MA Inspection Trouble! MA READ THIS!

ChromeSnake98

Established Member
Annnnd to ice the cake the registry just sent out an email to all the inspection stations to fail any vehicles with plug and plug, and or aftermarket HIDS. It states unless it's original equipment reguardless of color fails. I work at a dealership in Lawrence which means 90% of the cars now fail for this annnd about 100% of the employees cars fail lol. MASS SUX in plain English.

SVT-chris

Established Member
Hmm lol...

How will o/r x pipe with mil eliminators work out?

A few guys have said MIL's will still work, so I guess it's worth a shot.

As for me, being in deep shit already, I'm not sure its worth taking the risk of showing up to the MAC without cats. :burn:

chelseadevil21

Established Member
Come to think of it, I'm not sure what the previous owner did but I was able to pass back in October with an o/r x-pipe. I think I might be ok.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
yup its true, happened to a good buddy of mine.........same exact thing

if you have questions, just like GOTSVT mentioned, go talk to your tuner. There are ways to remedy the issue

and a big LOL at all the moron's bashing MA, it's only a matter of time before the rest of the states adopt the same laws. Seriously people, wake up.

Last edited:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Pretty sure CT just got rid of their inspections so I don't really think everyone is trying to catch up so fast

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
happened to my amg. inspection checks readiness of everything now o2 sensors are usually turned off for long tubes making them show in not ready state it fails pretty much on the first step.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
You just have to find the right place lol. I every time I went for an inspection I passed with a nice, clean, emissions reduced vehicle :D

SVT03DAL

Established Member
F*ck this sh*t. You'd think MA would spend their efforts in getting their municipalities budgets under control and in the black. Instead they continue to pass useless legislation that further inhibits people's freedom. Un-f*cking-believable. Only a matter of time before they start issuing fines, fees etc for non-compliance. Fortunately this does not affect me but I am now rethinking getting LT's and an o/r x that is for sure.

matt87

Established Member
thats why my stock catted h-pipe is staying right on the car. 10 hp isnt worth the fuss anymore. sorry about your troubles Chris. my friend Randy has a stock h-pipe if you need to borrow it.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I just passed today with longtubes and a catted H. The cats are bad so it throws a cel. I put eliminators in and drove it to the dealer where my friend works. He said the only monitor that didnt run yet was the cats but you are allowed 2 not ready monitors as long as they are all supported. I also had them turned off untill yesterday when I loaded the stock tune.

SVT-chris

Established Member
You just have to find the right place lol. I every time I went for an inspection I passed with a nice, clean, emissions reduced vehicle :D

I wish it was that simple, before it was just the CEL and visual inspection but now that it's in the computers the shop really has no control anymore :shrug:

F*ck this sh*t. You'd think MA would spend their efforts in getting their municipalities budgets under control and in the black. Instead they continue to pass useless legislation that further inhibits people's freedom. Un-f*cking-believable. Only a matter of time before they start issuing fines, fees etc for non-compliance. Fortunately this does not affect me but I am now rethinking getting LT's and an o/r x that is for sure.

lol I hear you man, I'm surprised they havent asked for more money yet...

thats why my stock catted h-pipe is staying right on the car. 10 hp isnt worth the fuss anymore. sorry about your troubles Chris. my friend Randy has a stock h-pipe if you need to borrow it.

Thanks Matt, I wish I could use his but I've got Mac Longtubes

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Chris, you can find a used Mac catted H for about $150. That will take care of the headaches. I would also get in contact with Pete from Performance Dyno as that's where I had the car tuned. But that was also back in '08. He may be able to email you a revised tune that allows for the O2's to be on and then either run MIL's or just keep the catted H on there. Text me if you have any other questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread