Kenny Polk Texas Mile Supercharged Record 232.4 MPH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Eric Lang tuned the car with a fresh tune at the mile using Core tuning . Lund tunes are encrypted so how was a base used? Hp tuners was not used. I know a little more about this than you think buddy .

Booyah lol

Van@RevanRacing

Eric Lang tuned the car with a fresh tune at the mile using Core tuning . Lund tunes are encrypted so how was a base used? Hp tuners was not used. I know a little more about this than you think buddy .

And where exactly did he get the Kenne Bell Oval 168MM Throttle Calibration? Because that is an encrypted calibration that only Kenne Bell and Lund Racing have access to.

Bad Company

Established Member
That has been hacked for so long now that Mike Murrillo from Street Outlaw fame has tuned a Kenne Bell TB

rdsnk46

Established Member
The 2013-2014 GT500 Section is filled with so much love........

Van@RevanRacing

And people continually ask why Kenne Bell has so many different versions of the oval 168 TB. We are up to version nine now and since I know Kenny Polk and his car not all calibrations are the same or work on every TB regardless of what we might read on the Internet. Because if we saw it there it must be true.

Which leads me to what I said earlier.

Only Lund and Kenne Bell have the original calibration.

Kenne Bell doesn't tune the Oval TB for 13-14 GT500's.

Lund was the first to do it so if you have an oval TB from KB on your KB supercharger you've got a base tune from Lund Racing. Hacked from Lund Racing.

Thanks for helping to clarify that it was hacked.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

The other tidbit we should all find gleefully amusing are the Nutswingers in this thread talking trash to me about the tune or who tuned it. Well, I think we have a foundation now of where the base file came from. Lund Racing.

Let us not forget that the fastest supercharged engine at the Texas Mile was built by L&M Engines. Kenny drove it to dinner last night. He's probably out with it right now.

Now let's let the thread get back on track and congratulate and celebrate Kenny Polk's achievement.

Thanks in advance.

VC

Bad Company

Established Member
First off you took my comment the wrong way

Competition creates ingenuity. It drives people to do anything to conquer the opponents in the class they are competing in.

An example of this is the photos below.

This engine was built with a fuel system off of a Cummins QSK19 engine. Yet the engine is a Caterpillar engine.

IMG_1235.gif

IMG_1236.gif

IMG_1237.gif

IMG_1238.gif

The Cummins QSK19 common rail fuel system on that engine costs over $50,000.00 to be installed and adapted to that Caterpillar engine. The engine is a hybrid of two different Caterpillar engine with custom cylinder liners and billet rods to make the combination work. The long block of that engine is another $65,000 to build.

This engine in only in one truck in the world. It was built out of shear determination by its owner to beat the competition.

Here is a short video of what the Caterpillar engine looks like in stock form for you to understand the magnitude of work involved in applying the Cummins fuel system to a Caterpillar engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-PD83hKhZo

Now who is the competition that this gentleman spent this amount of money and effort to adapt a Cummins fuel system on a Cat engine? The competition is the best Caterpillar engine tuner I know in the world. the Cat tuner wasn't the best tuner for the longest time. But again shear determination on his part lead him to be where he is today. He didn't copy anybody else's files. He spent roughly $150,000 of his own money to self-teach himself how to be where he is today.

Competition drives everybody to beat the next guy.

Competition drove you at this years Texas Mile Event. Your team installed a wastegate controller in place of the bypass valve with a stand alone computer to control it at this years event. Did it not? Did you copy this idea from Shawn Fischer of Fischer Motorsports?

Competition will drive people to do things, to learn things, to achieve things, to strive to beat their best friends in competitions.

When I stated hacked I didn't mean it in the manner you took it. I probably should have stated it as cracked. Sooner or later it will be figured out by the competition. Now whether or not the person that cracks it, decides to share it or not is up to him. But one thing I have learned is most of the tuners for these cars share information with each other. Mike Murrillo and I meant to load a YouTube video of him tuning a GT500 with a KB SC and TB with my comment either cracked or hacked the calibration for the TB. The video was 2 years old. So where he learned to do it, I don't know. All I know is that somebody either spent the time to crack or hack it and they have shared it with others. Or he cracked it himself and hasn't shared it. But whatever he did he has the info to tune that TB.

In my experiences and with the examples I've posted above, encryption won't stop somebody that is determined to be able to beat the competition.

Again where did your mile team come up with the idea of the turbocharger wastegate controller in place of the bypass valve?

You take everything I post as adversarial. Unfortunately I have to sit here and decide first if I want to post. Then I have to decide how to word it in a manner that I can get my technical points across for you not to say it is adversarial.

My first post was meant to say that shear determination and competition has driven others to achieve what you think can't be done without stealing another work. My pictures and video in this post show that shear determination and competition will drive somebody to the point of getting it done one way or another. That is what competition does.

That is what you yourself were trying to do at the last mile event you attended.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
First off you took my comment the wrong way

Competition creates ingenuity. It drives people to do anything to conquer the opponents in the class they are competing in.

An example of this is the photos below.

This engine was built with a fuel system off of a Cummins QSK19 engine. Yet the engine is a Caterpillar engine.

IMG_1235.gif

IMG_1236.gif

IMG_1237.gif

IMG_1238.gif

The Cummins QSK19 common rail fuel system on that engine costs over $50,000.00 to be installed and adapted to that Caterpillar engine. The engine is a hybrid of two different Caterpillar engine with custom cylinder liners and billet rods to make the combination work. The long block of that engine is another $65,000 to build.

This engine in only in one truck in the world. It was built out of shear determination by its owner to beat the competition.

Here is a short video of what the Caterpillar engine looks like in stock form for you to understand the magnitude of work involved in applying the Cummins fuel system to a Caterpillar engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-PD83hKhZo

Now who is the competition that this gentleman spent this amount of money and effort to adapt a Cummins fuel system on a Cat engine? The competition is the best Caterpillar engine tuner I know in the world. the Cat tuner wasn't the best tuner for the longest time. But again shear determination on his part lead him to be where he is today. He didn't copy anybody else's files. He spent roughly $150,000 of his own money to self-teach himself how to be where he is today.

Competition drives everybody to beat the next guy.

Competition drove you at this years Texas Mile Event. Your team installed a wastegate controller in place of the bypass valve with a stand alone computer to control it at this years event. Did it not? Did you copy this idea from Shawn Fischer of Fischer Motorsports?

Competition will drive people to do things, to learn things, to achieve things, to strive to beat their best friends in competitions.

When I stated hacked I didn't mean it in the manner you took it. I probably should have stated it as cracked. Sooner or later it will be figured out by the competition. Now whether or not the person that cracks it, decides to share it or not is up to him. But one thing I have learned is most of the tuners for these cars share information with each other. Mike Murrillo and I meant to load a YouTube video of him tuning a GT500 with a KB SC and TB with my comment either cracked or hacked the calibration for the TB. The video was 2 years old. So where he learned to do it, I don't know. All I know is that somebody either spent the time to crack or hack it and they have shared it with others. Or he cracked it himself and hasn't shared it. But whatever he did he has the info to tune that TB.

In my experiences and with the examples I've posted above, encryption won't stop somebody that is determined to be able to beat the competition.

Again where did your mile team come up with the idea of the turbocharger wastegate controller in place of the bypass valve?

You take everything I post as adversarial. Unfortunately I have to sit here and decide first if I want to post. Then I have to decide how to word it in a manner that I can get my technical points across for you not to say it is adversarial.

My first post was meant to say that shear determination and competition has driven others to achieve what you think can't be done without stealing another work. My pictures and video in this post show that shear determination and competition will drive somebody to the point of getting it done one way or another. That is what competition does.

That is what you yourself were trying to do at the last mile event you attended.

Well put Kurt.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
So...what you are saying is that all the KB cars running around the country with KB TB are all tuned by Lund and/or stole his file...wow...there are plenty of well known tuners and hexers that are more than capable of tuning that TB... And if you don't think Mr. Lund reads out other people stuff to help him, you are sadly mistaken. Next, TB data is a very small portion of tuning a car, you don't just throw TB data in a stock GT500 and it runs 232 mph, so there are many of many of hours in tuning cars and dyno time. So instead of bashing, you might want to find out where people come from and who their connections are. Kenny went through blown motors and many other issues. The car broke his old record by 10mph, and the 223 was set with a 24mph tail wind, I was there, I was there when my friends car when up in smoke, at 223 mph, and not ONE person with their name all over that car was there to help him. Only his friends were. All the people he gave thousands to were no where, only his friends. That is why it's home with us, because he knows he's been like a brother since middle school. There are many things that go into making that car run like that. TB data is a small part. So please congratulate instead of hate... Car made pass after pass, with full datalogs of things that were not logged. As to why he was told to run his car the last mile after clearly showing the Widebands were dead at 4th gear, and over 200 degree IAT. Full external wideband logging, FP, boost, and reading plugs of each cylinder after every run and adjusting the tune accordingly. None of that was there when he blew the motor at the previous mile. So...instead of hating, why don't you congratulate. John Lund is an amazing tuner and we all strive to reach his level. He has tools and access that most don't have and has many advantages. But to say he's the only one that can tune the car is ridiculous. Some of us do it because we love it, not for fame and notoriety. Congrats to my friend, we will be back next mile to try again. Congrats to your runs Van. Good luck next time.

Last edited:

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Damn, that's moving! Good to know that I have a shop local to me that can produce this kind of power efficiently. 3.31 Gears I assume? Sorry guys, I'm literally 48 hours new to this gang. I guarantee this won't be the last question I ask where you are thinking "is this guy serious". lol
The car now has 2.73 gears. Wanting to only use 4 gears. 29" tires. Crossed finish line at 7000 still had plenty of motor, had to remove the back ground rev limiter, so Kenny could use all the motor, Mike at LM did a great job.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
So...what you are saying is that all the KB cars running around the country with KB TB are all tuned by Lund and/or stole his file...wow...there are plenty of well known tuners and hexers that are more than capable of tuning that TB... And if you don't think Mr. Lund reads out other people stuff to help him, you are sadly mistaken. Next, TB data is a very small portion of tuning a car, you don't just throw TB data in a stock GT500 and it runs 232 mph, so there are many of many of hours in tuning cars and dyno time. So instead of bashing, you might want to find out where people come from and who their connections are. Kenny went through blown motors and many other issues. The car broke his old record by 10mph, and the 223 was set with a 24mph tail wind, I was there, I was there when my friends car when up in smoke, at 223 mph, and not ONE person with their name all over that car was there to help him. Only his friends were. All the people he gave thousands to were no where, only his friends. That is why it's home with us, because he knows he's been like a brother since middle school. There are many things that go into making that car run like that. TB data is a small part. So please congratulate instead of hate... Car made pass after pass, with full datalogs of things that were not logged. As to why he was told to run his car the last mile after clearly showing the Widebands were dead at 4th gear. Full external wideband logging, FP, boost, and reading plugs of each cylinder after every run and adjusting the tune accordingly. None of that was there when he blew the motor at the previous mile. So...instead of hating, why don't you congratulate. John Lund is an amazing tuner and we all strive to reach his level. He has tools and access that most don't have and has many advantages. But to say he's the only one that can tune the car is ridiculous. Some of us do it because we love it, not for fame and notoriety. Congrats to my friend, we will be back next mile to try again. Congrats to your runs Van. Good luck next time

Well written Erick.

Thread delete in 3.......2........

Last edited:

FORDMAN GT500

Established Member
So...what you are saying is that all the KB cars running around the country with KB TB are all tuned by Lund and/or stole his file...wow...there are plenty of well known tuners and hexers that are more than capable of tuning that TB... And if you don't think Mr. Lund reads out other people stuff to help him, you are sadly mistaken. Next, TB data is a very small portion of tuning a car, you don't just throw TB data in a stock GT500 and it runs 232 mph, so there are many of many of hours in tuning cars and dyno time. So instead of bashing, you might want to find out where people come from and who their connections are. Kenny went through blown motors and many other issues. The car broke his old record by 10mph, and the 223 was set with a 24mph tail wind, I was there, I was there when my friends car when up in smoke, at 223 mph, and not ONE person with their name all over that car was there to help him. Only his friends were. All the people he gave thousands to were no where, only his friends. That is why it's home with us, because he knows he's been like a brother since middle school. There are many things that go into making that car run like that. TB data is a small part. So please congratulate instead of hate... Car made pass after pass, with full datalogs of things that were not logged. As to why he was told to run his car the last mile after clearly showing the Widebands were dead at 4th gear. Full external wideband logging, FP, boost, and reading plugs of each cylinder after every run and adjusting the tune accordingly. None of that was there when he blew the motor at the previous mile. So...instead of hating, why don't you congratulate. John Lund is an amazing tuner and we all strive to reach his level. He has tools and access that most don't have and has many advantages. But to say he's the only one that can tune the car is ridiculous. Some of us do it because we love it, not for fame and notoriety. Congrats to my friend, we will be back next mile to try again. Congrats to your runs Van. Good luck next time.

And the Mic is dropped !! #TRUESTORY... Only Lund is allowed to accomplish things in this hobby dont you know ? Well said sir !! And yes Congrats to all involved !!

Last edited:

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
And as I'll say it again, he's not the only one capable of tuning them. I have several very well known tuners that, well until now, tuned lots of and sold lots of blowers. But from what your saying, that KB provides data to only Lund, I'm sure these shops will gladly start selling and supporting other companies that support all tuners that sell their products, not just one. I know several tuners off my head that have great luck and drivability with their made up data for them, even the latest version without a tension spring that you are speaking of, but you are not appearing to comprehend, that there are many people with access to hex editing and the capability of making the changes John does. John knows my camp and the people I associate with. He's knows good and well what we are capable of.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
And as I'll say it again, he's not the only one capable of tuning them. I have several very well known tuners that, well until now, tuned lots of and sold lots of blowers. But from what your saying, that KB provides data to only Lund, I'm sure these shops will gladly start selling and supporting other companies that support all tuners that sell their products, not just one. I know several tuners off my head that have great luck and drivability with their made up data for them, even the latest version without a tension spring that you are speaking of, but you are not appearing to comprehend, that there are many people with access to hex editing and the capability of making the changes John does. John knows my camp and the people I associate with. He's knows good and well what we are capable of.

Mic dropped. AGAIN

Kenne Bell

Established Member
TO clarify....Ken Christly of Kenne Bell Superchargers spent and continues to spend hours, days and years calibrating our kits which includes our throttle body. Now we all know that "custom tuners" suck out or steal the tune. We at Kenne Bell know this happens. The throttle body settings for the 168 are in a spot in the software that most cant get to. Ken and small group of people are the only ones who have access to it thanks to Ken. Trust me, I have the tooners customers on the phone when they start blaming the throttle body. I have to convince the customer to get the car out the shop....that included Murrillo and countless others. We get countless requests from "tooners" that just need the base file. Our reply has been if you are tuner than tune the car.

So to clear it up..... the original file came from Ken Christley of Kenne Bell Supercharges. So if the car has a 168 throttle body the "base" file really is Kens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread