Lessons Learned

bigslim

Established Member
bigdogjim said:
I think that only the people who have delt with the vendor in question should comment about the said vendor. Other are fanning the flames!
It's members who "jump" on a "bandwagon" not knowing the facts that cause the issues.

Now that being said have you personally dealt with the vendor in question?

Next?
I too called when I got ready to do mods for my first Marauder. I too left three messeges and never got a call back. I then discussed this on MM.net and the vendor in question sent me a nasty e-mail telling me how wrong I was and called me a "cry-baby". I sent him my number and he called me back. He then asked me to delete my post about his customer service. Seems to me he was more concerned about others seeing how I was treated instead of taking care of me. I still wonder if he would have called if I hadn't posted about his lack of customer service.

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
So how that's?

bigslim said:
It is true. He takes of his buddies...... :rolleyes:

OK! Why am I a "buddy" and your not?

Truth is I am not a "buddy" but a customer:)

At least this vendor vehicle did not break when I got in it :poke:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
bigdogjim said:

You mean the SUPERCHARGED one? Oh yeah, that's right...your vendor doesn't even OWN one. :poke:

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Because?

bigslim said:
I too called when I got ready to do mods for my first Marauder. I too left three messeges and never got a call back. I then discussed this on MM.net and the vendor in question sent me a nasty e-mail telling me how wrong I was and called me a "cry-baby". I sent him my number and he called me back. He then asked me to delete my post about his customer service. Seems to me he was more concerned about others seeing how I was treated instead of taking care of me. I still wonder if he would have called if I hadn't posted about his lack of customer service.

This vendor has a big shop, very nicely equipped in a town that is not full of potholes, and sells more then one part for Marauders, must be doing something right?

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
bigdogjim said:
This vendor has a big shop, very nicely equipped in a town that is not full of potholes, and sells more then one part for Marauders, must be doing something right?

There's a vendor who only sells one part for our cars?

DJP

Established Member
SergntMac said:
Go get a fresh beer, this is a long read...

Note...I have been told that all issues have been resolved byyour victim. And, he has told me of his 4000 dollar refund, 1050 dollars of which are in his pocket as I type this now.

Welcome aboard, Sarge. I Hope you continue to post here, opposing viewpoints only help to enlighten things.

I will just "un-refrain" myself for a second and say that I guess the bottom line is, regardless of who the author of the opening post is, a refund was made. This in itself appears to add to the legitamacy of the content posted, and does not cause me to reflect on whose been victimized, but rather just reinforces my opinion.

Of course, this is all based on hearsay, and I suppose the only ones that really know what's going on are the 2 parties involved.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
bigdogjim said:

My my Jim, its funny you should mention another vendor. I dont recall a single complaint about "our" vendor, or a "Truth about..." website dedicated to him! Talk about blinded by the bullsh*t!

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
bigdogjim said:
I think that only the people who have delt with the vendor in question should comment about the said vendor. Other are fanning the flames!
It's members who "jump" on a "bandwagon" not knowing the facts that cause the issues.
Now that being said have you personally dealt with the vendor in question?

Next?

Well...I have dealt with the "vendor" in question a couple of years ago and gave up in fustration, then got the cold shoulder at MVI by this "vendor" after he found out I had "the other supercharger" on my Marauder.

Uhmmmm...those are not just members jumping on the bandwagon, they are unhappy customers, or victims?, some of which may be too embarassed to openly speak about their bad experience.

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Oh well?

MI2QWK4U said:
Well...I have dealt with the "vendor" in question a couple of years ago and gave up in fustration, then got the cold shoulder at MVI by this "vendor" after he found out I had "the other supercharger" on my Marauder.

Uhmmmm...those are not just members jumping on the bandwagon, they are unhappy customers, or victims?, some of which may be too embarassed to openly speak about their bad experience.

Victims of what? Bad customer sevvice?

I just got my parts one PM is all it took?

Free market system lets you go else where!

bigslim

Established Member
bigdogjim said:
Maybe he should be a city full of potholes and sell only a few products. Maybe then people would not be so upset with his customer service. By the way, I am sure that you took advantage of everything including the private Porta-Johns at the Dream Cruise supplied by that vendor you have mentioned.

bigslim

Established Member
bigdogjim said:

you broke the part when you got in it. It wasn't even a part that installed by that vendor but one installed by Ford at the factory. Get the facts straight. Kind of hard for something not to break when 600 pounds of body goes bouncing in it.

bigslim

Established Member
bigdogjim said:
Victims of what? Bad customer sevvice?

I just got my parts one PM is all it took?

Free market system lets you go else where!
Maybe you got better service because this vendor finally relalized that he better do right by his customers or his business will be gone. You should be thanking everyone else that got bad service over the years. They made it possible for you to get such good service.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
bigslim said:
you broke the part when you got in it. It wasn't even a part that installed by that vendor but one installed by Ford at the factory. Get the facts straight. Kind of hard for something not to break when 600 pounds of body goes bouncing in it.

Obviously that vendor should be more selective in he grants test drives to.

katrinA

The Truth for Some Changes like the weather.

01-04-2005, 03:47 PM
NAVCHAP
Member #: 1773

Re: Reinhart S/C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am totally happy with the Vortech, I like the way it continues to climb through the rpm band, no problems to speak of, all my plumbing is very well done and I would definitely give my mods a 10+. -kjs-

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Considering Reinhart S/C. Know you have #1.

Any reliability/driveability probs? Any maintenance issues like clamps/hoses?

Scale of 1-10, 10 being highest how would you rate?

MENACE

Banned
bigdogjim said:
Thank you for the PM.

Now I understand the part about the edit.

Let me go on record as saying that this is the first time I have really got involved with a vendor for the marauder. :sleeping:

You had a bad experience OK. More than once? Once is enough for some people like myself! You’re an unhappy customer. I do not work for the vendor and I am not in charge of customer service. As "friend" of your's I am very sorry that you received poor service. Move on find what you need some place else. Not much you can do once your "burned"
Sure there is, we can come here and warn others!
Now tell me of another vendor for marauder parts that can match what this vendor sells in range of products? Tell me of another vendor who gets as many complaints!

I am very happy with the service I received from this vendor.
For every one person that is happy, there are two that are not!

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
How so?

bigslim said:
Maybe you got better service because this vendor finally relalized that he better do right by his customers or his business will be gone. You should be thanking everyone else that got bad service over the years. They made it possible for you to get such good service.

Well then if the vendor is giving "good service" or "such good service" as you state above then why do you continue to bash the vendor? :whine:

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Huh?

bigslim said:
Kind of hard for something not to break when 600 pounds of body goes bouncing in it.

That was a joke! Shame it has to pointed out to you :cryying:

And I don't have a 600 lb body. I was sitting in the truck not bouncing when it happened and I still think it was funny :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread