Lund Tune Vs. AED Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin81

Established Member
I'll be getting my car tuned pretty shortly. The place I deal with uses strictly Lund for tuning. I know they have put out some stellar performing cars. I'm most likely going to have that tune installed.

The thing is, I've only seen a few posts about Lund tunes and there never really good. Some I have read have been bad like problems with passing emmisions and such.

The good feedback I come across is for AED. Who offers the AED tune? Seems a lot of cars running great AND performing well with AED.

Thoughts?

tj4891

Established Member
drive to revolution auto in baltimore for as dyno tune!!! adam will dial your car in.

Ackman70

Established Member
I had a less then stellar experience with Lund on my '09 Shelby. Tune was lean and poor customer service. I would not use him again.

MrJimi

Established Member
i have never had a issue with lund tuning at all .. I have received the best customer service .. I would honestly recommend him

RC-5.0

Established Member
I have never heard bad things about either. I have a Steeda Tune on my car and they can send you a tune also.. Have you ever heard bad things from Steeda-tuned cars?
RC

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Piss poor customer service with Lund tuning thru lethal performance. End result was Lund wanted to charge me to look at my logs and pay for a tuning session. All I wanted was a " hey the log looks good". Shaun is a smart ass like me and believes in customer support like me. I will never switch unless I buy a gm product. Customer service matters to me but the tuning was just so much better.

wheelhopper

Established Member
^The problem getting a Steeda tune is that the OP is in PA. So Steeda is going to send him a tune based on the mods the OP lists. A dyno tune is much better and accurate. I would do a dyno tune if that is an option.

I have had an email tune from Lund that worked well. Also a lot of guys in MACA used him back in the day with the Terminators. He was the man to go to for a tune. I have heard he is very had to get a hold of. I think he has a partner now to help with the tuning work load.

hopony

Established Member
Lund tuned my car, I had a lot of problems tuning it, but lund was always quick to respond and very helpful. He even stayed late to help me finish the tune before the weekend.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Lund dyno tune on my car with zero issues. I had the generic Lund tune with the car was n/a and also had no issues.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
AED tune for me and never had any issues, Shaun is quick with responses and ensures your tune is good. I will be taking my vehicle back to him with my new setup. Hands down best tune I have had. I cant speak on lund because i have never used Lund tuning. But i have heard good and bad about them.

You wont be dissappointed with any of Shauns tunes

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
AED tune for me and never had any issues, Shaun is quick with responses and ensures your tune is good. I will be taking my vehicle back to him with my new setup. Hands down best tune I have had. I cant speak on lund because i have never used Lund tuning. But i have heard good and bad about them.

You wont be dissappointed with any of Shauns tunes

Same :thumbsup:

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
I have had them both for N/A... if you are going FI... have one of them remote tune...
I would do a e-mail tune but I dont have an e-mail address of my own...

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
I have LUND email tune and the car wake up right away after installed . Had it for a year and no problems at all. Will go to the dyno in the future thou.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
So Steeda is going to send him a tune based on the mods the OP lists. A dyno tune is much better and accurate. I would do a dyno tune if that is an option.

Really?
Much better and more accurate?

You people do realize that the only real difference is one is standing at a computer onside of the car reading the logs he just took and the other is standing at a computer elsewhere looking at the logs he just had you take?

A dyno tune will also make a base tune based on mod list.

They do the same shit just in a different location.

Personally I'll take a good street tune over some WOT dyno only pulls any day of the week.

The DYNO makes it easier because you don't have to go flog your car on public streets to get data logs.
A good tuner reads logs and makes adjustments. He will do this no matter where the car is running.

ONESTOUTSTANG

Established Member
I Agree

We tuned all my foxes at the track only. Never been on a dyno.

Good thread though seeing as I will have a 2013 soon.
Thanks

Onslaught 001

Established Member
Try calling Adam Marrer of Pops Racing.
1) Very knowledgeable and experienced
2) Fantastic customer service
3) Remote Tuning is an option!

He remotely tuned my custom m112/v6 combination and its just right. He also helped me trouble shoot wiring problems with the wide-band gauge at the beginning without additional cost.

Baysixx

Established Member
I went from Lund to AED. The difference way night and day. Definitely more powerful and the car pulled smoother. Daily driving seemed easier on the AED tune. Almost like stock. My mods at the time were boss mani, x pipe. I asked to get my tune refined cuz I wanted to data log and they said they didn't need to. Kinda sketched me out.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
drive to revolution auto in baltimore for as dyno tune!!! adam will dial your car in.

+1 Adam works with Shaun at AED too. I got my base tune/SCT from Shaun and he forwarded it to Adam who did the final tuning on the dyno. Rev auto just got a new 14,000sq/ft facility too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread