Ls1 in cobra

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Hey OP you think you have the bastard DOHC motor?! Try 96-98 Cobras. We don't even have a second choice of intake manifold for our cars. The 99 and up DOHC are awesome engines. As is mine. It doesn't take much to make these things go faster or produce more power. When I was bolt on N/A I could hang with the LS1's. Hell my friend has a Fire Hawk and to this day he has never won a race against me or ANY Cobra for that matter. And his car is no turd(I think he picks on the wrong cars). Now that I have a Procharger my car is damn respectable(and my friend with the Fire Hawk is very familiar with my tail lights). And it was only $4k for the used kit, additional parts and tune.

Last edited:

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Now that some PMs have been sent,,,,,,

I agree more with Quad on this one.

Looks like you are in the minority. :poke:

Quad and I agreed to disagree and it was OVER. There weren't any issues after we settled it like MEN. I don't understand what all the drama is all about, and to have a "timeout" almost a day after the melee is over seems unnecessary.

Some things end up working themselves out all on their own. :beer:

Anyway, guess I am getting banned now for speaking my mind, so see you guys some other time. :rolleyes:

It was a good discussion and I hope the OP gets what he wants with his car.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
You are absolutely going to destroy the value of the car, not to mention the eternal burning in your testicles of 80,000 SVTP members putting impotence curses on you. :lol:

Seriously though, don't do it.

The 32v engine you have makes the LS engine (technology-wise) look like a throwback to the troglodyte era.

hahaha that is a very funny statement. Have you ever looked at the efficiency of a mod motor, oh wait they are not that efficient. A car with more cubes an troglodyte era technology get better mpg.......:rollseyes

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Quad and I agreed to disagree and it was OVER. There weren't any issues after we settled it like MEN. I don't understand what all the drama is all about, and to have a "timeout" almost a day after the melee is over seems unnecessary.

Anyway, guess I am getting banned now for speaking my mind, so see you guys some other time. :rolleyes:

I explained everything in the PM, no need to go on here.

but No, you are not banned.

But in the minority? Of SVPT New edge section maybe.

The LSx is a great motor.
$ for $ better all around to mod.
Why is it that other than the "Ford Modular classes" 99% of racers go pushrod?

1. Cost
2. ease of working on it
3. parts readily availible
4. need I go on?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Barry, Don't even bother. Its not worth the aggravation.

The 4v is a good engine, with some shortcomings. The LS1 is a great engine, with imho, fewer shortcomings.

Both work and make power. But I've never been one to get upset about a Brand X engine into a Ford. If its fast, its fast.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member

want some cheese with that whine?

i agree with Quad, mod-for-mod, and dollar-for-dollar, the ford 4v can't TOUCH the LSx engines...make more power and get better mileage in a more compact package while spending less money...can't blame anyone for wanting to do that...

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
LMFAO at this thread!

op, supercharge your car and be happy, or sell it to someone who wants it and get into a F-body

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Here's a 5.4 32V option for 96-04 Mustangs.
Modded Aussie intake shown.
Latest underhood pics:

IMG_1503.gif

IMG_1505.gif

Last edited:

cobraracer46

Banned
The 5.4 GT super car engine wins! let's throw in the 500+HP NA Roush Yates 5.0 Modular DOHC motor in the Grand AM FR500 GT to end this LS1 VS Modular debate once and for all. LS1 fans:burn::burn::burn:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
hahaha that is a very funny statement. Have you ever looked at the efficiency of a mod motor, oh wait they are not that efficient. A car with more cubes an troglodyte era technology get better mpg.......:rollseyes

The Modular engines have pretty good BSFC, and I'd wager they are more efficient than the non-MDS LSXs with the same exact load, such as on an engine dyno.

F-Bodies got better mileage than the Mustangs even with the V6s. Chevy trucks are smaller and lighter, it isn't that hard to figure out why they get better mileage in some applications.

The LS1 wouldn't get the same mileage in a Mustang with a 5 speed and the 5.3 would get worse mileage in an F150.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
My Mach gets 20 city every time.
It has gotten a best of 29.97 highway.
My old Red GT with a 2000 Cobra crate motor gets 31.5 highway.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Can someone pull up the link to this thread on ls1tech or whatever the GM web site is? Thats the only reason I could see someone posting this on here????

I also avg 18-19 MPG with more then 80% of my driving city. Oh, and i rip the S*** out of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread