JPC Goes 7.94@172

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Take off the Spray and see what your car does. JPC is now in the 7s on 1 Power Adder.

Again, the ONLY change JPC made to their car was to remove the Magnum Trans and replace it with a Powerglide and change the Air to Air to an Air to Water. Same interior, tires everything etc. The stick went 9.0s. The first time they put an "aftermarket" trans in (i.e. Glide) they went faster. This car still has the factory stereo, power windows etc and like Aaron mentions can quickly run on Pump gas.

Let's not take this further into a pissing match. You went 8s a while ago and congrats. JPC is now in the 7s and no one else is there. I personally don't see a YSI or 4.0 whipple getting into the 7s without the help of Nitrous, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Competition helps all of us go faster etc. Right now JPC is on top, people need to deal with that and until the next guy runs a 7, it's all talk from what I "HEAR". :poke:

we'll be getting the ysi sorted out on the new trans before / if we add the spray to it.

The 4.0 Whipple I don't think can get there. They YSI, we'll see. I know Mitchell has been 8.2's with it in a different combo.

I'm anxious to try out the new trans.

Bud

Established Member
duece what tranny are you on with your time>?

Glide. Not as fast as these guys yet, but hope to be there someday. I've got a weight advantage on them all, but a severe experience gap compared to the rest. I's got learning to do. (Some suspension and boost controller parts would be helpful too)

D.T.R

Established Member
Bill-Hader-Popcorn-reaction-Gif-On-The-Daily-Show.gif

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
To clarify, MMR did congratulate JPC in another thread. The Bottom line is the MMR car is on another level compared to the JPC car by way of performance, it produces nearly double the power and runs almost as fast in the 1/8 mile as the JPC runs in the 1/4 mile. So yes, the cars are hard to compare. The MMR car is street driven occasionally and is a blast to drive on the street! It carries EVERY single piece of safety equipment required by NHRA. Our car was 100% built by us.... including the engine.

Everyone has a different opinion of what is streetable and what is not and we respect that. If JPC wants to claim that they were the first in the 7's, they are certainly welcome to, is it true....many would say it is debatable.

Again, congrats to the JPC guys.

Garrett%20MMR.jpg

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Glide. Not as fast as these guys yet, but hope to be there someday. I've got a weight advantage on them all, but a severe experience gap compared to the rest. I's got learning to do. (Some suspension and boost controller parts would be helpful too)

ahhh ok, cool thanks! :beer:

BMR Tech

These threads always end up good.

That said, another thing to keep in mind when comparing the MMR and the JPC car, is....the JPC car is utilizing all off the shelf suspension components, found on the majority of S197's on the road (daily drivers)

The MMR car, I would guess....is some type of ladder-bar or custom 4-link? That changes things drastically, in terms of how one views a street-car.

I give A LOT of props to these guys (JPC/Beef/Evo,Deuce etc) who are running into the 8's on mostly off the shelf parts, that are not "designed" per say, for the drag strip. And JPC cutting a 1.1 on stock style off the shelf suspension, that is nuts.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

it's gonna run once you got her all sorted out.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
These threads always end up good.

That said, another thing to keep in mind when comparing the MMR and the JPC car, is....the JPC car is utilizing all off the shelf suspension components, found on the majority of S197's on the road (daily drivers)

The MMR car, I would guess....is some type of ladder-bar or custom 4-link? That changes things drastically, in terms of how one views a street-car.

I give A LOT of props to these guys (JPC/Beef/Evo,Deuce etc) who are running into the 8's on mostly off the shelf parts, that are not "designed" per say, for the drag strip. And JPC cutting a 1.1 on stock style off the shelf suspension, that is nuts.

:)

Tommy@JPC

Established Member
I'm not trying to muddy up this thread, but it seems that's what you did.
Dude seriously.

So, I called out the world with my FULL WEIGHT Street car with factory trans. 3850lbs, a/c, factory trans that went 8.75 on pump e85 from the grocery store, driving it to and from the track and driving it every single day.
This is not what you showed up with in B.G. Past is the past.

Yes, JPC answered with a 3400lb glide, transbraked, no a/c, e98 race car.
Streetcar

They couldn't beat me with the factory trans, they couldn't beat me with the aftermarket trans, they couldn't beat me with the YSI.
Apples to oranges for anyone that doesn't know the combos. Any day you want to stick shift race bring it on :rockon:. Where we expected to go buy an entire 6r80 set up to prove we can out run you?

Once we get the tune sorted out on launch, the car will fly. We have already been 167mph with the car falling on it's face with a 1.76 60' taking 0 advanatage of first gear.
Don't talk about it, be about it. Get it done. Who cares what the MPH was with 60ft x.xx. Geez do we need to talk about DA' also lol, (da' = dumb a**)

So, my car is now a "race car" too, and we'll see what she brings out.
Yes it is.

Next year when they drive it with a truck behind it with drums of FTW E98/85 the same way they race it, to myrtle beach, i'll call it a 7 seconds street car. Should only cost about $2000-$3000 in fuel, lol.
How come if our car can run fast on E85 pump from the grocery store it's a race fuel? Just because we ran on E98 doesn't mean we can't smack those a**es on E85

Still, as I said before, Great time, and congrats on getting to the 7's.
Stop patronizing us. You might as well say "With all due respect" ricky bobby lol.

Bud

Established Member

I think JPC needs to put on a school on hooking. 1.19 on mostly bolt on suspension and a 275 is pretty damn incredible

poof100

Established Member
we'll be getting the ysi sorted out on the new trans before / if we add the spray to it.

The 4.0 Whipple I don't think can get there. They YSI, we'll see. I know Mitchell has been 8.2's with it in a different combo.

I'm anxious to try out the new trans.

Yeah, definitely want to see what the Glide does with the YSI. I'll be joining the "Glide club" this winter in prep for next year. :uh oh:

I think JPC needs to put on a school on hooking. 1.19 on mostly bolt on suspension and a 275 is pretty damn incredible

Yeah, a 1.1x 60' is approaching Outlaw car territory with mini tubs, ladder bars etc. The rear suspension on the JPC car is all bolt on, like BMR said, pretty damn impressive! :rockon:

86merc

Established Member

It takes more than just suspension and chassis tuning. Power delivery is huge with the power these cars are capable of making. Finding a way to get it to hook while ramping in the power as fast as you can, with out over powering the tires, is a challenge. But no one should underestimate suspension, chassis tuning as well as testing. Getting the power to the ground efficiently is what it is all about. Something the guys at JPC have done over and over again on different cars.

They are still sorting the car out and I can't wait to see what the end result is. The car is moving for sure!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It takes more than just suspension and chassis tuning. Power delivery is huge with the power these cars are capable of making. Finding a way to get it to hook while ramping in the power as fast as you can, with out over powering the tires, is a challenge. But no one should underestimate suspension, chassis tuning as well as testing. Getting the power to the ground efficiently is what it is all about. Something the guys at JPC have done over and over again on different cars.

They are still sorting the car out and I can't wait to see what the end result is. The car is moving for sure!

boost control outta the hole is key, and they def have it dialed in good there.

86merc

Established Member
boost control outta the hole is key, and they def have it dialed in good there.

yup. They said they hope to ramp it in quicker yet. Should be interesting to see if they can improve the 60' & 330' times. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread