Let's talk Bed Liners

Mackie

Established Member
Twice as thick... and they don't spray over the bed bolts.
i think it’s very rare to have to remove a pickup bed for service other than an accident at which point the bed is getting replaced anyways.
I‘m less comfortable with a ‘tech’ at line X removing correctly torqued factory bolts and then replacing them for no apparent real world value.
My 2011 F150 was Line X, 2018 F150 was factory. Go factory if ordering. Also recommend the rubber bed mat on top of spray in. The Ford bed mat is a perfect fit.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i think it’s very rare to have to remove a pickup bed for service other than an accident at which point the bed is getting replaced anyways.
I‘m less comfortable with a ‘tech’ at line X removing correctly torqued factory bolts and then replacing them for no apparent real world value.
My 2011 F150 was Line X, 2018 F150 was factory. Go factory if ordering. Also recommend the rubber bed mat on top of spray in. The Ford bed mat is a perfect fit.

You're crazy. lol

The number of fuel tank recalls we've done in the last year alone would push me to do one with the bed bolts removed.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Fading was never an issue as I always have a bed cover on my trucks, but I prefer the Line-X.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thanks guys. I am going with Line-X premiun. The guy said platinum was "complete overkill for most applications" Really appreciate the comments and advice

on a side note the ford dealer in Hutto sux. finally got a quote for the dealer bedliner and it was 699 and didnt even say what kind of spray they used.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks guys. I am going with Line-X premiun. The guy said platinum was "complete overkill for most applications" Really appreciate the comments and advice

on a side note the ford dealer in Hutto sux. finally got a quote for the dealer bedliner and it was 699 and didnt even say what kind of spray they used.

Seems steep. We charge $550 retail, our cost is about $460.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Seems steep. We charge $550 retail, our cost is about $460

Yeah and that is probably the basic level too. Line-X is charging me 700 for the premium. their price for the standard is 625.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
LineX does great work. I have the factory spray-in in my 2021 Ram and while nice, it is not thick enough IMO.

Buddy got LineX in his F250 shortly after I bought my truck and the LineX appears to be much more durable than the factory spray in.

Users who are viewing this thread