Lund Tune Vs. AED Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
No not at all. The drum inertia can sometimes keep an engine running and cover a problem up. But even w a dyno tune you still want to get it on the street to check tip in and make sure the changes are reflected on the street.

I don't own a dyno. But I don't spend the money renting one all the time because they're cool lol

tuning tool.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What about BBR tunes? Are they as good as aed/lund?

Not evevn close. If you want the best you want AED tune or from one of the AED approved shops that AED works with.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'll be getting my car tuned pretty shortly. The place I deal with uses strictly Lund for tuning. I know they have put out some stellar performing cars. I'm most likely going to have that tune installed.

The thing is, I've only seen a few posts about Lund tunes and there never really good. Some I have read have been bad like problems with passing emmisions and such.

The good feedback I come across is for AED. Who offers the AED tune? Seems a lot of cars running great AND performing well with AED.

Thoughts?

Like I posted above if you want the best you want and AED tune or from a shop AED works with. I recommend you call shaun at AED yourself and talk to him then make your choice after that.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I wouldn't be leaving Kevin at JPC out of any talk on good reliable tunes. I have had JPC tunes in my car for almost a year now with no complaints. Kevin has no problem going thru datalogs for you if you feel the need to do so. The drivability is great, and the car pulls hard and smooth thru the powerband. If you have questions or any concerns, they will look after them for you. :beer:

AED>JPC

I would leave them out of the equation.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
AED>JPC

I would leave them out of the equation.

We dont need an attitude like that in here, lets keep this clean. Just state your preference and leave it at that.

I use AED and im more then happy with shaun as my tuner. JPC would easily be my second choice as a tuner. There customer service and tunes are top notch.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
We dont need an attitude like that in here, lets keep this clean. Just state your preference and leave it at that.

I use AED and im more then happy with shaun as my tuner. JPC would easily be my second choice as a tuner. There customer service and tunes are top notch.

Yeah that was pretty harsh huh? Customer service yes, where your pulling these top notch tunes from....who knows.

OP asked a question about a good tuner. Someone brought another tuners name up as a recommendation. It's not a good one, get over it. I'll post my opinion whether you like it or not.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yeah that was pretty harsh huh? Customer service yes, where your pulling these top notch tunes from....who knows.

OP asked a question about a good tuner. Someone brought another tuners name up as a recommendation. It's not a good one, get over it. I'll post my opinion whether you like it or not.

We are on the same team so chill out. All these threads turn into a ****ing bash fest so trying to just keep it legit between the 2 tuners listed.

69camaro...

Established Member
Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
I run an AED tune and I can say I'm pretty satisfied so far the customer service has been really good

Justin81

Established Member
Thank you guys for all the feedback so far. The shop I use is about 3 minutes from my home AND my work. They are going to be doing the headers and full exhaust. The shop uses Lund Exclusively. I'm not happy about that because the Lund feedback IMO isn't good but what can I do? They've been very successful with the guy and won't be receptive to anything else. I'm probably going to pick the car up, enjoy it and Shop for an Alternative tune in the spring/Summer form AED.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you guys for all the feedback so far. The shop I use is about 3 minutes from my home AND my work. They are going to be doing the headers and full exhaust. The shop uses Lund Exclusively. I'm not happy about that because the Lund feedback IMO isn't good but what can I do? They've been very successful with the guy and won't be receptive to anything else. I'm probably going to pick the car up, enjoy it and Shop for an Alternative tune in the spring/Summer form AED.

I think you'll be more than pleased

Ratchet

Established Member

Yeah no you're totally right, not like JPC has ever had any fast coyotes, let alone the fastest out there, NA or FI.... Just sayin... Lol :beer:

Holovacko

Established Member
I've used Brenspeed, Lund and JPC. All 3 worked great, no complaints. I spoke to Lund about doing a Dyno tune. He didn't deny that you may squeeze a little more out with a Dyno, but was telling me that the benefit probably wouldn't out weigh the price for a N/A tune. The few times I contacted Lund with questions, he answered me the same day. JPC tune worked great also, they definitely check logs for you, because they asked me to do logs, so they could help me dial the car in. Customer Service couldn't of been any better. IMO all these tuners are excellent (Lund, JPC, Brenspeed, AED) the performance difference in the tunes are minimal. You're not going to gain 2-5 tenths, by switching between any of these guys, unless there was an error made between you and the tuner on the original tune. Track results are the only true gauge. Trans tunning in auto's may make the car feel different around town, but there is no miracle tune. I tried the top tier guys, all excellent, all very similar...

Last edited:

ford20

Established Member
You can't go wrong with either AED or Lund IMO. Lund is a great tuner and I haven't really heard any bad things about him other then slow response times.

Last edited:

jccobra

Established Member
I was at Cecil county last Saturday a lot of mustangs from rev auto and cars running low 11s on just tune and exhaust they are only half hour from there,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread