Maybe this is why some S197's get so much flack...

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Most of you have seen my 08 GT. In my opinion it's tastefully modified, but it seems that out of all the Mustangs S197 owners do the most untasteful stuff. I saw this GT on a S197 forum and had to post it up. I thought it was pretty much ridiculous.

Brembo emblems on OEM GT calipers and Cobra badges everywhere...

Picture060-1.gif

Picture059-1.gif

Picture061-1.jpg

Picture048-1.jpg

Fail.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
well its not a bad lookin car. just take the badges off

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
This sorta thing is what gives the sport a bad name. If you don't have they money to afford a 3,000.00 brake set, fine, so be it. Be happy with what you do have.

If you can't afford a cobra or GT500, or Brembo brakes in this case....fine. Be proud of what you DO have and enjoy it. Don't mis-badge parts/cars that aren't the real thing.(Fobra's....etc), this just makes you look like an idiot.

snkchmr 1

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

We got a nasty email from this fine group after MW on how they got screwed in the show.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
Is that MaxPayne's car on S197forum? That guy is a total tool bag. I've got an s197 and they're great cars, but like every car, there's the ricers in the group.

Here's mine:

forsale001.jpg

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I think the car looks pretty good. I can't say I'd pretend like that and put snake badges on a non-snake, but it looks good.

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
That black car is a good looking car IMO. Now the badges and stickers have to go, but I like it otherwise. Longshot, your car looks great!

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Is that MaxPayne's car on S197forum? That guy is a total tool bag. I've got an s197 and they're great cars, but like every car, there's the ricers in the group.

Here's mine:

forsale001.jpg

Yes, it is MaxPayne's car. He is the biggest tool on that forum. It's not so much a ricer disgrace that I'm pointing out, but the fact that you have to emblems on the car that obviously have no reason of being there. Shit is ridiculous.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I'm sorry but that black car is sick. Take the badges off and it'll be fine.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
That looks like a tribute painted on the underside of the hood, if so I have no issues with this car at all.

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

We got a nasty email from this fine group after MW on how they got screwed in the show.

Both of these were a little over the top. But they aren't that bad.

I personally prefer clean lines. I would be more likely to shave all of the badges, then to put any additional stuff on the car.

The car in the OP isn't that bad. Lose a couple badges and repaint the calipers black and it would look very nice.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
There are always idiots who buy the newest mustang, and start slapping on any part they find. Sadly these people don't post at any forum, so there is no one to help them realize whats good and whats not.

Users who are viewing this thread