JLT intake

chuckstang

Established Member
Quick question, if you go with the JLT CAI , will you need to retune your car? my car was already tuned with a custom chip with my current mpds, but just wandering if I will need to retune it? thx

NXSVTCOBRA

chuckstang said:
Quick question, if you go with the JLT CAI , will you need to retune your car? my car was already tuned with a custom chip with my current mpds, but just wandering if I will need to retune it? thx

shouldnt have to

Tucker

chuckstang said:
What intake set up were you tuned with?
No matter what you won't "have" to tune, BUT.... being tuned for the air volume and temp your "were" getting and putting in a ton more cooler air your computer will most likly compensate and add fuel and maybe pull timing.

In order to get all the power you "should" re tune or at least have the A/F checked.
For those with no tune the same applys, but not as much.
With any mod, you WILL benifit from a tune. These cars are smart.
As you can see from the A/F graphs the JLT made most all my test cars rich. Tuning at the same time would result in even more power.
Again, not a must.
Hope this helps.
Jay

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
after i get my JLT, imma get a A/F dyno. Thanks Jay, for calling me back.didt know if you wanted my GF to give you here the CC #'s :shrug: . anyways. i did put down JLT Kit in True Blue,MAF Adap,S&BFilter,S&B breathers,colored apron. right ?? just making sure i got everything :thumbsup:

Tucker

01BlueCOBRA said:
after i get my JLT, imma get a A/F dyno. Thanks Jay, for calling me back.didt know if you wanted my GF to give you here the CC #'s :shrug: . anyways. i did put down JLT Kit in True Blue,MAF Adap,S&BFilter,S&B breathers,colored apron. right ?? just making sure i got everything :thumbsup:
Got it, going out tomorrow.
Thanks and let us know what you think.
Jay

NXSVTCOBRA

01BlueCOBRA said:
installed it yet ?? ;-)

LOL, im kinda missing a motor...... nah man im rebuilding, i just got the parts today, gotta wait for my crank to get back from the machine shop then its on from there

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
Quick question, with the JLT system, appearance is as important to me as performance since I primarily show the car. Would I be able to order it painted in my color and does the paint hold up.........Thanks for the time

Last edited by a moderator:

Tucker

99E.GreenSnake said:
Quick question, with the JLT system, appearance is as important to me as performance since I primarily show the car. Would I be able to order it painted in my color and does the paint hold up.........Thanks for the time
I have 1 E Green left and yes it holds up fine.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread