JPC Goes 7.94@172

D.T.R

Established Member
I owned a bad ass cobra for 5 years. It does not compare engine wise to the Coyotes.

I think i know what you mean, but just for confirmation purposes, it does not compare in what regard? which one if better to you and why?

Tommy@JPC

Established Member
I think i know what you mean, but just for confirmation purposes, it does not compare in what regard? which one if better to you and why?

The Coyote engine is a new design with new technology. Yes the Cobra cast iron block took more abuse but with technology happening in the Coyote world like the RGR C.S.S. system the aluminum block is showing it's strength. The Coyote heads are a better design all around including spark plug!! LOL.

My Cobra ran 9.94 @ 140mph @3760lbs, all boost with a 6speed IRS. It took me 28psi to run those numbers and it took YEARS to surpass that time. Granted I could have gone quicker if I had some of the more recent technology but I sold the car. I can tell you I doubt an 03 Cobra set up is rockin' 1200 rwhp + thru a 76mm

Eric@jpc

Established Member
RGR CSS system...details?

cyoblksupports_zpsc0c3fa3a.jpg

cyoblksupports003_zpsa30999bb.jpg

We developed a CNCed 6061 aluminum support system to help displace the force within the cylinder walls to a large area at the back of the coolant passage.(there is a lot of material here to hold force that these engines are making when cranked up)

So as you can see above there has been extensive time, and machine work in making what is the strongest most durable solution available for these blocks. A few things to point out are. The Billet aluminum is obviously a solid piece of material that will not flex or distort when being loaded. Also with it being aluminum we have been able to thread the insert in order to preload the support in a way that we are making a very solid and rigid structure to displace all the energy with in the cylinder while not overly distorting the sleeve of the engine. RGR spent a lot of time this past winter testing different pre loads to see what would create the strongest and most efficient solution. The last part to the support system is the where it meets the casting of the cylinder. We are using a 2 part German manufactured epoxy to fill any voids in the casting (basically the casting is a ruff finish where our billet support is smooth). The Only thing the Epoxy is being used for is to really fill that gap so you have a very good contact to the problem area. We wanted to use as little epoxy as possible, from our research we have found epoxy becomes less effective in elevated temperatures in glycol (antifreeze) after time it will start to deteriorate. So by using a very small amount that was designed for situations like this (200+ degrees in glycol) It will last and hold everything you can throw at it.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Do you guys sell the modified larger down pipe you guys used? what would be the additional cost for your single kit with the 76/85 ball bearing turbo and the larger downpipe?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Do you guys sell the modified larger down pipe you guys used? what would be the additional cost for your single kit with the 76/85 ball bearing turbo and the larger downpipe?

IM not sure how much, but we could make it happen.

If your serious about it we can talk and work it out!!

Thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread