Look at what my front end is gonna look like now :) NEW NEW NEW

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
laserredcobrar.jpg

That is what I am looking for. Not a big fan of how low it hangs originaly. Living in Boston It wouldn't last long. It would be a snow plow in the winter as well. However that chop is perfect.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
TTT Is it done yet? If so let's see some pics!!!

almost!

Bizarro said:
00Rlip_own3d.jpg

Can't forget the cost of and application charge of those stickers either :-D

actually, they did add some $$ for the cost of the decals :) hehehe! :beer:

CobraRed01 said:
Always thought the Cobra R front splitter was cool...especially liked your ride Mach. I've been thinking about doing one, but I keep hearing they are too low for the street, so I've been looking at alternatives. Seems every other 'Stang front fascia style is too pimp or too low. I went back to the Cobra R and photoshopped out the lower lip, figuring that might a unique alternative and make it more compatible with the street...at least getting up driveways. Wondering what you guys thought? I know it changes the visual effect of the actual Cobra R splitter, but you kind of end up with a racey looking air dam. Personally, I don't like the actual '03 bumper and don't want one on my '01 (it's not a Terminator), so I'm always looking for options. What do you think Mach? Based on your experience would this work on the Cobra R splitter?

laserredcobrar.jpg

wow! that is very original! i actually like it. makes it more of a "complete" front bumper. hmmm, that is definitely something to look into for everyone.

marek

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
dude that photoshop is sick as hell
i would actually be really interested if someone could make that
i think that would be perfect for a street driven car and probly still provides some aero advantage, although probly not nearly as much as the original r splitter
very hot tho

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Spider-Man76 said:
I've been considering the steeda splitter for my car but I don't think it would last long. This was a pic from the last autocross I ran in. I don't have lowering springs and the the front end was pretty low in the the banked turns.
246905561_692229d8ab.jpg

I'll bet you take a lot of static for having the 00R wing, don't you? I've always really liked that look and I'm going to get it eventually!

Follow these guys advice and get yourself some H&R Race springs and that will stiffen up the ride so you won't have as much front end dive. If you're still worried about clearance perhaps you can consider the MM urothane spring isolators and that will probably raise your ride height slightly w/o looking goofy.

grant007

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
almost!

actually, they did add some $$ for the cost of the decals :) hehehe! :beer:

wow! that is very original! i actually like it. makes it more of a "complete" front bumper. hmmm, that is definitely something to look into for everyone.

marek

wow i like that too. i hope some one can do this... im tired of my cobra always frowning. lol.. thats what my nephews says it looks like :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread