Look at what my front end is gonna look like now :) NEW NEW NEW

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
99riocobra said:
is this a joke??? do people actually put this on their car? if that looks that bad over the computer, i can't even comprehend how it looks in real life! :vomit:

Mach0ne351: i'm really sorry about your car. like you said though, at least you get to use insurance how it was supposed to. good luck!

if you care how your racecar looks over how it performs you shoud stop racing....but i do agree with you...damn thats ugly

Why not stick with the 99/01 front mach????

Mach0ne351

Established Member
i was thinking about sticking with the 99/01 look, BUT it seems that no one has the 03 with the lip. so this will be opportunity to stand out from the pack...again. lol the ReBIRTH so to speak :) haha

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Damn that makes me wince. My damned car keeps getting hit.

Its gotta be cuz its black. All these racist people.....j/k

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Damn that makes me wince. My damned car keeps getting hit.

Its gotta be cuz its black. All these racist people.....j/k
As a black man ( driving a dark blue car ) I actually found that VERY funny!!! :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Marek,
Is that Steeda 03/04 front splitter actually a partial bumper cover? Im asking because I see the line through the middle of the bumper thats not normally there on our cars. It still looks badass and all this talk has me looking at finishing my street/OT car the way I had originally planned to.

The splitter that got mashed up was a FRPP part wasnt it? Im looking at getting the Steeda peice for my car, I dont daily drive it so Im thinking I could manage with it on the car all the time. Thanks Anthony

Mach0ne351

Established Member
yes, the 99/01 airdam was the FRPP. excellent piece, love it, but FRPP upped the price of it to $525/ea. the steeda unit is only $370. the steeda unit is a airdam that is glued on, and it can be bolted/zused on as well. once i get it all painted and whatnot, i will be fabricating it so that it will be bolted together, but in a clean way like i did the previous version.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Looks good Mach! You did a nice job on that! haha. My car slammed over a raised slate in the road and hit my bolt for my K-member brace. Didn't hurt it but have concrete dust all over the head.
I can't wait to see your car when it's done! I've admired your car and achievements since I joined.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
yea i bought a cobra r front bumper from cervinis a few weeks ago and when I put it on to see how it looked, i realized i couldnt make it up my driveway. So I returned it. The cobra r's give almost no clearance. Especially when your car is lowered.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I've been considering the steeda splitter for my car but I don't think it would last long. This was a pic from the last autocross I ran in. I don't have lowering springs and the the front end was pretty low in the the banked turns.
246905561_692229d8ab.jpg

Mach0ne351

Established Member
well the reason why ur car dips low in the turns because of the soft STOCK spring rate. stock springs arent stiff enough for racing. get urself some coilovers, and youll see the difference :)

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
well the reason why ur car dips low in the turns because of the soft STOCK spring rate. stock springs arent stiff enough for racing. get urself some coilovers, and youll see the difference :)

true it wont dip like that at all if you have some nice h&r race springs or such, theyre much stiffer than stock, event hough theyre lower it wont dip as much as it does in that pic.

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
I remember seeing your car in MM&FF. Looked so damn awesome. I personally love the 99/01 front bumper more so than the 03 bumper, but it will look sweet either way:)

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
00Rlip_own3d.jpg

Mach0ne351 said:
parts, paint. PLUS labor for the custom fabrication, etc.

Can't forget the cost of and application charge of those stickers either :-D

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Always thought the Cobra R front splitter was cool...especially liked your ride Mach. I've been thinking about doing one, but I keep hearing they are too low for the street, so I've been looking at alternatives. Seems every other 'Stang front fascia style is too pimp or too low. I went back to the Cobra R and photoshopped out the lower lip, figuring that might a unique alternative and make it more compatible with the street...at least getting up driveways. Wondering what you guys thought? I know it changes the visual effect of the actual Cobra R splitter, but you kind of end up with a racey looking air dam. Personally, I don't like the actual '03 bumper and don't want one on my '01 (it's not a Terminator), so I'm always looking for options. What do you think Mach? Based on your experience would this work on the Cobra R splitter?

laserredcobrar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread