Kenne Bell blowers for 96-98 cobra

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
So are the KB blowers not really worth it for our cars? Everything I read is complaints about them not being intercooled. What if you don't drag race very often and mostly just drive around on the weekends? I like the clean looks of them and the instant boost.

Also, I'm assuming the 2.1 is the best? Does it make more power than the 1.5?

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
So are the KB blowers not really worth it for our cars?
I think that is how you define worth it. If you're looking for some bottom end grunt, and a clean install then it could be your answer. If all out performance then perhaps not. I don't own a KB so this is only from what I know of the PD blowers.

Everything I read is complaints about them not being intercooled.
I believe a few members have used the meth kits to assist in this area. I'm sure some may chime in.

What if you don't drag race very often and mostly just drive around on the weekends? I like the clean looks of them and the instant boost.
See 1st quote.

Also, I'm assuming the 2.1 is the best? Does it make more power than the 1.5?
I'm not the best qualified to answer this, however the 2.1 will provide greater airflow per rotation than the 1.5. If I were going this route and cost was negligable in regards to the budget, I would go with the 2.1. It will give you headroom provided you want to turn up the wick on the blower.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I think that is how you define worth it. If you're looking for some bottom end grunt, and a clean install then it could be your answer. If all out performance then perhaps not. I don't own a KB so this is only from what I know of the PD blowers.

Well I've been considering centri's as well but there so many different parts it seems to make them work. The KB just seems like it would fit my current wants.

CzchMex

Established Member
I think they are worth it. You cannot duplicate the whine the blower makes at WOT. The 2.1 will provide bigger boost easier. IMO it is worth it over the 1.5 only because if you build or add a meth kit then you can run higher boosts and make serious power. There was a member on here selling his 2.1KB that only had 2000 miles on it for a pretty good deal. You might have to search for it, but it's somewhere in THE MARKET

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I think they are worth it. You cannot duplicate the whine the blower makes at WOT. The 2.1 will provide bigger boost easier. IMO it is worth it over the 1.5 only because if you build or add a meth kit then you can run higher boosts and make serious power. There was a member on here selling his 2.1KB that only had 2000 miles on it for a pretty good deal. You might have to search for it, but it's somewhere in THE MARKET

that's my old blower that I sold- dude blew his motor up with it-lol. and just for the OP's info- the 2.1 does not whine at all.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
C head swap and then either the KB blower for 99-01 cobra... Or do an Eaton swap.

That's your best bet and my. 02

goat-ee

Established Member
that's my old blower that I sold- dude blew his motor up with it-lol. and just for the OP's info- the 2.1 does not whine at all.

I currently have the 2.1 on my daily driver and I really like it a lot. Car runs plenty hard and is basically maintenance free. People dog these things out for not making huge rwhp numbers, but for a street car that's driven a bunch, I think they are great!! Mine is 8-9psi and runs with a new 5.0 Mustang VERY well. Can you make more hp with a turbo or centri? Of course!! I own a Hellion car also, but for everyday driving it's the Kenne Bell car every time!!

95PGTTech

Established Member
C head swap and then either the KB blower for 99-01 cobra... Or do an Eaton swap.

That's your best bet and my. 02

While I agree, most people on here don't have the nuts to go into the motor that much as they don't have the experience needed. Besides, you start down a road of, well, I'm swapping heads, so I mind as well build a motor on a stand with C heads and a Whipple, then I need a fuel system, then I need ...

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I just sold my 98 Cobra that has a 1.5 KB s/c. it didn't make a lot of power but it was a fun car to drive. It seems faster that my Procharged cobra with the same amount of boost which made more hp. KB unit are great for instant power/torque. To have it more reliable I would have installed a meth/water injection and relocate the IAT to the intake maniflold.

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
Thanks for this post cause I wanted to know the same thing. I have been throwing around if I want a eaton, kb or vortech, PD. What would I need if I were to throw on a stock blower off the 03 04 cobras?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
What would I need if I were to throw on a stock blower off the 03 04 cobras?

C heads, 03-04 cobra timing cover, pulley bridge & pulleys, heat exhanger, heat exchanger lines, heat exchanger pump, all associated lines, lower intake, coolant reservoir, 03-04 cobra alternator, 03-04 cobra alternator bracket, alternator harness, 03-04 cobra throttle cable, water crossover, radiator upper hose, fuel rails, injectors, and few more things.

Last edited:

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
C heads, 03-04 cobra timing cover, pulley bridge & pulleys, heat exhanger, all associated lines, lower intake, coolant reservoir, 03-04 cobra alternator, 03-04 cobra alternator bracket, alternator harness, 03-04 cobra throttle cable, and more...

Good thing I have a buddy with a totaled 04 cobra we just pulled the motor yesterday and it's alllllll miiinnneeee!

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
C heads, 03-04 cobra timing cover, pulley bridge & pulleys, heat exhanger, all associated lines, lower intake, coolant reservoir, 03-04 cobra alternator, 03-04 cobra alternator bracket, alternator harness, 03-04 cobra throttle cable, and more...

Good thing I have a buddy with a totaled 04 cobra we just pulled the motor yesterday and it's alllllll miiinnneeee!

Users who are viewing this thread