Kenne Bell'd 03 vs. 2k13 gt500

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I cannot wait to run a '13 when i see one.

547rwhp might be the weakest twin screw car I've seen. Sad actually. Not much of a race either.

jleews6

Established Member
That was more like a gt500 flyby. It takes alot of power to stop a pull once a car has the hit. If you give a car the hit and can stop its pull and go around it you have ALOT faster car than the one you're racing..

Some people think the Cobra would have stopped the pull if it was just as fast but like you said. When someone gets the jump and has more momentum it's hard to make that back and if the cars are even you have no chance.
That Cobra should trap about 130 with his power so it should be a good race.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
547hp from a twin screw? Whats the point?

Dude needs to add more support and actually use that blower.

That cobra is way outgunned with that power even thinking about going against a 650hp '13 gt500.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Probably upgraded to the kb for the sound. No other explanation for not adding supporting mods. Domestic ricer.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
What would be the "supporting mods?"
Fuel pumps, BAP, injectors, cooling mods ie heat exchanger, ic tank, head cooling mod. Clutch, Lot more involved than slapping on a new blower if you want it to run to its full potential which in this video it obviously wasn't.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Fuel pumps, BAP, injectors, cooling mods ie heat exchanger, ic tank, head cooling mod. Clutch, Lot more involved than slapping on a new blower if you want it to run to its full potential which in this video it obviously wasn't.

That sounds like a truckload of money there. Maybe he didn't want to invest that kind of loot. I wouldn't call him a "domestic ricer." Five hundred forty seven RWH isn't exactly small potatoes, especially from a car that came from with factory with [rated] 390HP at the crank. However, he was simply outmatched by the '13.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
That sounds like a truckload of money there. Maybe he didn't want to invest that kind of loot. I wouldn't call him a "domestic ricer." Five hundred forty seven RWH isn't exactly small potatoes, especially from a car that came from with factory with [rated] 390HP at the crank. However, he was simply outmatched by the '13.
Good point but he also could have ported his stock blower and made 500-520 rwhp for 500 bucks. Used twin screws sell for 2300-2700 depending on model. Obviously new are quite a bit more.

Searching the market section id bet he could score most of that stuff at 60% of new cost.

When i was into imports i knew several people who swapped stock turbos for large ones and ran them at low boost with minimal supporting mods so gains were minimal. But hey i got a gt35r on there. Part of the reason i left the import community. Too many ricer and not enough true enthusiast.

Last edited:

Kevstang00

Established Member
C'mon TS guys, take your car to the streets and show us some good stuff, don't want to see this crappy video again!

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
If you really think about it, it sad to see a fairly modded Cobra getting walked by a stock vehicle thats under 100k. I love the 2013 GT500, but with all these well priced factory stock monsters hitting the road Im gonna have to shoot higher with my Hp goals to keep up.. :(

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Seriously?? I get what you are saying, but come on. We need to come back to reality just a bit. These are 10 year old cars!

If you really think about it, it sad to see a fairly modded Cobra getting walked by a stock vehicle thats under 100k. I love the 2013 GT500, but with all these well priced factory stock monsters hitting the road Im gonna have to shoot higher with my Hp goals to keep up.. :(

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
Seriously?? I get what you are saying, but come on. We need to come back to reality just a bit. These are 10 year old cars!

I said its sad because at one point KB Cobras use to dominate the streets and that has been quickly changed in the past few years. Your right, it is a 10 year old car, I was not denying the age difference. The simple fact is how fast production cars are getting and that it raises the bar for what to shoot for.

Users who are viewing this thread