i like ice cream
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
That should look good.
If you want to run 315 35 17
size tires in the front, you could
add this Griggs front flare kit.
mn.gif
is this a joke??? do people actually put this on their car? if that looks that bad over the computer, i can't even comprehend how it looks in real life! :vomit:

Mach0ne351: i'm really sorry about your car. like you said though, at least you get to use insurance how it was supposed to. good luck!

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
HAHA!! I would recommend that you get off the street and actually attempt to realize the true potential of your car, maybe then you would understand the functionality of something that you say looks so terrible.
Form<Functionality

Once you get into road racing all these so called ricer mods that you see actually come into their own and do have a use on track.

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i guess i never thought about the function of something like that. good point! maybe someday i will realize, but for now my views of the above photos remain unchanged. sorry, i wasn't trying to offend you or anyone else by the way...:thumbsup:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
You didnt offend me, It's just funny some of the things I used to call "rice" actually do have a function on a road race car, that doesnt mean that when I see it on a '90 honda prelude that Im not going to call the owner a "ricer" :beer:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
dtheo said:
Those Tiger Racing front kits are totally functional, allow for 11 inch rims up front and even better has an aerodymamic flare to it for wind direction. The hood is functional as well, it actually works!! That griggs car is totally bad ass.
Do that have get some type of heavy duty front wheel bearings and of course breaks to deal w/ 11" rims on the front?! :eek:

Hey Marek, that looks like a cool front splitter! I didn't know anyone was making a Terminator style front fascia w/ a splitter. :thumbsup:

This is probably a dumb question but are you gonna move to the 00R rear wing at some point? Like Anthony was saying, while most folks will claim "rice" I actually like that wing and I think it would prove beneficial on the road course!:beer:

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I was under the impression that the steeda wing was functional as well....maybe not as functional as the R wing....but was designed for a purpose as well.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Hey Marek, that looks like a cool front splitter! I didn't know anyone was making a Terminator style front fascia w/ a splitter. :thumbsup:

This is probably a dumb question but are you gonna move to the 00R rear wing at some point? Like Anthony was saying, while most folks will claim "rice" I actually like that wing and I think it would prove beneficial on the road course!:beer:

ya, steeda makes the airdam for the 03/04 cobra front. i was thinking of the 00R wing, but unless i get sideexhaust i might look a little weird lol....

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
You should go after the city to get some money out of them... after all they are responsible for their roads. I like the new front end you're going with, and I'm digging that Tiger Racing hood. The front flares might be good if you could put 11" wide rims to good use at the track!

Mach0ne351

Established Member
i asked about that to state farm, but they said "unless the same thing happened to numerous of other people, they wont do a darn thing."

marek

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
i asked about that to state farm, but they said "unless the same thing happened to numerous of other people, they wont do a darn thing."

marek
man, that sucks! i was going to suggest something similar. i guess that would make too much sense for them to own up to their own crappy roads.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ya, but hey, it'll only cost me $250 for everything. im not worried....now i can upgrade to something that no many people have. it's all good.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
99riocobra said:
man, that sucks! i was going to suggest something similar. i guess that would make too much sense for them to own up to their own crappy roads.

As I understand it, the pothole, dip, ditch, whatever has to be reported to the city before you can attempt to get money out of them. Or have a lawyer who can prove that incidents have occurred there before and the city was negligent, like Marek said.

Also, NOT FAIR ON THE INSURANCE PAYOUT. lol. I had my top slashed and got a whopping $700 after the $50 deductable from All State. I want my extra $2800. lol.

So you got anything else planned other than the bumper??

01SVT_TruBLu

Mach0ne351 said:
haha, well with the recent "incident" that happend with my car, i now have the option of "upgrading" my look, and few other goodies.....so, here is a sneakpeak at what my 01 will look like VERY soon (it's already in the paint shop for the front facsia...and hoodpins)

20sebring2005-1024x768.jpg

also, some MM front control arms going to be installed, and with the extra $$$ i have left over, i will decide on the "other" goodies. State Farm gave me a CRAPLOAD of $$$ to repair the front end, and ill only pay $250 of the repairs.

Marek

Nice move...I like it!!! Also...What brands wheels are those??

Jamie R.

Established Member
That will look good bro!! I actually like the front splitter, but man that thing would scratched up pretty good on a lowered car I'm thinking. The car in the pic does look bada$$!!!!!

Jamie R.
'01 Cobra

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
ok, u asked for it..

00Rlip_own3d.jpg

driving down a F'd up street @ 25-30mph (speed limit). see a railroad track, let off the gas, BUT the side of the tracks im on are TOTALLY f'd up (big ol dip! small mountain of warped concrete in the middle of the tracks etc.)... so im goin over it, and it makes the car go upppp then BBAAMM! down into the mound of the warped road in the middle of the RR tracks.

the lip was crapping on the ground, but atleast i was 1block away from getting to APEX Motorsports (local mustang shop), and i took the bumper off there. but hey! atleast the reinforcements i made for the bumper HELD the biitch! hahaha i wasnt worried or pissed. $hit happens, and that is why we have car insurance, and pay for a $250 deductable :) got $3500 from the insurance to fix it up :)

marek

damn you got 3500 for that?? NICE!

Users who are viewing this thread