Lets see your supercharged 96-01 Cobras!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
My Mach with a D1 procharger - 8 rib setup, 3.5" non slip pulley, ~15psi, ported intake, comp cams extreme energy nitrous/blower cams (least aggressive of the 3 sets they have), full exhaust w/ cats. Old motor was 10:1 aluminator (4.6), made 625 on a short pull on 93 (14 degrees max timing) and full pull on E85 made 715 (18 or 19 degrees max, still conservative). Lost that one to an oiling failure, no numbers with the new 9.5:1 motor. On3 crossover delete cleaned things up nicely. We relocated the MAF to the engine bay and went slot style, enclosed big red race valve (****ing hate it).

Trans is a magnum T56 with RXT clutch and steel flywheel. It still has 4.10s in the rear, bitch rolls out!

47DA8D1B-3081-4265-8F77-190055953FD0_zpsj6dowyuy.jpg

FC198370-7227-47C3-8D9A-0C4EE8C83B00_zpsoa7xusbv.jpg

19935.slow

Established Member
This was my '98. Strim stock pulley, 8psi, factory manifolds, catted xpipe, 4.10 gears, 275/40 nittos. Pretty basic setup on pump 93. It made 460rwhp and my best pass with the nittos was 11.79 at 119. I made that pass in 1999. I had the strim on for about 4 years zero issues.... sold the car in 2002.

JBvobra3.jpg

Doesn't get any simpler and better than this.

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
This is a car I've been playing with for the past year.
Car has a built motor 9.5/1 comp (Not needing, but the car already had it when I bought it.)
Stock motors can easily hold 10psi.
Ported Intake
Full exhaust
4.10 gears
Front mount Cx racing intercooler. (car had a aftercooler on it when I bought it, Wasn't a fan after some datalogs)
Aluminum powerpipe.
Mildly built 03 cobra t-56 (not need as the stock t45 was holding the power beautifully)
The t-56 combined with the 4.10's make street cruise and road trips wonderful
Can't remember what pulley size is on it, but the car sees peak 10psi
I've street tuned the car myself, but I'd say it makes right around 460rwhp on 93. I have enough fuel system for e85 I feel also.
Car is door to door with pullied 03/04 cobras, with this car having better top end.

Btw the car still has stock 28 spline axles and has been doing just fine with the power. Granted I most just leave street tires on the car.

One of the only down sizes to putting this stuff on the car and doing the front mount intercooler. Is that having to cut into the car on the passenger fender well area to get the piping routed how I wanted to and to get the powerpipe in there. The powerpipe is worth a nice bit of power itself. Not a big deal, but its worth mentioning.

Car and everything on the car is for sale, as I am trying to downsize the herd of cars we have. :D

KIMG0169 by Steven Dale, on Flickr

KIMG0094 by Steven Dale, on Flickr

KIMG0054 by Steven Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Really nice looking Rio Red convertible. Love the front bumper choice. :rockon:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is why so many people like the SN95. Good looking Cobra! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
If I had your cobra and started off with a n/a base, I would go turbo. Thats just me. Iv owned my 03 cobra since 2003. The roots/twinscrews are nice, there fun, but, the bigger the blower, the hotter they get. They heat soak fast. I would do a centri or turbo. Just my opinion

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
As much as i want to stay skip the eaton swap(and go with a better blower), im for it. It really sucks having 600+ hp and spinning 1st and 2nd unless you on some 15" drag radials out back.

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
If I had your cobra and started off with a n/a base, I would go turbo. Thats just me. Iv owned my 03 cobra since 2003. The roots/twinscrews are nice, there fun, but, the bigger the blower, the hotter they get. They heat soak fast. I would do a centri or turbo. Just my opinion

I know where you're coming from. I'm not trying to make huge power. That's why the Heaton (see what i did there?) is the way to go I think. I just need a nice pulley set up to make 450whp and have a fun/quick car to drive that makes boost instantly.

As much as i want to stay skip the eaton swap(and go with a better blower), im for it. It really sucks having 600+ hp and spinning 1st and 2nd unless you on some 15" drag radials out back.

I agree and it also really sucks spending $3,500 for the blower alone lol. Maybe later on, but for now I need to get the car set up to accept a bigger blower.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I know where you're coming from. I'm not trying to make huge power. That's why the Heaton (see what i did there?) is the way to go I think. I just need a nice pulley set up to make 450whp and have a fun/quick car to drive that makes boost instantly.

You should be able to make 450 with the stock pulley. Mine's at 440 and when it was tuned he said he could get me 450 easy. I decided to play it safer.

My mine reason for the Eaton was reliability. They're factory parts so you know they'll fit and should have better long term reliability.

matt87

Established Member
my old car, it was an 01 cobra, stock engine, D1 procharger, 4:30 gears. it was making i think around 460 rwhp. person i sold it to blew it up, it only had 36k miles. stock rods suck in those engines.
Picture081.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Last edited:

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
I love my Eaton swap. It has plenty of instant power to be a blast on the street, plus that sound the blower makes is great. I thought about a Procharger, I just felt the constant noise would get annoying when Im just trying to cruise around.

20160703_123500_zpsduoac8da.gif

Times are in my sig btw.

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
You should be able to make 450 with the stock pulley. Mine's at 440 and when it was tuned he said he could get me 450 easy. I decided to play it safer.

My mine reason for the Eaton was reliability. They're factory parts so you know they'll fit and should have better long term reliability.

Good to know and I totally agree.

Sick.

my old car, it was an 01 cobra, stock engine, D1 procharger, 4:30 gears. it was making i think around 460 rwhp. person i sold it to blew it up, it only had 36k miles. stock rods suck in those engines.
Picture081.jpg

Picture111.jpg

That is really unfortunate. Looked like a really nice car and set up.

I love my Eaton swap. It has plenty of instant power to be a blast on the street, plus that sound the blower makes is great. I thought about a Procharger, I just felt the constant noise would get annoying when Im just trying to cruise around.

20160703_123500_zpsduoac8da.gif

Times are in my sig btw.

11's are what I'm shooting for. I agree on the constant noise. I wanted to do an F1 which would have been insanely loud and overkill for my power output until I built the motor... I think an Eaton swap is the right decision.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
11's are what I'm shooting for. I agree on the constant noise. I wanted to do an F1 which would have been insanely loud and overkill for my power output until I built the motor... I think an Eaton swap is the right decision.[/QUOTE]

definitely go for it. 11's would be easy, especially with some gear and bigs n littles. My time was with a solid axle, stock 3650 trans and 3.73's on 17" street wheels with et street 2's on it.

Users who are viewing this thread