JPC Breather Package

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
anyone recommend a good cleaner for the breathers? they get pretty saturated about 5k and simple green just does OK

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
My drivers side is dirtier then my passenger side i think they are woking great ...

Yeah I noticed this immediately when I first installed mine months ago. The drivers side always looked 10X worse than the passenger side, which seemed to break the logic that the passenger side is worse than the drivers side for the catch cans.

I just have come to the conclusion that the catch can logic went out the window when the PVC system was compromised.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Could you run some tubes from the PCVs to relocate these filters elsewhere, somewhere where the dirty vapors wouldnt coat everything perhaps?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Mine have been in the car 3 maybe 4 months and I really don't see engine oil everywhere. Wiping different parts of the engine that look dirty doesn't show engine oil.

From what I have seen, the guys with FI of some kind are the ones who really have it spray everywhere. Long as you clean them very few thousand miles or so they seem to keep from even dripping everywhere. Least mine haven't and they have been cleaned every 1000-1500 miles.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have a Paxton, no oil spray at all, sometimes i smell the vapors but its not a bad smell its very minimal!

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
with the filters on the breathers, what do you do with the hoses? Like where they were connected to?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
with the filters on the breathers, what do you do with the hoses? Like where they were connected to?

huh? the hoses come off the car...if you get the JPC kit it has two breathers and two block offs for where the hoses connected to the manifold and to the intake.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
huh? the hoses come off the car...if you get the JPC kit it has two breathers and two block offs for where the hoses connected to the manifold and to the intake.

doesn't one of the hoses go to the driver side firewall? to some emissions canister or something? Kind of near the intake sound tube.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
someone post a pic of this set up on a stock motor please?

Mostly stock...

ry%3D400

Clean.

Users who are viewing this thread