Kenne Bell blowers for 96-98 cobra

Sharksfan81

Established Member
I am pretty sure KB would have had a MUCH harder time getting a CARB EO number if they had relocated the IAT sensor, and gone to bigger injectors. I'd bet dollars to donuts that is why they didn't do it.

The other bit of advice I forgot to give is to do an IMRC delete while you are at it. With the KB, you really don't need them and they are a PITA for maintenence.

I usually use the dyno at TPS Motorsports when I do my tuning. It's a new load bearing dyno, and it is nice to tune on. Vince does the tuning down there and he'll do a good job for you. I don't trust my old ears to hear detonation very well anymore, so I no longer tune for others. I'd hate to blow someone else/s motor

If you want to meet down at TPS, I'll introduce you and give you a ride in my car, no problem. There's still a "little" rubber on my Nittos...

Mon-Wed is better than Thu-Sun for me.

I was actually just down at TPS for the first time 2 days ago and got a quote on a Procharger setup for my car. I really want to go with a kenne bell though. As for the IMRC delete, I could just install new plates when I did the supercharger install I am sure. So much to think about. As for meeting at TPS, that sounds great. monday or wednesday should be good for me next week.

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Racecougar are you on STLMustangs? I don't have much to add to the thread but as an Eaton and Turbo owner I'd go Turbo if I had to choose between them. The low end of the Eaton is nice but the mid and high end of the Turbo is out of this world.

Last edited:

redrocket16

Established Member
Bumping this thread to see if anyone took J. Kinkaid up on his offer and to see what the results were.

jmsa540

Established Member
Bumping this thread to see if anyone took J. Kinkaid up on his offer and to see what the results were.

Sorry for the bump, but I second that motion.

I did some reading on his website, and I'm still pondering if this comes with everything needed to be a complete bolt on.

Does anyone else have any experience with this kit?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I'm digging up this old thread from 4-5 years ago. Did anyone ever test that air to water intercooler offer? I'm buying my old 97 back from the guy I sold it to four years ago and want to add a KB. If no intercooler option I will need to go the C head route and buy the 99/01 KB with an intercooler. I wonder how much C heads cost and where to find them?

Users who are viewing this thread