Kenne Bell'd 03 vs. 2k13 gt500

Kevstang00

Established Member
No matter, won or lost, I know some badass Cobra can give really hard times to the new GT500, not so bad for an « old » ten years car.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Just shows how efficient the TVS blower is on the 2013 GT500. But man the KB was like i'm not losing without a good fight with that kind of screaming lol.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That sounds like a truckload of money there. Maybe he didn't want to invest that kind of loot. I wouldn't call him a "domestic ricer." Five hundred forty seven RWH isn't exactly small potatoes, especially from a car that came from with factory with [rated] 390HP at the crank. However, he was simply outmatched by the '13.

Why spend $3500 on a blower and then barely use it because the other $1500 in supporting mods costs too much? Though most past 500ehp need fuel support anyways so not sure what his issue is. Didnt watch the vid but what size KB is it?

Most guys not pushing close to 625whp will be outmatched.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Reg you have no shot with that shitbox, e85 FTL.

I said its sad because at one point KB Cobras use to dominate the streets and that has been quickly changed in the past few years. Your right, it is a 10 year old car, I was not denying the age difference. The simple fact is how fast production cars are getting and that it raises the bar for what to shoot for.
547 rwhp is pathetic for a ts Cobra. My car made 592 on pump. At 21psi on on e85 it makes 672. With a SRA swap and 3.73 it is more than enough for a bolton gt500. This is a poor representation of a Ts Cobra is what i am trying to convey. Even if the gt500 does not jump the Cobra loses.

I forgot to mention im running the smallest ts available too. Kb 2.2

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That sounds like a truckload of money there. Maybe he didn't want to invest that kind of loot. I wouldn't call him a "domestic ricer." Five hundred forty seven RWH isn't exactly small potatoes, especially from a car that came from with factory with [rated] 390HP at the crank. However, he was simply outmatched by the '13.

Why spend $3500 on a blower and then barely use it because the other $1500 in supporting mods costs too much? Though most past 500ehp need fuel support anyways so not sure what his issue is. Didnt watch the vid but what size KB is it?

Most guys not pushing close to 625whp will be outmatched. Though keeping in mind the motors are similar; a '13 500 with the factory installed blower like a TVS is pushing the same power as a Cobra with an equally performing kb/whipple. Example, if my gst came with the same turbo setup as a evo, it would be so very clise but I can put an aftermarket one or a mitsu equivalent to its size and im right there at that power level that they came stock, since the motor is almost equal all the factory has done us given the newer car a more efficient boost maker.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
You need NOS Dom.

547 rwhp is pathetic for a ts Cobra. My car made 592 on pump. At 21psi on on e85 it makes 672. With a SRA swap and 3.73 it is more than enough for a bolton gt500. This is a poor representation of a Ts Cobra is what i am trying to convey. Even if the gt500 does not jump the Cobra loses.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Why spend $3500 on a blower and then barely use it because the other $1500 in supporting mods costs too much? ...

Maybe that was enough for him to get his thrills. :shrug: Other than some cooling and a better tune, I haven't done anything else with my Whipple kit; still have the big ol' 3" pulley. There are guys with the same kit pushing well over 700RWHP because they've done additional mods; headers, injectors, race gas only tunes, etc. I could go that route, but [for now] choose not to because I want my car to remain emissions legal and street and suburban neighborhood friendly. If the fiance' replaces her Suby, I might go ahead and do the necessary to push my GT500 out to a nice, even 900HP. We'll see...

I think you guys are being too hard on the Cobra driver. In truth, how many street legal Cobras out there are pushing over 600RWHP? Probably not that many in the grand scheme. And there's still plenty of lesser cars out there that he could easily spank.

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
waiting for this to be merged with 5,0 aint @#$% smackdown thread

No need for that. I am simply saying this was poor representation of a twin screw Cobra. I love the '13's. I will be looking into a '11 gt500 over the winter. Dealer lots will be flooded with trade ins for '13's

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
waiting for this to be merged with 5,0 aint @#$% smackdown thread

You would.

Too bad it has nothing to do with such a lesser trimmed offering like a GT. This is between two upler trimmed models; the Cobra from its day and its evolutionary successor, the GT500.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
pointless to have a twin screw at 54x hp.... whats the point? The stupid whine of the kb?

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
what is it with all these twin screw 03/04 cars only making low to mid 5XX horsepower... come on now.

Casper03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
Race not found..............whats with the low cobra numbers.........I make 596rwhp on pump with a tiny 2.2KB and almost a 10 year old original factory motor......head tick and all.

stangfreak

Established Member
what is it with all these twin screw 03/04 cars only making low to mid 5XX horsepower... come on now.

These guys want to buy big blowers and run the same boost they do with a eaton and think the car will automatically fly. people to this day ask, is it ok to buy a 3.4L whipple and run 15lbs of boost. lower iat temps, etc etc.

since owning my 03 cobra for almost 10 years now, IMO, any twinscrew needs at least 18-19lbs minimum for them to run hard. I run my 2.9 at 23lbs of boost.

itSSlow98

Established Member
These guys want to buy big blowers and run the same boost they do with a eaton and think the car will automatically fly. people to this day ask, is it ok to buy a 3.4L whipple and run 15lbs of boost. lower iat temps, etc etc.

since owning my 03 cobra for almost 10 years now, IMO, any twinscrew needs at least 18-19lbs minimum for them to run hard. I run my 2.9 at 23lbs of boost.

Yea like the guy who felt all good about beating a single turbo 03 that's was on 8lbs of boost. Congratulations lol

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
It boils down to this this video is shit.. It's not really a race or if it is its title should say weak ass kb cobra gives new gt500 2 and the move.. Anybody with common sense should know a properly tuned 15+psi whipple 2.3 or kb 2.2 make around 600rwhp on pump gas all day long and would be more than capable to defend itself against a new gt500. Can't wait for a few legit videos to start popping up..

stangfreak

Established Member
It boils down to this this video is shit.. It's not really a race or if it is its title should say weak ass kb cobra gives new gt500 2 and the move.. Anybody with common sense should know a properly tuned 15+psi whipple 2.3 or kb 2.2 make around 600rwhp on pump gas all day long and would be more than capable to defend itself against a new gt500. Can't wait for a few legit videos to start popping up..

I still dont think 15lbs will cut it

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
I still dont think 15lbs will cut it

My current setup (until Friday when I go turbo) made 565 rwhp through a built aod with a 4500 stall on 93 pump which would be WELL over 600rwhp (per bob kurgan) and went 10.33 at 135 on nittos not the race wheels I currently run all on 15psi in a vert.

Users who are viewing this thread