Ls1 in cobra

cobravenom99

Established Member
this might sound stupid to some people or make some hardcore ford guys pissed, but i got the idea of maybe throwing an ls1 in my 99 cobra, Anyone think it can be done? Just a crazy thought please dont get mad lol
I got this crazy thought cause im mad and disappointed in my car because i was reading the forums today and i saw alot of people said that 99-01 motors are junk and dont have much pontential and its been bothering me. Are they really that bad? i just got my cobra may of 08 and i feel like its worthless. (only 14,000 miles on it)

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
this might sound stupid to some people or make some hardcore ford guys pissed, but i got the idea of maybe throwing an ls1 in my 99 cobra, Anyone think it can be done? Just a crazy thought please dont get mad lol
I got this crazy thought cause im mad and disappointed in my car because i was reading the forums today and i saw alot of people said that 99-01 motors are junk and dont have much pontential and its been bothering me. Are they really that bad? i just got my cobra may of 08 and i feel like its worthless. (only 14,000 miles on it)

Theres plenty of potential for a 99 - 01 motor. Fr500 heads, cams, intake will make 400+ wheel...Build it and turbo or supercharge it. Just please dont put a ****in ls1 motor in your car. If you want an LS1 then sell the cobra and get a trans am or camaro. Not trying to sound like a dick cause the ls1 is a good motor, just not for a cobra. Get your flame suit on bro...

Defknotzero

Established Member
Im pretty sure it's doable but i would buy an ls1 car instead of the conversion.

Resale value?

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member

You are absolutely going to destroy the value of the car, not to mention the eternal burning in your testicles of 80,000 SVTP members putting impotence curses on you. :lol:

Seriously though, don't do it.

The 32v engine you have makes the LS engine (technology-wise) look like a throwback to the troglodyte era.

cobravenom99

Established Member
lol i wasnt trying to sound gay, im a little jelous of the ls1 and i feel like my engine is worthless in potential and if i had enough money i would of got a termi and not of been mad, but i keep hearing that my engine is worthless.

cobravenom99

Established Member
i knew alot of guys on site would get pissed, thats why i put please dont get mad and think im a flamer, by the way if i ever was to do it(99% chance i never will) i would save my engine and put it back in so i dont loose resale value.

cobravenom99

Established Member
lol ok but how much would a termi motor that needs rebuliding ( i got a connect for all stock engine parts, so it wouldnt cost me much) or an engine from a termi thats been in a rear crash?

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
i knew alot of guys on site would get pissed, thats why i put please dont get mad and think im a flamer, by the way if i ever was to do it(99% chance i never will) i would save my engine and put it back in so i dont loose resale value.

honestly bro add some mods and hit it with a 100 shot..you will be happy. Theres so many different combos and options out there to do. Just look around. An eaton swap would also put a big smile on your face, an eaton swap would also open the door to all kb's and whipples.

Oncebitten99'

Green & Mean
Established Member
I thought of doing the opposite. I want to put a cobra motor in a ws6

lol. I would kill to see that. As for the ls1 in the cobra i wouldnt. The 99-01 motor definately has potential. I miss the hell out of my 99. And if all else fails there is always forced induction.

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
No potential?
My car:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5rzD_OgvGU"]YouTube - Mach 1 150 Shot, 09-05-08 Street Legals[/ame]
My buddies 01 Cobra:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjekhs4ifgk"]YouTube - 01 Cobra Turbo[/ame]

Last edited:

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
You are absolutely going to destroy the value of the car, not to mention the eternal burning in your testicles of 80,000 SVTP members putting impotence curses on you. :lol:

Seriously though, don't do it.

The 32v engine you have makes the LS engine (technology-wise) look like a throwback to the troglodyte era.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
how could you even think of doing that especially with only 14,000 miles on that motor? The ls1 is a great engine, but it does not belong in a mustang. Your 32v is a high revving free breathing beast, plenty of potential with 4 valves per cylinder! come on man, ford didnt totally mess up! All we lack is displacement, but that can be made up in spades with a power adder!!!forced induction ftw!

Redfire_Cobra

Established Member
lol i wasnt trying to sound gay, im a little jelous of the ls1 and i feel like my engine is worthless in potential and if i had enough money i would of got a termi and not of been mad, but i keep hearing that my engine is worthless.

Seriously where do you keep hearing this?

The 99-01 4V has plenty of potential, all you really need is a good set of pistons/rods and the power adder of your choice and probably still have money left over from what the LS1 swap would cost.

Users who are viewing this thread