Just Blew The Engine Up!

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
OP sorry to read about your motor. I highly recommend you add a return fuel system into your build. yes people have got injectors with a bap to make good power, but why risk your newly built motor on a overworked stock fp. IMHO.

prn1972

Established Member
Again I thought you said you were not going to say anything else
Hope that tax return is good because your gonna need that plus some when it's all said and done. Why are you worried about my money
Bad part is you probably didn't track it, so it was all for nothingWhat does it matter what I did with my car
....bet you wish you would have turned down the boost to keep it alive huh?NO IM GLAD I BLEW IT UP, IF I COULD I WOULD DO IT AGAIN, DUMBASS

Last edited:

mg3playa

Established Member
slagburn showed a nice pic of his slightly bent rod in a thread a while back.

Ok but did he ever know it was bent or did he start having issues. My thinking is if you have a slightly bent rod your motor is done instantly.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Man some of u in this thread need to take it easy in here and lay off the aggression. Anyways hope your builds awesome, post a thread about it if u can man :beer:

prn1972

Established Member
Oh yeah I look like the dumbass huh lol
Yes you do...how many people on this tread has told you to basiclly shut up...you have excused me of blaming people which I never did...after I correct you, you change your story then go on to run your mouth

OK I'm done, nothing more to say to you, your like talking to that guy that knows EVERYTHING

orangastang

Established Member
Yes you do...how many people on this tread has told you to basiclly shut up...you have excused me of blaming people which I never did...after I correct you, you change your story then go on to run your mouth

OK I'm done, nothing more to say to you, your like talking to that guy that knows EVERYTHING

He's a funky ol refinery operator. They are supposed to know everything. That being said you are right. Its your car. Your making the payment. Do what you want.

CSG

Established Member
Ok but did he ever know it was bent or did he start having issues. My thinking is if you have a slightly bent rod your motor is done instantly.

IIRC he had no issues but found it when he took the engine apart to put good rods and pistons in it as a precaution for the power he planned to make.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member

Nope no outward indicators... I remember following that thread. He apparently checked his oil level religiously, and his car ran just fine. His only hint was that it suddenly started using oil at an accelerated rate, so he tore it down. What he found was a rod that was ever so slightly bent, quietly waiting to go tactical and take out his motor.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Yeah I don't know nothing but it's funny I'm not the only one that's told you need a fuel system but ignored everyone. It's comical to me that you think this little mishap was nothing but yet your banking on a tax return to fix it......I'll leave you be this time lol and wait for your next rebuild thread.

JP0814GT

Established Member
Damn prn1972
U have taken enough beating with loosing your engine seems like that a prick wouldn't show up on this tread and and give you more grief.
To much aggression in this tread.

prn1972

Established Member
Yeah I don't know nothing but it's funny I'm not the only one that's told you need a fuel system but ignored everyone. It's comical to me that you think this little mishap was nothing but yet your banking on a tax return to fix it......I'll leave you be this time lol and wait for your next rebuild thread.
You keep saying things I never said...on the fuel system - I said is my setup best, no it isnt, but like I said there is more than one way to do something, I simple said I'm going with meth injection, which is my best option since I don't have E85 here & I'm not willing to store race fuel....so why do you keep arguing with me like I said something different or said you were wrong?

I have a good job making good money...I'm not banking on my tax return...the mustang is my toy not a necessity...I blow my return every year because its extra money, so I will blow it on the rebuild this year

And it really is nothing, its a car & money, I'm alive & have my family, I'm good:rolling:

vortecd

Established Member

I had a bent rod in a '87 5.0 for 5 years. I bought a rebuilt from DSS in '97 and couldn't get the car to run very long or even start most of the time. Went through a starter also. I had put trick flow heads on the car and thought I was having an issue with valves being open. I drained the oil and it was full of gas. My fuel pressure regulater went and was pouring gas down the intake. Changed it out and it ran for 5 years going 10's for 3 of them. I had an R302 block built since I knew the stock block wasn't going to keep going 10's and 9's and when I tore the engine apart I found the bent rod. I figured it had to have happened when I filled the motor with gas and it filled the cylinders. The motor never made any strange sounds or burned oil. You could see where the piston had contacted the crank and made groves in it. I wasn't looking for anything wrong with the rods when I tore it apart but the rod was so bent you couldn't miss it

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Nope no outward indicators... I remember following that thread. He apparently checked his oil level religiously, and his car ran just fine. His only hint was that it suddenly started using oil at an accelerated rate, so he tore it down. What he found was a rod that was ever so slightly bent, quietly waiting to go tactical and take out his motor.

That is correct, on two motors. The 13 hadn't started using oil yet when I tore it down.

They wait quietly.. lurking in the crankcase

Breathers are recommended for stock motors with PD blowers IMO.. if a rod lets go and the crankcase pressurizes chunks go through the fresh air vent into the blower as noted.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
That is correct, on two motors. The 13 hadn't started using oil yet when I tore it down.

On the second motor, was it an aftermarket or stock rod that bent? I'm looking at picking up some Manley H rods, it seems more than strong enough for what I'm running.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
You keep saying things I never said...on the fuel system - I said is my setup best, no it isnt, but like I said there is more than one way to do something, I simple said I'm going with meth injection, which is my best option since I don't have E85 here & I'm not willing to store race fuel....so why do you keep arguing with me like I said something different or said you were wrong?

I have a good job making good money...I'm not banking on my tax return...the mustang is my toy not a necessity...I blow my return every year because its extra money, so I will blow it on the rebuild this year

And it really is nothing, its a car & money, I'm alive & have my family, I'm good:rolling:

I'm glad you have more money than sense, enjoy on the rebuild. I will be doing some preventive maintenance with a brand new set-up here shortly as well. :beer:

Tyler72

Established Member

They wait quietly.. lurking in the crankcase

Breathers are recommended for stock motors with PD blowers IMO.. if a rod lets go and the crankcase pressurizes chunks go through the fresh air vent into the blower as noted.

Both of his crankcase vents were plumbed to a Moroso Catch can with a vented filter on it. I know because I installed it lol. Besides, blown up engine parts don't get into the blower through the PCV system anyway. Its reverberation. The broken parts fly through the cylinder with the "missing" piston and get sucked through the intake valves and travel through the engine and usually end up in every other cylinder, intake, etc. They usually don't make it up into the tops of the heads under the cam covers.

Users who are viewing this thread