looking to race 2012+ 5.0

BlueSnake01

Established Member
A coyote making 460+hp with just an intake exhaust and tune? Wow
I really doubt that. Im sure it was more along the lines for 430-440whp or less. With the Boss intake, headers, etc ive seen them in the 460+ area.
Good kill O.P! Glad you stomp the foot and drew the line. Waiting for vids. Any passengers on either car?

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I really doubt that. Im sure it was more along the lines for 430-440whp or less. With the Boss intake, headers, etc ive seen them in the 460+ area.
Good kill O.P! Glad you stomp the foot and drew the line. Waiting for vids. Any passengers on either car?

Yea that was my thought process also :shrug: full bolt ons should be 460rwhp at most.....

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
I don't have any proof on his claims unfortunately. He had one passenger. But due to the fact that we def aren't the heaviest of dudes I don't think much would have changed. I weighed the most I'm about 165 after I crap.when running I was slowly pulling and it would have most likely continued if we kept going past 110-120.
I sent him a message asking next time we run he should use his go pro so it can be more even. I have a 2.76 pulley in my garage. Next time we race after his upgrades and he wins, I'll contemplate spending the $500 to tune with that smaller pulley and run again. And to all the other guys that are messaging me to run, thanks for the opportunity but it was first come first serve lol. Come to these meets with sd stangs and make sure to send sd stangs a friend request on fb to follow what's going on next. Maybe then we can organize a run there

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I don't have any proof on his claims unfortunately. He had one passenger. But due to the fact that we def aren't the heaviest of dudes I don't think much would have changed. I weighed the most I'm about 165 after I crap.when running I was slowly pulling and it would have most likely continued if we kept going past 110-120.
I sent him a message asking next time we run he should use his go pro so it can be more even. I have a 2.76 pulley in my garage. Next time we race after his upgrades and he wins, I'll contemplate spending the $500 to tune with that smaller pulley and run again. And to all the other guys that are messaging me to run, thanks for the opportunity but it was first come first serve lol. Come to these meets with sd stangs and make sure to send sd stangs a friend request on fb to follow what's going on next. Maybe then we can organize a run there

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Looks like you have 5.Bro's wanting your head on a plate for beating one of them lol

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
And to all the other guys that are messaging me to run, thanks for the opportunity but it was first come first serve lol. Come to these meets with sd stangs and make sure to send sd stangs a friend request on fb to follow what's going on next. Maybe then we can organize a run there

So after you so desperately wanted a race with a 5bro for the longest, you now have more than one request for a race and you turned down their request to run you?

Why is that I'm curious?

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
I really want to do some race comparison testing on my newly acquired cobra.

That is why ^^
This wasn't a call out to prove a point, it wasn't to say which car is better. It wasn't me against the 5.0 world. Yes I wanted to see how I matched up against ONE very specific vehicle to see if 5.0's are as fast as they claim. Also It was mostly for my personal use that as I mod my car I can race him again to see my gains. And vice versa for him. I relatively treated it as hiring someone for a job and I knew the resume I was looking for. I knew it was going to be a close race, and it was closer than I imagined. Its exactly what I was looking for and I don't need another comparison (unless he decides not to run anymore for whatever reason). Does this mean I'm done running 5.0's? Hell no! Every race from now is is just... Leisure. Im not going to drive 20 miles down south to look for the trouble unless they come to me because I got what I was looking for.:burnout:
I did state also in that last post for others come to SD Stangs meets to run and meet good people. Thats where Im trying to be more often now and if someone really wants to run they now know where Im at. Its online and updated a lot. And I should state that there was only once where there was solid plans to run another car that wasn't a 5.0 that had to abort mission due to a family emergency at the last second. I didn't cancel set times to meet with these guys because none were ever made so I dont want you to think Im giving anyone the middle finger. I just showed up to SD stangs meet up and they called around and got a guy in. Way easier than dancing around a calender and aiming for a small 2 hour window where they were free. Unfortunately I dont have a bat signal to use as a sign that I want to run. And shitty for me there isn't much mustang pride around where I live so I have to travel distances. Travel is a scary word for me and my 24k mile cobra. Trying to stay under 3-4k miles a year and Im quickly surpassing that. So I should say this though in light of your post dadeu5e. If anyone 5.0 or whatever wants to run I can most nights because Im a loser and I don't do much. Im in the La jolla area so message me if you are in town. Loser has to buy me a $20 scratcher :dancenana:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I don't turn down anyone's request at a race, hence my signature. I'm in Compton so that race between us won't happen just in case you were hinting at that but if you come up here to the next baldwin park meet with Ian and those guys from San Diego, then I'd be down to run. I daily drive my cobra, and I don't worry about mileage. I figured people who wanted a low mileage car and wanted to keep it that way planned on selling it. My snake is here to stay and will be doing what it was built for, abuse at the track and fun runs on the streets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread