looking to race 2012+ 5.0

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Not that far. Maybe we can plan something out when Deuce gets his car going? I'll see if I can bring my buddy with his 13 gt500 to run as well.

Are we doing the whole I might lose so I'll bring my friend with more power thing? Lol It don't matter bring him I don't care

Nefi

Established Member
No, it went from me running with Deuce to me running with Deuce, AND you. Like I said before, I dont care if I lose and I'd like to see how my car progresses as I build it. I'll just tell him to stand by then haha

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
No, it went from me running with Deuce to me running with Deuce, AND you. Like I said before, I dont care if I lose and I'd like to see how my car progresses as I build it. I'll just tell him to stand by then haha

Well you said u was lookin to run da5deuce and couldn't find him (really don't see why you didn't ask the guy is big as hell and always down to run lol he is the 2nd biggest black guy there I'm the first) you said u was waiting on us guys. So I assumed I'm one of those guys. I'll run you and I'll run that shelby same night just say when my number is 9513290299 let me know. What cobra did u run against?? I didn't think there were many races that day

Last edited:

Nefi

Established Member
Well you said u was lookin to run da5deuce and couldn't find him (really don't see why you didn't ask the guy is big as hell and always down to run lol he is the 2nd biggest black guy there I'm the first) you said u was waiting on us guys. So I assumed I'm one of those guys. I'll run you and I'll run that shelby same night just say when my number is 9513290299 let me know. What cobra did u run against?? I didn't think there were many races that day

Well, as you can see, I barely have 20 post and I'm still not familiar with you guys. I still don't names, cars or faces yet with the exception of a few. I didn't know that Deuce was that well known, but I'm aware now. I don't remember the owners name, but I have the video of it on my FB, can't really see much though https://m.facebook.com/nefi.lopez.1
I'll save your number though. Do you know a few places where we can run em?

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Well, as you can see, I barely have 20 post and I'm still not familiar with you guys. I still don't names, cars or faces yet with the exception of a few. I didn't know that Deuce was that well known, but I'm aware now. I don't remember the owners name, but I have the video of it on my FB, can't really see much though https://m.facebook.com/nefi.lopez.1
I'll save your number though. Do you know a few places where we can run em?

Lol maybe I came at you a little hard but I'm just aggressive that way. Whenever we run u meet da5deuce along with others that I know will want to go. Go too fff mostly everyone will be there. Out your way Idk any streets to run but we can do some late night freeway runs let me know

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
So it finally went down!...
Tonight was a the vp of sd stangs b-day so I met someone with the mods listed from what I can remeber:
2013 5.0 light blue. Bama tune, wheels and tires, intake, exhaust. Maybe maybe maybe lowered. I dont know. His name is Matt and if anyone knows if he has a profile let him know Im posting so he can correct any info I have wrong.
He said 465 or 456 or close to that at the wheels corrected on the dyno. Impressive ass power for such simple mods.
I do not know what power mine makes, which I thought I did but I was not supplying sae corrected numbers. uncorrected on the leaner tune with 1 degree more
timing I made 494 tq and 478 hp in 40 degree weather UNCORRECTED. With a safer tune with a degree less timing and running richer I assume My power level is very similar to his. My mods are 2.93 pulley, intake, dual pass heat exchanger, boost a pump, 63 pound injecetors, catless h pipe, bassani cat back. Stock wheels and suspension.
We did about 4 pulls. 2 first pulls are at 60 mph, 3rd gear for me, I ASSUME 3rd for him as well. There is traffic so we have about enough time to hit 110 and sometimes 120 before we have to stop to get out of the way.
I won both but barely. 3rd gear we are about the same till the top of the rpm ladder and once Im in 4th im swimming away BUT NOT BY MUCH. At the end of each 60 roll he was at my side skirts. I cant speak for 5.0 guys but 3rd gear at 60 is not the optimum speed for cobras. Too high for 2nd, but just a lil low for 3rd. 75 roll is my JAM! But we never did that.
We tried a 45 roll. He raped me due to my tire spin in second. I stood in place. I need 305's not 275. We went one more time again at 60 and the same result occured as before. We plan on running again when he gets his boss intake,tb, and a proper tune from Lund racing. And next time I want wheels and to have my more agreesive tune running. A member here was following us, and I think we have video doing these races in mexico. Some vacuum line kept coming off the back of his whipple, silver cobra just like mine, and was blowing flames down the street. I ran him too and even with his faulty system that when healthy does 670 to the wheels, destroyed me and was actually my first
race lost of all races that I have had traction.

BONUS! And this is where Matt really needs to chime in. When we were all said and done and heading back home, I was in the front of the pack and I found a chrome gold audi r8. Gaudy as ****. Looked like one of those fancy carmel
candys that are wrapped in shiny gold wrappers. Or wrapped in several of willy wonkas gold tickets. I pulled next to it and he took the
hit but we went from a 70-75 roll (my JAM!). I have no idea if he was fully trying, of course i want to believe, but I pulled him and won. That was the only race I got in because he merged onto the next freeway and Matt was in hot pursuit and I need to know what his experience was like racing that Audi.

Last edited:

BIGRED07GT

Established Member
Thanks for coming out man. I'm glad we were able to make it happen. I will upload some pics on our fb of the event. Nice car see ya aorund.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396778165504.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396778165504.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 107

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Damn what time did you fools meet at? I wouldve cruised down if I had known it was goin down. You always meet in Mission Valley?

quicksilverdc

VOODO DC
Established Member
So it finally went down!...
Tonight was a the vp of sd stangs b-day so I met someone with the mods listed from what I can remeber:
2013 5.0 light blue. Bama tune, wheels and tires, intake, exhaust. Maybe maybe maybe lowered. I dont know. His name is Matt and if anyone knows if he has a profile let him know Im posting so he can correct any info I have wrong.
He said 465 or 456 or close to that at the wheels corrected on the dyno. Impressive ass power for such simple mods.
I do not know what power mine makes, which I thought I did but I was not supplying sae corrected numbers. uncorrected on the leaner tune with 1 degree more
timing I made 494 tq and 478 hp in 40 degree weather UNCORRECTED. With a safer tune with a degree less timing and running richer I assume My power level is very similar to his. My mods are 2.93 pulley, intake, dual pass heat exchanger, boost a pump, 63 pound injecetors, catless h pipe, bassani cat back. Stock wheels and suspension.
We did about 4 pulls. 2 first pulls are at 60 mph, 3rd gear for me, I ASSUME 3rd for him as well. There is traffic so we have about enough time to hit 110 and sometimes 120 before we have to stop to get out of the way.
I won both but barely. 3rd gear we are about the same till the top of the rpm ladder and once Im in 4th im swimming away BUT NOT BY MUCH. At the end of each 60 roll he was at my side skirts. I cant speak for 5.0 guys but 3rd gear at 60 is not the optimum speed for cobras. Too high for 2nd, but just a lil low for 3rd. 75 roll is my JAM! But we never did that.
We tried a 45 roll. He raped me due to my tire spin in second. I stood in place. I need 305's not 275. We went one more time again at 60 and the same result occured as before. We plan on running again when he gets his boss intake,tb, and a proper tune from Lund racing. And next time I want wheels and to have my more agreesive tune running. A member here was following us, and I think we have video doing these races in mexico. Some vacuum line kept coming off the back of his whipple, silver cobra just like mine, and was blowing flames down the street. I ran him too and even with his faulty system that when healthy does 670 to the wheels, destroyed me and was actually my first
race lost of all races that I have had traction.

BONUS! And this is where Matt really needs to chime in. When we were all said and done and heading back home, I was in the front of the pack and I found a chrome gold audi r8. Gaudy as ****. Looked like one of those fancy carmel
candys that are wrapped in shiny gold wrappers. Or wrapped in several of willy wonkas gold tickets. I pulled next to it and he took the
hit but we went from a 70-75 roll (my JAM!). I have no idea if he was fully trying, of course i want to believe, but I pulled him and won. That was the only race I got in because he merged onto the next freeway and Matt was in hot pursuit and I need to know what his experience was like racing that Audi.

Nice runs man your car runs good! Here are some pictures of the flame show
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396824580.629259.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396824587.435699.jpg

BIGRED07GT

Established Member

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396830674006.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396830674006.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 115
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396830685866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396830685866.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 106
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396830702434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396830702434.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 104