Just Blew The Engine Up!

nonliberal

Established Member
Oh yeah, just snapping is possible. The exhaust stroke coupled by rpm with no back pressure can be VERY hard on rods.

Would be interesting to see the number of stock internal failures (not tune related) with LTs vs stock exhaust manifolds. Seems like some back pressure would help keep a rod from snapping.

prn1972

Established Member
Also talked to Bob Stiegemeier today. He said the blower doesn't look that bad. Hone the case, fill in the rotors & smooth back out, complete repair & rebuild $700. Not bad, better than buying new head unit anyways. He said the case to rotor clearance is tight & will rub when you spin it up to 18-19k. So honing the case is a good thing when spinning it to max or over. He said I might loose about .5lb of boost if any at all with the repair.

Last edited:

nonliberal

Established Member
Also talked to Bob Stiegemeier today. He said the blower doesn't look that bad. Hone the case, fill in the rotors & smooth back out, complete repair & rebuild $700. Not bad, better than buying new head unit anyways. He said the case to rotor clearance is tight & will rub when you spin it up to 18-19k. So honing the case is a good thing when spinning it to max or over. He said I might loose about .5lb of boost if any at all with the repair.

Well thats good news.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Thats good to hear.

JP0814GT

Established Member
Also talked to Bob Stiegemeier today. He said the blower doesn't look that bad. Hone the case, fill in the rotors & smooth back out, complete repair & rebuild $700. Not bad, better than buying new head unit anyways. He said the case to rotor clearance is tight & will rub when you spin it up to 18-19k. So honing the m is a good thing when spinning it to max or over. He said I might loose about .5lb of boost if any at all with the repair.

Stiegemeier knows his stuff i'd trust him on any Eaton blower buddy of mine had his blower ported for his GT500 had good results. He can take a TVS and get results like Vmp with the port work.

Last edited:

prn1972

Established Member
Stiegemeier knows his stuff i'd trust him on any Eaton blower buddy of mine had his blower ported for his GT500 had good results. He can take a TVS and get results like Vmp with the port work.
Yep, if anyone can rebuild it right he can. It's going to get a port job, venom cooler & snakebite gear drive while its there.

JP0814GT

Established Member
That's what I'd do! Atleast your able to salvage the TVS and it a + that in the end you will have some additional gains with him doing the work. And save some $ compared to sending to ROUSH.

kyoshosp2

Established Member
Are all the pistons and rods shot ?
If not just buy replacements for the bad ones and buy a motor for a F150 off eBay for 3k .. Stuff your parts in that engine . Might be the cheapest way

Last edited:

DSargent09

Established Member
Are all the pistons and rods shot ?
If not just buy replacements for the bad ones and buy a motor for a F150 off eBay for 3k .. Stuff your parts in that engine . Might be the cheapest way

This guy has money. LOTS OF IT. He is building a motor.

nonliberal

Established Member
This guy has money. LOTS OF IT. He is building a motor.

obama-money.gif

Users who are viewing this thread