Votes: 18 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

willyum

Fast Enough!
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
Tucker I just had an idea, if guys have the STB why not just extend the black rubber tubing a bit further so it would fit under the STB and then have the tube right after the STB so they still get that big shot of air into the motor?

That wouldn't work either, because the rubber would heat up and collapse. That happened to me at the track when the Denscharger unit first came out (they actually changed the design because it happened to so many people with stb's). My car actually turned off while I was attempting to race. It took a week for us to figure it out. We had to put it on the dyno and you could see the tube sucking in, which cut off the air flow to the engine and of coarse that turned off the engine.

I am in the same boat as you other stb guys. I like to go on roads coarses and the extra bracing is helpful. So, I live with the BBK, but I hate it. :shrug:

GodStang

Established Member
Just some info: Done on same day on same dyno 0n a 2001 SVT Cobra. A dynojet. Mods where FR500 exhaust and P&P intake and Steeda Under drive pullies.

JLTvsBBK.jpg

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Nice dyno chart. Good info! I gotta get rid of this POS BBk. I cant stand it. Its embarassing to lift my hood for someone and they see the doudle sided soft sticky tape i have on the strut tower to stop the rattling. JTL= Next mod!

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
Godstang, that was very similar to my graph, the JLT takes over up top, but down low, pretty even with my former MAC, as it appears was case with BBK, pretty even on the low rpms. Good numbers!

Tucker

01cobravortech said:
Go WMS Racing intake all the way! www.wmsracing.com. No need to worry about the rain either, like you have to worry with the JLT.
Why do you have to worry about rain with the JLT?

The only concern is 10-12" of standing water. You don't want to submerge the filter. Getting it wet is not a issue.

Tucker said:

The only concern is 10-12" of standing water. You don't want to submerge the filter. Getting it wet is not a issue.

Regarding the JLT and the rain, this is what I've heard other members on SvtPerformance tell me prior to my buying a CAI. If their testimony is bogus, then I retract what I wrote.

Tucker said:

Regarding the JLT and the rain, this is what I've heard other members on SvtPerformance tell me prior to my buying a CAI. If their testimony is bogus, then I retract what I wrote. I should note that the 4 guys who told me this said that I should go with the JLT RAI. They claimed that the JLT CAI that goes into the fender well can possibly suck up water because of how deep it goes into the well.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
its a myth about JLT and the rain. I dont think there's been any instance of engine flooding due to the JLT intake. The design is no worse then the Denscharger in that aspect.

cobraracer46

Banned
Screamin Cobra said:
JLT without a doubt, WHAT ABOUT K&N Fipk?
I would say that the K&N FIPK cold air kit is better because for one thing, it actually looks like something that was made in a factory instead of some ones back yard garage and Ford Racing performance parts liked it enough to put it on it's own 650HP 04 Cobra.

Tucker

cobraracer46 said:
I would say that the K&N FIPK cold air kit is better because for one thing, it actually looks like something that was made in a factory instead of some ones back yard garage and Ford Racing performance parts liked it enough to put it on it's own 650HP 04 Cobra.
Funny man :D
Backyard :lol:

RioRed4v

Established Member
mine was very far from backyard quality. definitely looked alot better than a flat black plastic intake tube.

whitehorsegt

"Tampa Stock"
Established Member
i have a kenny brown stb...the jlt cai wont work right?..how bout the kit with the filter and heat cover one?

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Serpentor said:
its a myth about JLT and the rain. I dont think there's been any instance of engine flooding due to the JLT intake. The design is no worse then the Denscharger in that aspect.

I was worried about driving mine in the rain when leaving on a trip one time. It was pooring out..but my car only choked with I would get behind the spray of a semi or when getting into R's above 3000. Other than that I worked fine.
JLT CAI.

99cobranix

Rice Eater
Established Member
Originally Posted by cobraracer46

Originally Posted by Tucker
Funny man
Backyard
01-26-2006 01:44 PM

LMFAO!!!! The JLT is awesome, and install on CAI isn't bad. I'm from FL, and we get...a little bit of rain there...no problems with any cold air intake of any brand that I know. I think this is just an urban legend that won't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread