• MAC

Votes: 18 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smuggler

Banned
Crackerballer said:
I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone said "Damn that's a big intake' when I popped my hood.
I got one of those today, actually.
And it does look huge in there.
Gotta have the oversized plumbing.

Firme

Established Member
notchstang92 said:
Most companies will tell you that you need a strut tower brace if you are going to run coilovers. If this is true then those of use w/ coilovers wouldn't want to not have one. I guess people have done it w/o one before and the strut towers start to lean in. Not sure if its true or not. There was a post on corner-carvers.com about the STBs and that they really are a benefit.

Vendors will claim alot of things, but owners are the best source sometimes. Maybe I can help you out with my actual experience. After running coil-overs for about two months without an STB, I put one on. IMHO, no coil-over Mustang should ever go without an STB (yes we are talking for handling not drag coil-overs). The coil-overs don't do their job on our cars without it. The best way I can describe it is the difference between no SFC and good SFC, but on your front suspension. I could actually FEEL the coil-overs working after the STB install vs. alot of flexing and steering geometry changes under load before hand. Handling improved dramatically obviously. (yes the only difference in the before and after impression was the STB install, I already had SFC's)

LordJish

Established Member
What is the STB issue and what does it mean if I buy the JLT for my Cobra? I was also looking at the K&N intake kit.

AzDropTop

Established Member
LordJish said:
What is the STB issue and what does it mean if I buy the JLT for my Cobra? I was also looking at the K&N intake kit.

You can not use a STB with the JLT. Not enough room. Blow off the STB and go with the JLT. :)

LordJish

Established Member
Sorry, I must have phrased my question wrong. What is a STB? I'm guessing its a brace that goes across the engine and mounts on the shock mounting points for lack of a better term.

JM
01 Cobra

Frogger

Established Member
What about Desencharger v JLT i just would like to know because i am running Desencharger Full length and when i got it on i feelt the diffrence but never dyno it after.

Anybody out there running Desencharger also? What is diffrence with numbers on dyno between Desencharger and JLT?

Last edited:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
i ran the Densecharger. and i felt a SOTP diff between the stock airbox. when i threw in the JLT. i felt awhole new SOTP feel. :)

Stitch

Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
i ran the Densecharger. and i felt a SOTP diff between the stock airbox. when i threw in the JLT. i felt awhole new SOTP feel. :)

where do you buy a jlt cai from?

OrangeMachine

Established Member
smuggler said:
Holy shit.
I guess the poll speaks for itself.

I couldn't agree more.

Who the hell voted for the Mac? I bet a Mac intake will COST you power, lol. Everyone sell your intakes and support Tucker, because 1. He made an awesome product. 2. He is the definition of customer service 3. They look as awesome as they perform 4. It is just about the best bang for your buck out there right now. "nough said.
34ab10d6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread