looking into meth need help!

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Hey guys i'm looking into getting a meth kit for the car, it's tuned on 94 and I have 91 at home that i am using right now but with that I have to stay out of the boost. i'm thinking of getting meth so i could fix this problem, i asked my tuner about it and he says he doesn't recommend any for my car because they don't work very good. need some advice want to fix this soon.

Anabolic

Banned
i was interested in the (snow performance kit)

they seem to beneficial in reducing charge temps and making the 93 octane (110) or some bullcrap...

guess it's a good power qualifier allowing more timing if you need

101blur

Established Member
I have looked into meth injection on 03-04 cobra I here is basically pointless before the blower, for raising gas octane. but good in the fact it keeps the blower IAT's down only way to utilize the add octane rating given from meth is to have it injected after the blower in the lower intake or as a direct port style. I'm not an expert just some of the research has lead me to believe this being true other then my tuner telling the same thing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had to do a double take when I read the thread title. LOL

04svtsnke

Established Member
I've talked to Julio at alky control IN DEPTH about this for positive displacement blowers(specifically the 03/04 cobras). His advice( besides using his kit as its top notch) is to run it pre throttle body and use 100% meth. The iat will not be affected hardly and the only thing meth can really be used for pre blower is for octane and that's why 100% meth works best. I suggest calling him and talking to him personally because you're going to get every answer from everyone; most don't even own a kit, and some that do answer don't even have a positive displacement blower. If you're using meth for our care use it for the octane, get a killer chiller for iat2 reduction.

cobra_mer

Established Member
I had to do a double take when I read the thread title. LOL

I'm right there with you made me LOL.

Back to the business at hand. I've talked to a pretty respected tuner in my area about setting it up as well. He stated the same thing for PD blowers run pre TB and use 100% meth it works the best in his opinion. :beer:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
^ cobra mer ........ R U referring to possibly Lidio or Paul??? IIRC Lidio has mentioned being a fan of straight meth....so he has a constant variable when he dyno tunes.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Well for those of you concerned about the meth doing damage to the internal components to your supercharger and engine, running 100% meth will do it. It is corrosive to aluminum. A 50/50 mix which is ideal is not nearly as damaging and in fact can be very benneficial to your engine by bassically steam cleaning it. Also spraying pre blower will still effectively raise your octane rating to over 100. Its true that it is not nearly as effective when being sprayed through the blower to lower IATs but is still helps a little, its not as if there is no cooling at all.

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Just ordered a MAF Stage 2 Snow performance kit for my car getting it installed next week hope everything works great and I can still make big numbers on 91 and meth and not be worried anymore, thank-you for the info.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
A 50/50 mix will bring IATs down more on a PD blower car sprayed pre blower than straight meth.

The person who posted above that you don't get an octane boost by spraying pre blower that is absolutely wrong. You will receive the same octane boost spraying pre blower.

While it's true spraying pre blower will not get you as cool IATs as if you sprayed post blower because of the intercooler it's not true that there's no cooling. You will still see IATs around 130 which is very nice. Much better than 180+.

OP if your tuner says they don't work very good he's not educated on the subject and clearly has no first hand experience.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Well for those of you concerned about the meth doing damage to the internal components to your supercharger and engine, running 100% meth will do it. It is corrosive to aluminum. A 50/50 mix which is ideal is not nearly as damaging and in fact can be very benneficial to your engine by bassically steam cleaning it. Also spraying pre blower will still effectively raise your octane rating to over 100. Its true that it is not nearly as effective when being sprayed through the blower to lower IATs but is still helps a little, its not as if there is no cooling at all.

You're not pouring meth into the intake tract as you're spraying. It's a fine atomized mist. All the higher end kits are all stainless steel and have pumps that can handle 100% meth. I will say you should probably clean your system out once a year.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I have meth on mine but my info really doesnt help you at all. I run an Alcohol Injection Systems Stage 2 Progressive kit and it comes with a trunk mounted 3 gallon tank that has the pump built in under it. I opted for the stainless braided line for the entire kit which I highly highly recommend everyone doing. Dont spray a highly flammable lquid through a tiny nylon tube into an engine compartment.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Dont spray a highly flammable lquid through a tiny nylon tube into an engine compartment.

Last I checked the 50/50 mix didn't even burn when I tired to light it in liquid form. Guys running straight meth though is a different story. I agree a nice steel braided hose is nice though.

04svtsnke

Established Member
I have meth on mine but my info really doesnt help you at all. I run an Alcohol Injection Systems Stage 2 Progressive kit and it comes with a trunk mounted 3 gallon tank that has the pump built in under it. I opted for the stainless braided line for the entire kit which I highly highly recommend everyone doing. Dont spray a highly flammable lquid through a tiny nylon tube into an engine compartment.

I also have a ais stage 2 meth kit. Stainless lines, dual nozzle upgrade, ect. Snow performance, cooligmist, devils own, aem will never get my money. All of their kits aren't made to handle 100% meth which to me makes it non worthwhile kit to me. ALL meth kits should be able to handle any percentage of meth you wanna run.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Snow performance, cooligmist, devils own, aem will never get my money. All of their kits aren't made to handle 100% meth which to me makes it non worthwhile kit to me.

Where did you get that information? I've spoken to snow performance and devils own quite a bit and both of them say their pumps and equipment is made for up to 100% meth. Heck even their websites say so.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Where did you get that information? I've spoken to snow performance and devils own quite a bit and both of them say their pumps and equipment is made for up to 100% meth. Heck even their websites say so.

My mistake. Their kits can handle 100% meth but they don't recommend it. I agree with itsslow98 though, I'd never run 100% meth through nylon tubing, I feel 100% safer with stainless steel braided lines.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Last I checked the 50/50 mix didn't even burn when I tired to light it in liquid form. Guys running straight meth though is a different story. I agree a nice steel braided hose is nice though.

Yea sorry I run 100% meth should have clarified. I actually had a very small fire on the dyno because a valve cover gasket blew out and oil hit the manifold. Happened to be in the corner that my meth line was run through the firewall. Had that been nylon the car would be done for.

Users who are viewing this thread