JPC Breather Package

stang8psi

Established Member
ive heard around town the jlt isnt as effective as it states. just a glorified ebay unit.
i will be getting the jpc kit next.

It catches some but from my experiences it lets a **** ton blow by! enough to where it's going through my manifold and burning in my combustion chamber and coming out as smoke, Shit just started to happen the past few days.

stewarts2008

Established Member
It catches some but from my experiences it lets a **** ton blow by! enough to where it's going through my manifold and burning in my combustion chamber and coming out as smoke, Shit just started to happen the past few days.

so did you order these for your paxton set up?

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Are these or any other PCV catch can considered "smog legal". Meaning I won't have to swap back to the stock setup when it comes time for inspection and testing? Or does it even raise a red flag to an inspector?

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Got mine in today and put them on... 5-10min job if you dont have a 2 year old trying to "help" 30-45 mins if you do lol
011.jpg

BlackFive.0

Established Member
just put mine on today. i also was changing throttle body and noticed oil inside boss manifold and have been running twin jlt cans. obviously not doing their job. no worry now. but does anyone recommend what to clean the intake with?

Yagermeister

Established Member
RFM50, be careful running two GT500 pcv valves. The breather kit is a great idea and quality piece from JPC.

The passenger side is fine running the GT500 pcv valve since it already had a check valve (we're just installing a "bigger" check valve). The driver side does not have a check valve at all and when I did the same thing as you did (adding a second GT500 pcv valve) it overpressurized my crankcase and blew out my front crank seal. I only run the passenger side GT500 pcv valve now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
^good to know

I left the pvc valves stock on mine, i noticed a minute amount of oily residue on the driver side coil covers, but very minute to where I think the stock driver pvc is fine.

Gizmo5

Established Member
I run a moroso can and have both sides tee'd off to the can, and then the can to the intake tube. It's basically an all encompassing enclosed way of doing this. However, I have been on the verge of buying these little breathers just because I like how the look. Have any of you experienced any oil misting or residue in the engine bay? I'm a neat freak when it comes to my bay, and I'd flip out if I got any mist residue on stuff.

Here's my setup for a visual
78fc10dea9da330d6d53ac140b99dfa1_zpse7206944.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread