JPC Breather Package

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
We'll we all know about the issues with oil getting into the intakes of the 2011+ cars.

Some people opt to go with the JLT unit which is a great piece and we have them on our web store.

We just wanted to let you all know we offer a breather package for those who want to vent the PCV gases/oil atmosphere.

The JLT oil separator and our package are both available on our site.

Breather Package - 2011+ GT/Boss Breather Package

Breather2.png

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Nice.. I thought the vaccume was need for good ring seal.

You dont get vacuum at WOT. Only idling around town. If your thinking like a vacuum pump yes this will help since it pulls a vacuum at all times. so you can run a lighter ring pack on your piston to create less drag.

Basically with this set up your making sure nothing but fresh clean air makes it in to the engine.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
You dont get vacuum at WOT. Only idling around town. If your thinking like a vacuum pump yes this will help since it pulls a vacuum at all times. so you can run a lighter ring pack on your piston to create less drag.

Basically with this set up your making sure nothing but fresh clean air makes it in to the engine.

Wont this mess with a stock cars tune or cause it to throw a code/light?

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Yea I'm interested , will this work with just blocking off the vacuum ports , nothing else is affected ??

RFM50

Established Member
I got this setup from jpc about 2 months ago and it works great. The one thing I did find interesting is that on the passenger side I am running the gt500 Pcv valve and the filter is nice and clean but on the drivers side, I left the stock one place because of everyone saying the drivers side isn't as bad but that filter is now dark from oil. It may be different because I am running a Paxton.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
This work ok with the tvs setup?

I'd have to look at what we need to make the driver side work. I dont have a car here with a tvs to work off of.

I got this setup from jpc about 2 months ago and it works great. The one thing I did find interesting is that on the passenger side I am running the gt500 Pcv valve and the filter is nice and clean but on the drivers side, I left the stock one place because of everyone saying the drivers side isn't as bad but that filter is now dark from oil. It may be different because I am running a Paxton.

Well all of the oil you see on the filter is what would have gone through your engine. Good thing you made the switch :)

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
So basically on the catch can setup the oil that ends up in the can is from driving around town but when your racing @ wot there is no vacuum as you said so no oil is deposited in the can ?? Or does the crank case pressure force oil into the intake @ wot ?? And why is the passenger side more prone to oil traveling to the intake ??

5.0GT

Established Member
Mind my lack of knowledge, but were do these actually go? Would they work as efficient as the catch can?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
These will work on procharged cars to, right?

Yep just fine

Mind my lack of knowledge, but were do these actually go? Would they work as efficient as the catch can?

They mount right ontop of the valve covers. They work just like a catch can except they release the gases to atmosphere.

Any pics of these mounted?

207887_200895209941065_6981583_n.jpg

Any oil smell from the vapors coming out. Ive had a few cars that were very noticable smell around the car and when the ac is on.

You will occasionally get a scent of oil

I emailed u regarding a setup I had in mind let me know if got it

I got it! I saw it hit my inbox last night, you should have a response fairly soon.

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
do they get gunked up with oil after extended use? Just wondering since if oil was getting into the intake via the those hoses would it not also get on the little filters as well? Or is that fact that there is no vacuum from the intake mitigate that?

Users who are viewing this thread