Lean Protection Module!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Can yet set the relay for open or closed? Does the relay throw is you lose power to the unit? Sounds like a great idea!

I'm using a dual pole relay so it can be wired either normally open or closed and when safety activates it can either break a circuit or make a circuit depending on what the end user wants to interrupt or activate.

So far based on the feed back I'd say the majority of people seem to find the same value in the device as I did. This gives me some motivation to build a more friendly version of the unit with some sort of interface for end users to make adjustments. I'll see what I can come up with :)

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Now you just need to tie in the V1 and the ABS and you will really have something ;-)

Great idea, lean seems to be a big killer of boosted motors, congrats.

Hope you maker a ton of $ and save a lot of great motors.

-Brian

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Im in for a finished product. If your interested in more feed back to get ppl interested I can also and willingly agree to try one in my car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I might be interested in one. So this works in conjuction with a wideband? But what's the main reason for this if I already have a wideband? So I don't have to watch the gauge while going wot? Currently I watch my fpdc and wb to determine if I'm having a fuel related problem. Just looking for more info.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I might be interested in one. So this works in conjuction with a wideband? But what's the main reason for this if I already have a wideband? So I don't have to watch the gauge while going wot? Currently I watch my fpdc and wb to determine if I'm having a fuel related problem. Just looking for more info.

Yes to monitor the wideband at WOT. You couldn't possibly monitor it constantly or you'd wreck your car not watching the road and because the module can react within millionths of a second, no person could do that.

So it's advantages are two fold. Even if you were on a dyno watching the gauge like a hawk you couldn't possibly react the way an electronic device monitoring literally hundreds of thousands of times per second can. It's also instantaneously turning off the injectors. Your reaction time and response would be measured in many seconds not fractions of a second.

Secondly you couldn't possibly watch the gauge constantly as mentioned above. I've certainly gone this route myself in multiple cars even with the gauge right on the pillar in your vision path there's always weaving cars, concentrating on shift points etc. I can't tell you how many times in figuring this out it's been that split second when glancing at tach that the module has activated and I didn't even see it coming.

Tractionless1

Established Member

black 10th vert

Established Member
This is a fantastic idea, Malcolm! When/if I ever get my wideband issues sorted out, I will definitely look into adding one of these!

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I Believe the same can be done with my Aeroforce Gauge. You can select any 2 parameters and when a threshold is reached it will activate a optional output relay module. Also a combination of parameters can be used with a "And" or "OR" Statement.

akeohan

Established Member
That's a great idea, I'm down for one when you have an idea on price and availability.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Very nice idea..where do you mount this at on your honda? Something I'm very interested in..while I have an A/F gauge, it's not the easiest thing to look at when I'm trying to drive and pay attention to the road while in boost lol

Users who are viewing this thread