Kenny Polk Texas Mile Supercharged Record 232.4 MPH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemedici

Established Member
TO clarify....Ken Christly of Kenne Bell Superchargers spent and continues to spend hours, days and years calibrating our kits which includes our throttle body. Now we all know that "custom tuners" suck out or steal the tune. We at Kenne Bell know this happens. The throttle body settings for the 168 are in a spot in the software that most cant get to. Ken and small group of people are the only ones who have access to it thanks to Ken. Trust me, I have the tooners customers on the phone when they start blaming the throttle body. I have to convince the customer to get the car out the shop....that included Murrillo and countless others. We get countless requests from "tooners" that just need the base file. Our reply has been if you are tuner than tune the car.

So to clear it up..... the original file came from Ken Christley of Kenne Bell Supercharges. So if the car has a 168 throttle body the "base" file really is Kens.

Excellent post. :beer:

FORDMAN GT500

Established Member
LOL no kidding, Sorry I asked who tuned the car.

Im not sorry I gave you the 100% correct answer... but hey I dont sell parts so im just a nut swinger that is a lower form of life on this fourm that dont know anyone or anything

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not sorry I gave you the 100% correct answer

I truly could care less who tunes anyone's car. I personally think Lund is the best tuner for GT500s which is why he tunes my car, but I don't go around saying you're stupid for not using him. But beyond that it really doesn't matter. I wasn't trying to fire everyone up on who tuned Kenny Polk's car.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Im not sorry I gave you the 100% correct answer... but hey I dont sell parts so im just a nut swinger that is a lower form of life on this fourm that dont know anyone or anything

You know enough to take thinly veiled shots. Leave the innuendo at the door.

Last edited:

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
No firing up at all bud...it's all good...it was a huge team effort of many people to get the car where it is, and Lund was part of the progresion. All I know is it's a lot of fun...and that's what is important to me and the guys...have a good one...

FORDMAN GT500

Established Member
You know enough to take thinly veiled shots. Leave the innuendo at the door.

Im not the one referring to members as "nutswingers" or trying to discredit anyone .Im being a good boy considering I was attacked for no reason :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If you'd like to discuss tech then this is the appropriate forum. If you'd like to air your laundry then pay a visit to smackdown. If a vacation is what you seek then prod away.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
TO clarify....Ken Christly of Kenne Bell Superchargers spent and continues to spend hours, days and years calibrating our kits which includes our throttle body. Now we all know that "custom tuners" suck out or steal the tune. We at Kenne Bell know this happens. The throttle body settings for the 168 are in a spot in the software that most cant get to. Ken and small group of people are the only ones who have access to it thanks to Ken. Trust me, I have the tooners customers on the phone when they start blaming the throttle body. I have to convince the customer to get the car out the shop....that included Murrillo and countless others. We get countless requests from "tooners" that just need the base file. Our reply has been if you are tuner than tune the car.

So to clear it up..... the original file came from Ken Christley of Kenne Bell Supercharges. So if the car has a 168 throttle body the "base" file really is Kens.

So....what you're saying is that John Lund starts off with Kens baseline tune...that's interesting to know...

Van@RevanRacing

As I indicated during our phone call yesterday Eric, Lund and Kenne Bell share information with one another.

What's the purpose of your post? This was covered between the two of us. Good form.

Regardless of what everybody wants to opine about the KB 168MM TB calibration you can't just tune it or make a calibration. As was discussed with Eric. Yet everybody wants to opine that they know more than anybody else. Kenne Bell has already posted in this thread and it fell off deaf ears. Apparently so does tech if it differs from reality.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
I'm done with it either way....there's been enough said on here...

Dusten

Established Member
Help a newb out. so what I am reading is the code to control the KB TB is only available through KB, and no other tuner in the world could possibly replicate it on their own without stealing it?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Did you not see this?

KB said:
We get countless requests from "tooners" that just need the base file. Our reply has been if you are tuner than tune the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread