Lets see your supercharged 96-01 Cobras!

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
So I'm a little tired of running 13's lol (see video for reference):
[video=youtube;Ohktw5FPqsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohktw5FPqsA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'm thinking about putting a blower on my 99 Cobra next year. Not sure if I want to do an Eaton swap, Procharger, or something similar.

Finding an eaton kit with all of the parts is going to be a pain unless someone is still making the kit and I'm unaware of it..

I want to see a pic of your car and the under hood set up. Also post some information on motor specs, trans, and hp numbers.

Thanks!

And GO!

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have an eaton on my 01. Stock I went 13.3 @ 105 back in the summer of 02. Last time at Byron I ran 12.0 @ 117 sitting on the limiter in 4th. Stupid 4.30 gears. Car makes 440rwhp. Stock pulley with k&n, x pipe, cat back and tune.

Some crappy cell pics.
IMG_1088.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG

Kiohtee

Established Member
I can see you don't take the cheap way out and that you appreciate quality parts, so I'm not sure how my suggestion will sit with you, but have you considered an On3 turbo kit? Or even something more engineered for your application, such as Hellion.

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
I can see you don't take the cheap way out and that you appreciate quality parts, so I'm not sure how my suggestion will sit with you, but have you considered an On3 turbo kit? Or even something more engineered for your application, such as Hellion.

lol nope. I have thought about it but the problem I have is that i spent $1,200 on headers. Having to change that is a no go for me. Plus I love the way the car sounds as is.

Are machs allowed in here? Just did a procharger on my buddies

Yes Mach's are allowed! lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
lol nope. I have thought about it but the problem I have is that i spent $1,200 on headers. Having to change that is a no go for me. Plus I love the way the car sounds as is.

Yeah, I no more than a month ago had my Kooks LTs and Kooks O/R X installed, only to have to remove it this weekend for the twins. Double ouch.

zeus201

Established Member
Quick run down of my old 99 Cobra with Eaton swap:

Forged / stroked Teksid, unported Eaton, CAI, 03/04 MAF w/diablo, 39lb injectors, Billetflow 3.4 upper, Metco 8lb lower.
03/04 Cobra tank, hat and dual pumps, single modified FPDM.
Bassani mids, Bassani O/R X and Borla Stingers.
Stock T-45, Spec 3 Clutch, MGW Shifter.
31 Spline diff setup, FTBR bushings.

Got the car back in 2008 with the previous doing the swap and engine work. It was originally running the stock upper and 8lb lower (odd combo) for years but then added the 3.4 upper when I had Kurgan tune it in 2013. It made around 480rwhp and 530rwtq following the Kurgan tune which was plenty of fun on the streets. Before that, it made around the same power but the Kurgan tune felt better outside of WOT. Ater that I ditched the stock 28 spline setup and went with 31 spline setup. I will say that the stock T-45 handled the power and abuse throughout the years. However, I ended up selling it earlier this year as the passenger side had low compression and someone I knew was looking for project car.

For reference, here is how the AFCO heat exchanger looked with the stock front bumper. I imagine it could have been "tucked" up higher, but I never really thought about messing with it. I will have dig through my some old pictures and try and find a picture of the engine bay as most of the "engine stuff" was powdercoated black.

DSC03367.jpg

Dyno vid w/Kurgan tuning day:

https://youtu.be/b7CQ89tUx64

Sort of makes me want another 99 Rio Red vert...

Last edited:

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member

Forged / stroked Teksid, unported Eaton, CAI, 03/04 MAF w/diablo, 39lb injectors, Billetflow 3.4 upper, Metco 8lb lower.

Got the car back in 2008 with the previous doing the swap and engine work. It was originally running the stock upper and 8lb lower (odd combo) for years but then added the 3.4 upper when I had Kurgan tune it in 2013. It made around 480rwhp and 530rwtq following the Kurgan tune which was plenty of fun on the streets. Before that, it made around the same power but the Kurgan tune felt better outside of WOT. Ater that I ditched the stock 28 spline setup and went with 31 spline setup. I will say that the stock T-45 handled the power and abuse throughout the years. However, I ended up selling it earlier this year as the passenger side had low compression and someone I knew was looking for project car.

For reference, here is how the AFCO heat exchanger looked with the stock front bumper. I imagine it could have been "tucked" up higher, but I never really thought about messing with it. I will have dig through my some old pictures and try and find a picture of the engine bay as most of the "engine stuff" was powdercoated black.

DSC03367.jpg

Ugh that thing is pure sex. 99-01 bumpers are so good looking and the rio certainly doesn't hurt lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member

DSC03367.jpg

Nice! Just watched some of your youtube videos. Awesome car.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
It's funny, cause I think the 03/04 bumpers look better. But wouldn't trade my 01 for one because that's the right one for the car.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
See sig for mods. Practically a pullied 03/04 Cobra with a T-56 etc, oh and Eibach 99/01 Springs. Body has 90k miles or so, engine & transmission have about 25-30k miles.

Screenshot_20161021_085055.jpg

Screenshot_20161021_085154.jpg

Screenshot_20161021_085519.jpg

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Yeap, no mods were needed, the only mod I did myself was cut the fiber glass and opened up the holes bigger where the strip is on the hood to get some hot air out, its not much but its something. I raised the hood closure things a bit but that was due to the 03/04 Cobra bumper hitting.

I liked my 99/01 bumper but love the 03/04. Also, not sure if anyone has experienced it like I have but I feel like changing the bumper made a difference on the heat exchanger. Dont recall what the drop was on the IAT’s after the bumper but there was a drop nonetheless according the torque app. I also noticed it while driving, it felt like it didint heat soak as quickly. This was during summer when Cali temps were in the mid-high 90’s.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
This was my '98. Strim stock pulley, 8psi, factory manifolds, catted xpipe, 4.10 gears, 275/40 nittos. Pretty basic setup on pump 93. It made 460rwhp and my best pass with the nittos was 11.79 at 119. I made that pass in 1999. I had the strim on for about 4 years zero issues.... sold the car in 2002.

JBvobra3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread