Just Blew The Engine Up!

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I can see trash getting into the heads and the underside of the intercooler that way but how else does debris get into the blower and the top side of the intercooler?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Yeah I don't know nothing but it's funny I'm not the only one that's told you need a fuel system but ignored everyone. It's comical to me that you think this little mishap was nothing but yet your banking on a tax return to fix it......I'll leave you be this time lol and wait for your next rebuild thread.

Oh my god man, enough already

I'll sum up all your posts so you don't have to annoy everyone anymore: I told you so I told you so I told you so I told you so I told you so I'm so smart Youre so dumb I told you so I told you so

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
I can see trash getting into the heads and the underside of the intercooler that way but how else does debris get into the blower and the top side of the intercooler?

Usually through the boost bypass valve which connects from below the intercooler to the inlet elbow on the back of the blower...schrapnel gets everywhere!

prn1972

Established Member
The piece of metal I seen in the blower's elbow looks too big to have come though the bypass. I dont know I only took the JLT off & flipped the throttle body open to look. I will take the throttle body & below off tonight. I will post up a pic of what I can see.

DSargent09

Established Member
Also just my 2 cents, but if you made "good" money then chances are you wouldn't get a tax return or would have simply had it in savings.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Oh my god man, enough already

I'll sum up all your posts so you don't have to annoy everyone anymore: I told you so I told you so I told you so I told you so I told you so I'm so smart Youre so dumb I told you so I told you so

I think your letting him get to you. I actually think this thread is hella funny

prn1972

Established Member
Also just my 2 cents, but if you made "good" money then chances are you wouldn't get a tax return or would have simply had it in savings.
So I see both of you are from TX, do you have the try to help your prick friend out or something, I never said I will rich, I work for what I have, I do OK since your so worried about it.
He's "that guy" that keeps arguing his point, when nobody is arguing back... lol
Exactly....I was trying to be nice but he wouldn't shut up, now his asshole friend is chiming in

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
He's "that guy" that keeps arguing his point, when nobody is arguing back... lol

that's what makes it funny

Lol...it is funny but he is annoying

I know there a good amount of us getting a good laugh.

there is one thing I will say related to your thread. I would advise against running a meth injections setup. ive seen more fail and blow up motors than work on a regular bases.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member

It happened to mine.
image_zps07503b6a.jpg
image_zps2372afdd.jpg
image_zps6e9e5f88.jpg
image_zps69ce4c00.jpg

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
^^Hate to see what mine looks like when I get it apart, my tuner is suppose to take to his shop next week

I don't blame you. I was pretty bummed out. It's too bad they do this. Common sense would lead to say that since it blows air it shouldn't suck up metal. Unfortunately not the case. Perhaps it goes through the bypass valve, or through the intake valves like someone previously mentioned.

nonliberal

Established Member
I would advise against running a meth injections setup. ive seen more fail and blow up motors than work on a regular bases.

He don't want to hear that. He insists that he is going to rely on 100% meth injection to supplement his fuel system because it's cheaper. So the entire new engine is going to rely on a cheap pump with nozzles squirting in the intake track. Bad idea, but like he said It's his car and his money. :shrug:

JP0814GT

Established Member
I would only run what ever fuel system i had at full efficiency then add 100% meth via Alky Control to that system. I wouldn't suggest anyone run there fuel system on the ragged edge of capacity.
There's a pretty big difference in a Snow or other cheaper 50 percent water / meth system. Alky control 100% meth with stainless lines fuel cell in trunk is a much better system.
It really should be determined by power level desired.

Last edited:

prn1972

Established Member
He don't want to hear that. He insists that he is going to rely on 100% meth injection to supplement his fuel system because it's cheaper. So the entire new engine is going to rely on a cheap pump with nozzles squirting in the intake track. Bad idea, but like he said It's his car and his money. :shrug:
If you have a better option please tell me. As I have said I don't have E85 here, wish I did. I liketo drive my car, I don't want to store race fuel/E85 & have to run home every time I need to fill up. Meth injection works, it has pros & cons like anything else. Anything can break or mess up, even a return style fuel system. I just talked to CPRsm about a drop in pump system he is working on to be good for 900-1000whp.

Alky Controls system are not cheap, they are the best quality kits available, running 100% meth isn't cheaper than running a 50/50 mix
And when did I say I was going to do something because it was cheaper?

Last edited:

nonliberal

Established Member
I would like to ditch the BAP but don't want to spend the money on a return system

I dont know everything but I think this fuel system with a two nozzle meth injection system in the lower intake that spray on boost only would give me plenty of fuel, but I not 100% on that

You said you don't want to spend the money on a return system so obviously the meth is cheaper.

I am glad to see you are slowly coming around and talking with CPR for a fuel option.
I am not saying don't use meth, my issue was with you not having enough actual fuel system to support your power then relying on the meth to make up the difference. That is a blueprint to failure.

The whole reason for my 50/50 suggestion is because then your at least only relying on 50% of the meth solution for fuel so it's still not great but it is safer.

My suggestion here is only meant to help you in the long run, not to bash you. Make sure you have enough fuel system to meet 100% of your power goals, THEN add meth on top of that. At least that way if the meth system fails the regular fuel system can keep it from running lean, and the knock sensors may save you from the detonation of lower octane fuel.

prn1972

Established Member
You said you don't want to spend the money on a return system so obviously the meth is cheaper.

I am glad to see you are slowly coming around and talking with CPR for a fuel option.
I am not saying don't use meth, my issue was with you not having enough actual fuel system to support your power then relying on the meth to make up the difference. That is a blueprint to failure.

The whole reason for my 50/50 suggestion is because then your at least only relying on 50% of the meth solution for fuel so it's still not great but it is safer.

My suggestion here is only meant to help you in the long run, not to bash you. Make sure you have enough fuel system to meet 100% of your power goals, THEN add meth on top of that. At least that way if the meth system fails the regular fuel system can keep it from running lean, and the knock sensors may save you from the detonation of lower octane fuel.
OK, sorry what i meant by that is I don't want to spend that kind of money on a fuel system my car will never need. I will never see 1100+whp. I would like to have around 800whp. So a cheaper drop in system like CRP is working on would be perfect, then I could ditch the BAP & pump duty cycle would be down. If it is possible I would like to try some nitrous just to crack a 1000whp for bragging rights. Plus a bottle would just look cool in the car at shows.
But I get what your saying...I do want it to be safe as possible

nonliberal

Established Member
OK, sorry what i meant by that is I don't want to spend that kind of money on a fuel system my car will never need. I will never see 1100+whp. I would like to have around 800whp. So a cheaper drop in system like CRP is working on would be perfect, then I could ditch the BAP & pump duty cycle would be down. If it is possible I would like to try some nitrous just to crack a 1000whp for bragging rights. Plus a bottle would just look cool in the car at shows.
But I get what your saying...I do want it to be safe as possible

:beer: Good luck, going to be a beast when finished!

Users who are viewing this thread