**Killer Chiller Group Buy**

J.Kincaid

Established Member
03-04 Cobra KC gen-3, and gen-3 drag kit GB

It's that time of the year again for a killer deal on a Killer Chiller kit, and I've had a lot of members ask me when we'll do another group buy sale, so here it is...We're going to offer the standard gen 3 kit for $550.00, and the drag kit for $850.00 ( the standard kit sells for $699.00 and the drag kit sells for $1000.00) with Free shipping valid in the lower 48 states. If you live outside of the lower 48 states, then shipping will be through USPS and calculated accordingly.

The new KC core assy can be mounted up-right, or upside down in the foam support. We also redesigned the orifice tube holder for a straight vapor shot just before the 90* input fitting. This system will drop your IC fluid temps to about 40 degrees post IC reservoir, and the drag kit will get down to freezing, and prevent dripping at the track.

The drag kit gets an upgrade this year with a more efficient 12V valve. The valve is motorized and will only draw current during the open and close cycle...These kits were designed for the do it yourselfer, and are completely plug and play, making it one of our easiest kits to install. We will need 10 members or more to make this GB happen.

This GB will end 10/14/15

Thanks,
Joe

Here's the list so far:

1) bubblehead93 - drg kit
2) xX03COBRAXx
3) KingKo8y
4) Cajun Cobra
5) Posi - drg kit
6) SVT10TH#1721
7) Outonyou - drg kit
8) jlyle80

standard gen-3

drag kit

Here is the KC diagram:

Here are some of the proven benefits:

1) takes advantage of your A/C to provide you with ice cold intercooler fluid.

2) prevents power fade and timing retard due to heat soak.

3) Allows you to run more boost and timing on pump gas.

4) Slightly increases supercharger efficiency.

Please e-mail me your shipping info, (screen name) and contact number. Note: I cannot put you on the list till I receive your info, so please e-mail me if you would like one of these kits.

Here's our e-mail > [email protected]

Link to Cobra KC installation > http://killerchiller.com/p/installation-insturctions

[youtube_browser]jl56Q51XSZA[/youtube_browser]

Video of reservoir temps. (Old gen-2 kit.)
[youtube_browser]BR7kYFf_MaU[/youtube_browser]

This video illustrates down stream temps with the KC on/KC off. - Note: The quality is not the greatest but it makes the point. In the video you'll see down stream temps with the KC turned on, and then turned off while cruising. Average IAT-2 temps were reduced by 60 degrees using the KC system.

[youtube_browser]_etTIzWR-bs[/youtube_browser]

For those of you getting in on this deal, consider using Industrial 12a for the refrigerant recharge. Here's the info on ENVIRO-SAFE ES-12A > How efficient is ENVIRO-SAFE

If you decide to order, get the Industrial 12a, It's better than the regular ES-12a, and should be charged under a full vacuum. I worked out a deal with the owner for free shipping on the 6 packs. Make note in the comment section "please give me the free shipping under the Kincaid Performance discount".

Go to the link below and scroll down to where it says "introducing our newer Industrial 12a in a can"
Enviro-Safe Refrigerants

Obviously this is not a Cobra, but you can see the excellent job he did insulating the IC lines and tank...you don't have to do this, but it will increase the overall efficiency. You can get this insulation at any hardware store for about 2-3 bucks a stick.

[youtube_browser]askw21vvovw[/youtube_browser]

**HOW TO RECHARGE YOUR A/C SYSTEM**

After you install the kit you will need to pull a full vacuum. If you have an air compressor you can pick up a vacuum pump at Harbor freight for 15 bucks. You can also pick up the manifold gauge set for 50 bucks. Here's what you do.

Connect the red hose to the high side port and the blue hose to the low side port (open both valves on the manifold gauge set). Connect the yellow hose to the vacuum pump, and start your air compressor. Once you've pulled down a full vacuum close both valves (red & blue).

You'll then screw on a 2 ounce can of pag oil to the yellow hose. (Open the blue valve only!) After it pulls in all of the oil, close the blue valve and screw on a can of refrigerant. (Open the blue valve only!) and let it pull in the full can of refrigerant. Once it's empty close the blue valve.

Start the engine and turn on the A/C. Screw in the second can of refrigerant and open the blue valve. let it pull in all of the refrigerant. Once the second can is empty close the blue valve. Keep adding refrigerant to you see 2.5-2.8 X ambient air temp on the high side gauge. So if it's 90 degrees out, multiply it by 2.5 = 225 psi on the high side.

You can pick up a 2 ounce can of pag oil at any automotive parts store.

Here's the info on the vacuum pump.
Vacuum Pump with R134A and R12 Connectors

Here's the info on the manifold gauge set.
A/C Manifold Gauge Set

Thanks!
Joe

Last edited:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Alright now what happen to everyone bugging me to run a sale??!

Anyway for those that are interested I've started carrying a 12V 3 way bypass valve. These come with the limit cycle switches and only draw current during the bypass cycle. I'll have these available as a kit. which will include the fittings, the extra hose, switch, and wiring. Of course they'll come with instructions too.

Whether you're running the KC, or just icing your reservoir this would be ideal!

xX03COBRAXx

Established Member
Im interested in purchasing the gen 3 kit but ill have to wait till next week to place the order.Can I later convert the gen 3 into the drag kit if i purchase it?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Im interested in purchasing the gen 3 kit but ill have to wait till next week to place the order.Can I later convert the gen 3 into the drag kit if i purchase it?

Not a problem...we have to get around 10 people to do this deal anyway.

To answer your question about the drag setup, yes you can always upgrade the standard kit to the drag setup when you're ready.

mkb116

Established Member
I've been wanting one of these so bad! Unfortunately I just dropped a stupid amount of money on my cobra and need to recoupe.

cajun cobra

Established Member
How much for the valve kit? Im assuming that this can be incorporated into the standard gen 3 kit to bypass the intercooler radiator.

b_dike

Established Member
Man I've been saving for a return fuel system... I might have to purchase this instead if this group bye comes together. I've wanted a kc for a long time, so hopefully there's enough interest.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
How much for the valve kit? Im assuming that this can be incorporated into the standard gen 3 kit to bypass the intercooler radiator.

I've got a couple of different options. Give me a call and I'll go over them for you. 505-275-2665

Thanks,
Joe

I'm in for a drag kit, I'll have to go the USPS route to an FPO AP, stationed in Guam...

r/
Andy

Thanks, I'll add you to to the list! We ship USPS priority. It'll get there in about a week, and It's the cheapest of all the carriers. Of course if you want us to ship it through UPS we will.

Thanks,
Joe

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Can you add me to the list for a gen 3 killer chiller?

Will do, and please email us your shipping info and screen name. Then call us with your CC. We won't run your CC until we are ready to ship your kit.

Thanks!
Joe

I'm interested in buying the standard gen 3 kit

Will do and don't forget to email us your info.

thanks!
Joe

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'll let you know in the next few days on a drag kit for my car. Looks like I'm doing it though.

J.Kincaid

Established Member

stangfreak

Established Member
joe, sorry for the dumb question. what does the bypass valve do? whats the benefit? Im going to install a 3.4 whipple crusher setup and those blowers get hot. so these kits will be perfect. I need to get some money together but If I do the gp I want the best kit you have.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
joe, sorry for the dumb question. what does the bypass valve do? whats the benefit? Im going to install a 3.4 whipple crusher setup and those blowers get hot. so these kits will be perfect. I need to get some money together but If I do the gp I want the best kit you have.

Well it's not necessary, but some guys like to bypass their heat exchangers because it'll lower the fluid temps by about another 10 degrees. When you're running the KC the fluid coming out of the intercooler flowing into the HE is much lower than ambient temps, and so the HE is trying to raise the temp of the fluid to whatever the ambient temp is. Some guys have seen temps below freezing with bypassing the HE.

Users who are viewing this thread