Kenne Bell'd 03 vs. 2k13 gt500

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I still dont think 15lbs will cut it

Me, neither; not unless the Cobra motor has some serious compression ratio. And doesn't the Cobra have a 32V 4.6? How is that gonna make more power than a 5.8 pushing 14psi? :??:

stangfreak

Established Member
Me, neither; not unless the Cobra motor has some serious compression ratio. And doesn't the Cobra have a 32V 4.6? How is that gonna make more power than a 5.8 pushing 14psi? :??:

8:5 compression 4.6L 4v. Thats it. granted we got some nice internals from the factory. a lot of people look at peak numbers with a low boost twinscrew. IMO a ported eaton with 17 18lbs will be up there with a low boosted pump gas ts cobra. Theres people that have been in the high ten's trapping 127+ with the port ;-) see what I mean

musclefan21

Established Member
Didn't matter. The GT500 was pulling even when the blower on the Cobra was screaming.
S.

Once a high power car takes the hit, even if you quicker than that car, it is hard to close the gap, it takes time. I have personally experienced that multiple times. I put on a car about 2-3 cars when we both hit it at the same time and when i gave him the hit, i could barely put a nose on him by the top of my 4th. GT500 isnt a slow car for that cobra to blow pass by it once the GT500 took a car length advantage...

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Once a high power car takes the hit, even if you quicker than that car, it is hard to close the gap, it takes time. I have personally experienced that multiple times. I put on a car about 2-3 cars when we both hit it at the same time and when i gave him the hit, i could barely put a nose on him by the top of my 4th. GT500 isnt a slow car for that cobra to blow pass by it once the GT500 took a car length advantage...

^^ what this dude said.. Read my earlier post somes it up pretty good without getting to in depth. I just don't understand why the kb cobra made such low numbers??!! What's that thing got on it a 6 inch pulley?

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Taking the hit makes a huge difference, you need more power than the car that jumped just to match his speed and stop his pull, you'll need a significant power advantage to not only stop his pull but also gain ground on him.

Say the roll speed is 60MPH, Car 1 takes the hit and is going 65MPH when Car 2 takes off. If they both accelerated equally, lets say 5mph/second, then after 10 seconds they've both accelerated by 50mph

Car 1 is now going 115MPH, Car 2 110MPH. Car 1 maintains the 5mph advantage from the hit and should be putting 7.3 ft/second on Car 2. In a 10 second race that'd be 73 feet divided by 15.6 feet (length of a 13 GT500) should be approx 5 cars in front.

Putting it simpler, it would be the same differential over time as you holding 70mph in the slow lane, and someone next to you holding 75mph. Your rate of acceleration is exactly the same (0, you're holding constant, not accelerating), but they have a 5mph jump on you and will continue putting distance on you.

That is all based on cars having the exact same rate of acceleration, if Car 2 was slightly faster, the gap would be smaller, and vice versa

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
That first video is very impressive because that Cobra driver is quite large. Takes some serious HP to get all that meat moving and edge out a ZR1 while hauling it.

It feels really good to beat a sport bike. So far, I'm two for two against them by quite a large margin.
Exactly. His rather large frame prob outweighed the zr1 driver by a good 100 lbs plus the added passenger in the cobra filming. Figure she is moderate sized at 150? He would have pulled with an average weight driver and no passenger. Zr1 is a 130mph car.

I have only raced older bikes and they are not even close. Late 90's gixxer 1000 and an early 2k 600. both were embarassing for them. I let the 600 get a running start too and stoppex his pull and left him. Id like to run a newer 750 maybe 1k stock of course to see how i do. I run on kill mode (e85 tune) at all times and with my weight reduction from the sra with 3.73's and soon k member, I think it would be interesting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread