Maybe this is why some S197's get so much flack...

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
I disagree. MOST older guys with S-197's just seem to stick a bunch of BS all over their cars, badges, snakes, those stupid stuffed kids that lean on your bumper at car shows, stickers, painting weird things ON the car, just plain weird stuff. I don't get it. I'd be willing to bet that all those goofy looking S-197's are all owned by old guys. I just don't get it.

-Mike

I completely agree with you Mike.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
We have a couple of hideous S197's around here. They go to every show, every week. They both went through the APC catalog and ordered everything. The best thing is when they get upset at the awards ceremonies by not winning....I'll try to dig up some pics.

Here's mine:
158.jpg

SpectorV

Established Member
mis-badging is so much more accepted on 05+ mustangs... not sure why. Its probably either having 10,000 special editions that everyone feels ok with it or ... so many first time mustang owners picked up 05+ mustangs and just put stuff on them that do not belong and dont know any better.

KLO101489

Established Member
You guys should see this V6 that goes to my local shows. Guy is a complete moron. Even has a Steeda badge upside down. Next time I see it I am taking pictures. Here is mine btw... needs wheels.

2.jpg

BoostingFACE

Banned
lmao at the green machine thats just priceless, god damn is it not enough to put all that ugly ass green shit everywhere in about 4 different shades but then to have the awedacity to put ****ing horses on the door , my god i think my eyes a bleeding,,, yep their ****ing bleeding.........................................................

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
i dunno why the miss-use of cobra badges bug me so much, but it does. guess you gotta earn them the correct way

BOSSisback82

Established Member
ok guys I found some seriously awesome mustangs...i know they aren't s197's but I also know everyone will love them so here they are
awesomemustang.png
[/URL] [/IMG]
00100002g.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
00100005.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
YOUR WELCOME :beer: :rockon:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I honestly think that the S197 brought out a new breed of Mustang owner. Seems that most, not all, but most of us came from the Fox-body era and have progressed to some extent. The S197 caught the attention of a whole new market who had never had a sports car, let alone a Mustang. That group honestly feels that the more crap you bolt/screw on the outside, the better the car gets. This same group feels that you should win car shows based on how many appearance mods you have. Not the case at our show (Mustang Week). We judge on cleanliness and overall appearance, so all the appearance mods strapped to the outside of the car aren't going to gain you anything.

People need to start worrying less about what someone else thinks of their car and more about what they think of their car. There is just too much stress at larger car shows these days.

Last edited:

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
Clean car except for the badges and brembo stickers.

I went for a similar look.

IMG_1002.gif

IMG_1004.gif

img_1215.gif

img_1216.gif

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
the S197 chassis has many extremes, from race to rice. I guess if you were to spend most your time at car shows, youd just see them being riced, same as if you spent most your time at race tracks, youd see them being raced.

Users who are viewing this thread