JPC Goes 7.94@172

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So where is mmr with a congratulations??? Didn't they say in one thread, 'Let us know when you're in the 7's?"! JPC should call them from their cell phone as they drive the car down the road to eat dinner tonight!!!

Now that's funny. :pop:

I believe they congratulated them on their time in one of the other threads

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

There congrats didnt really count in the bowling green picture thread. All they are doing is saying the MMR car is still a street car... does the MMR car even run off a copperhead ECU?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There congrats didnt really count in the bowling green picture thread. All they are doing is saying the MMR car is still a street car... does the MMR car even run off a copperhead ECU?

I don't believe it does.

At the end of the day, I really don't consider any of these street cars anymore. Mine included.

You'll have arguments every direction there. Is JPC going to make the 800 mile drive to Mustang Week with the Glide in there? Doubt it.

Is MMR going to be driving there car anywhere. Doubt it.

Am I driving my car more than a mile or 2 Doubt it.

Is Evo / Justin going to be making long trips in the Goblin. Doubt it.

My car was a full weight street car up through the altlanta race. Once I started pulling weight outta the car, A/C , Stereo, ETc.. I don't really consider it a street car.

I've always said, A street car is how it came from the factory, or pretty close to it. You'll have arguments on all ends, cars didn't come with a/c years ago, cars came with glides / 400's, etc... years ago.

The debate will go on and on.

Deespeed99

Established Member
I don't believe it does.

At the end of the day, I really don't consider any of these street cars anymore. Mine included.

You'll have arguments every direction there. Is JPC going to make the 800 mile drive to Mustang Week with the Glide in there? Doubt it.

My car was a full weight street car up through the altlanta race. Once I started pulling weight outta the car, A/C , Stereo, ETc.. I don't really consider it a street car.

I've always said, A street car is how it came from the factory, or pretty close to it. You'll have arguments on all ends, cars didn't come with a/c years ago, cars came with glides / 400's, etc... years ago.

I actually agree 110% with this. A car that can be driven on the street is different then a "street car" to me.

poof100

Established Member

Aftermarket ECU on that Blue car. Also runs a different ignition system, Magneto etc.

Also, I don't think that car even has a radiator and most likely no alternator. :shrug:

Bud

Established Member
I don't believe it does.

I agree the debate about what is a street car is funny sometimes, everybody's idea of street is different. If the motor flows water and the car can get down the street to the local burger joint, or out on the highway for a few hours (a glide with tall rear end gears isn't the end of the world) it seems like a "street" car to me. Now is it a stock car that runs 7's, naw, but that isn't realistic

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Aftermarket ECU on that Blue car. Also runs a different ignition system, Magneto etc.

Also, I don't think that car even has a radiator and most likely no alternator. :shrug:

Thats what I was getting at. Terry only starts to get all into something when something he is sponsored by or cares about is involved.

People could be calling out JPC about the street car stuff and he wont say a word. Bring MMR into it and he will post up a storm.

Either way hopefully a glide has over a full second in for terry to catch up with the competition.

JPC's car might not be a 100% street car but there is no way MMR's is even close.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thats what I was getting at. Terry only starts to get all into something when something he is sponsored by or cares about is involved.

People could be calling out JPC about the street car stuff and he wont say a word. Bring MMR into it and he will post up a storm.

Either way hopefully a glide has over a full second in for terry to catch up with the competition.

JPC's car might not be a 100% street car but there is no way MMR's is even close.

I didn't post up a storm, someone said they should congratulate them. And all I said was they did, I read a congrats in one of the other threads. That's all I said.

Your the one that started the debate about their car being a street car. Not me. Your want to constantly argue about stuff.

And JPC doesn't have a full second on me.

This does not read as a shit storm to me.....

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I don't believe it does.

Who say's we wont drive it to the beach with a glide? The car actually drives really well with the glide and the 3.50 gears.

No reason why we can't roll down the windows and cruise to some tunes on the way down. We can still run pump gas as well so there's really nothing stopping us from driving it to events.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I didn't post up a storm, someone said they should congratulate them. And all I said was they did, I read a congrats in one of the other threads. That's all I said.

Your the one that started the debate about their car being a street car. Not me. Your want to constantly argue about stuff.

And JPC doesn't have a full second on me.

This does not read as a shit storm to me.....

If it was anyone else other then MMR you never would've posted a damn thing. Now they have a sticker on your car its a completely different story.

Remmember you called out the world, JPC answered and left a big bag of shit at your doorstep.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Who say's we wont drive it to the beach with a glide? The car actually drives really well with the glide and the 3.50 gears.

No reason why we can't roll down the windows and cruise to some tunes on the way down. We can still run pump gas as well so there's really nothing stopping us from driving it to events.

I didn't say you couldn't.

Again, the whole street car debate will always be that.

IMO, a late model car like this with a glide, is no longer a street car. That's my definition, everyone's is different.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If it was anyone else other then MMR you never would've posted a damn thing. Now they have a sticker on your car its a completely different story.

Remmember you called out the world, JPC answered and left a big bag of shit at your doorstep.

I'm not trying to muddy up this thread, but it seems that's what you did.

So, I called out the world with my FULL WEIGHT Street car with factory trans. 3850lbs, a/c, factory trans that went 8.75 on pump e85 from the grocery store, driving it to and from the track and driving it every single day.

Yes, JPC answered with a 3400lb glide, transbraked, no a/c, e98 race car.

That's not leaving a "shit bag" at my door.

They couldn't beat me with the factory trans, they couldn't beat me with the aftermarket trans, they couldn't beat me with the YSI.

Once we get the tune sorted out on launch, the car will fly. We have already been 167mph with the car falling on it's face with a 1.76 60' taking 0 advanatage of first gear.

If you don't think there is more left on the table, at 400 lbs lighter, with a transbrake then your sorely mistaken.

So, my car is now a "race car" too, and we'll see what she brings out.

Next year when they drive it with a truck behind it with drums of FTW E98/85 the same way they race it, to myrtle beach, i'll call it a 7 seconds street car. Should only cost about $2000-$3000 in fuel, lol.

Still, as I said before, Great time, and congrats on getting to the 7's.

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member

So, I called out the world with my FULL WEIGHT Street car with factory trans. 3850lbs, a/c, factory trans that went 8.75 on pump e85 from the grocery store, driving it to and from the track and driving it every single day.

Yes, JPC answered with a 3400lb glide, transbraked, no a/c, e98 street car.

They couldn't beat me with the factory trans,
With a MT82?

they couldn't beat me with the aftermarket trans
You mean the Magnum?

, they couldn't beat me with the YSI.
Again with the Magnum? Have you ever gone 9.0's with a stick?

Once we get the tune sorted out on launch, the car will fly. We have already been 167mph with the car falling on it's face with a 1.76 60' taking 0 advanatage of first gear.

If you don't think there is more left on the table, at 400 lbs lighter, with a transbrake then your sorely mistaken.

We're waiting.

Next year when they drive it with a truck behind it with drums of FTW E98/85 the same way they race it, to myrtle beach, i'll call it a 7 seconds street car. Should only cost about $2000-$3000 in fuel, lol.

I mean it takes me about 5 minutes to switch fuels, so I don't see why we need to drive it on FTW / E98 / E85. Our car is setup to run pretty much any fuel to make it easier for cruising the town. Just because we choose to save money and drive it on pump gas shouldn't make it any less of a car?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I mean it takes me about 5 minutes to switch fuels, so I don't see why we need to drive it on FTW / E98 / E85. Our car is setup to run pretty much any fuel to make it easier for cruising the town. Just because we choose to save money and drive it on pump gas shouldn't make it any less of a car?

Okay, so fill it up with 93, then take it back to the track, and post up the slips if the fuel doesn't make a difference.

I'll be waiting for that 7 second slip on 93

poof100

Established Member

Yes, JPC answered with a 3400lb glide, transbraked, no a/c, e98 race car.

They couldn't beat me with the factory trans, they couldn't beat me with the aftermarket trans, they couldn't beat me with the YSI.

Still, as I said before, Great time, and congrats on getting to the 7's.

Take off the Spray and see what your car does. JPC is now in the 7s on 1 Power Adder.

Again, the ONLY change JPC made to their car was to remove the Magnum Trans and replace it with a Powerglide and change the Air to Air to an Air to Water. Same interior, tires everything etc. The stick went 9.0s. The first time they put an "aftermarket" trans in (i.e. Glide) they went faster. This car still has the factory stereo, power windows etc and like Aaron mentions can quickly run on Pump gas.

Let's not take this further into a pissing match. You went 8s a while ago and congrats. JPC is now in the 7s and no one else is there. I personally don't see a YSI or 4.0 whipple getting into the 7s without the help of Nitrous, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Competition helps all of us go faster etc. Right now JPC is on top, people need to deal with that and until the next guy runs a 7, it's all talk from what I "HEAR". :poke:

Bud

Established Member
I didn't say you couldn't.

Again, the whole street car debate will always be that.

IMO, a late model car like this with a glide, is no longer a street car. That's my definition, everyone's is different.

New age motor technology + 1950's transmission technology ftw!

Okay, so fill it up with 93, then take it back to the track, and post up the slips if the fuel doesn't make a difference.

I'll be waiting for that 7 second slip on 93

Really?

Users who are viewing this thread