KC -Worth it or not, street only

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Interested in the Chiller, but I still haven't seen any feedback from Road Racers.

I would think they would love this even more being that their AC will be running during the runs because they won't be WOT full time, sure, you'll have a spirited burst, but then you'll be in the brake and bam, it kicks back on and starts supercooling again.

Just spoke with Joe on the phone, he's going to let me swap out my shell unit for the plate one ASAP and doesn't even want to take a deposit before I get the new one. What a guy, Joe really knows how to take care of his customers!! :beer:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
whats the difference between the plate & shell kits? On his site, there is an electrical version, not sure if this what some are referring

cobra_mer

Established Member
I believe the "shell" is the Gen2 tubular style not pictured on his site. The plate is the gen1 style and shown on his site.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
I believe the "shell" is the Gen2 tubular style not pictured on his site. The plate is the gen1 style and shown on his site.

Correct, the shell is a cylinder, instead of the box-like unit you see in the pics he lists.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Actually the gen-2 kit is the plug and play kit. You had to splice into the system with the gen-1 kit, and it only use the #8 A/C hose and stock orifice tube.

The gen-2 kit uses a #8 A/C hose from the condenser to the KC and a #10 A/C hose from the KC back to the evaporator, which improves overall efficiency. It also uses a .071 orifice tube instead of the .057 orifice tube for better cooling. The gen-2 KC exchanger has more plates too.

- Joe

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Just so everyone knows I'll be signing up to become an SV here. As a lot of people already know, I had a bad car accident last month and I'm still recovering from my injuries. As soon as I catch up with my work, I'll see about becoming an SV here so I can talk about our products.

Thanks
Joe

SVTDice

Established Member
Just so everyone knows I'll be signing up to become an SV here. As a lot of people already know, I had a bad car accident last month and I'm still recovering from my injuries. As soon as I catch up with my work, I'll see about becoming an SV here so I can talk about our products.

Thanks
Joe

Feel better buddy! Hope you have a speedy and good recovery! I'm going to be looking into your kit When I sort out my E85 Setup. Plus I'm going to need this for my 2.2L Later on down the road. :rockon:

Tractionless1

Established Member

Thanks
Joe

Glad to see you back online Joe, heal up good!! :rockon:

BTW it wasn't the Cobra was it?:??:

djtyau

Established Member
Actually the gen-2 kit is the plug and play kit. You had to splice into the system with the gen-1 kit, and it only use the #8 A/C hose and stock orifice tube.

The gen-2 kit uses a #8 A/C hose from the condenser to the KC and a #10 A/C hose from the KC back to the evaporator, which improves overall efficiency. It also uses a .071 orifice tube instead of the .057 orifice tube for better cooling. The gen-2 KC exchanger has more plates too.

- Joe

Joe, can you send me a PM if there is a upgrade path I can take. You probably don't remember, but I was the one that got sent the lightning style KC and the lines were too short and didn't fit correctly.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Feel better buddy! Hope you have a speedy and good recovery! I'm going to be looking into your kit When I sort out my E85 Setup. Plus I'm going to need this for my 2.2L Later on down the road. :rockon:

Hey thanks man, I'm getting a little stronger every week!

Glad to see you back online Joe, heal up good!! :rockon:

BTW it wasn't the Cobra was it?:??:

No, it was my little 06 Focus that I use for the shop. This woman ran right through the red light doing 50 in a Grand Prix and hit me in the driver side...she didn't even slow down. :bash: I'm damn lucky I wasn't killed!

Joe, can you send me a PM if there is a upgrade path I can take. You probably don't remember, but I was the one that got sent the lightning style KC and the lines were too short and didn't fit correctly.

You bought this kit used? Just give me a call and I'll get you the right hoses and fittings.

- Joe

black 10th vert

Established Member
Hopefully once You become a vendor here, you will do a GB for us. This is a very large site, so you should be able to get quite a few to go into a group buy - especially if the bigger number of orders can get us an aggressive discount.:beer:

buster_cherri

BAMF
Established Member
I would be in for a group buy also.
I have two questions about the KC.
1. So your AC compressor runs at all times?
2. Does it leak water like normal AC all the time?

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
I would be in for a group buy also.
I have two questions about the KC.
1. So your AC compressor runs at all times?
2. Does it leak water like normal AC all the time?

1. It runs when you have your AC on, just like stock, but you have to have your AC on to benefit from the Killer Chiller system.

2. Yep, condensation!

I also have a question! Even though I should know this as an owner. Do you have to have the AC on the coldest setting to get the coolest temps in the IC tank? Or could I just put it on the middle setting before heat starts and turn the in cabin fans on low and get the same benefits?

rudycobra

Established Member
I've read that people insulate all lines and some say they get no dripping from condensation. Also heard as long as the compressor is on that the kc would b working . It does not have to b coldest , I don't think the temp setting on Ac affects the temp of kc

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've read that people insulate all lines and some say they get no dripping from condensation. Also heard as long as the compressor is on that the kc would b working . It does not have to b coldest , I don't think the temp setting on Ac affects the temp of kc

I believe you are correct on the insulation, as I had read about that in the past also. With regard to the cabin temp, you are also correct, as the temp control should have no effect of the A/C pump itself. As long as it's on, you can have a warm setting on your cabin control, and just have it vented to the floor, or defrost.

rudycobra

Established Member
I think the kc would make cobras king of the streets lol . It would b so awesome to have cool iat2s after cruising around and pull up to red light next to any vette ! Or freeway or interstate after been driving for hour or so and stil have cooler temps . Think this will b my next big mod !

SVTDice

Established Member
Yeah, This would be amazing to have, Just wish I had deeper pockets and a know how to install it. I wonder how a KC Would work with E85. Hence E85 Being a cooler fuel and all.

Hmmm.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Hey thanks man, I'm getting a little stronger every week!
No, it was my little 06 Focus that I use for the shop. This woman ran right through the red light doing 50 in a Grand Prix and hit me in the driver side...she didn't even slow down. :bash: I'm damn lucky I wasn't killed!

- Joe

:nonono: I was rearended at a stop light in '01, dead stopped with cars around me stopped by a woman who didn't use the brakes either. She comment when I asked what exactly her problem was, "I was tending to my kid." Long story short I was punched in the face by her husband for not giving him my drivers license and registration. The police at the scene who saw it had to stop me from beating him to death in the intersection. He got a years probation and I have a f*cked up neck for life, now that's justice huh?!

Users who are viewing this thread