"It's just a Mustang."

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
as for me, when someone asks what I have, I'll start out with just a mildly modded Mustang.. "what year" 03.. what type.. Cobra, that's if they want to dig deep enough to ask what type it is.. then if they are really interested, I'll pop the hood and watch them, for the most part go ape over how huge the engine is and the supercharger..

Mustang289

Established Member
First off there's nothing wrong with "It's just a Mustang" - the Mustang has gone down in the history books as one of the most popular automobiles in history. Although our terms are in the Mustang family, it's a far different car than a 2003/2004 MustangGT.

cobracide

Established Member
So I pull up to the gas station, start filling my tank and a kid 18? pulls up in an old Blazer. He walks over and starts asking me the usual "is that a Cobra" ect. He says his friend just got one and thought it had 390hp. I give him the mod list and open the hood... He starts getting really excited and asks if we can go for a ride. Long story short, gets in and we go to the CLEAR freeway entrance ramp and I hit it. He grabs for the imaginary "oh shit" handle as we are pinned back in the passenger seat from the torque. By the time we are at the end of the entrance ramp, I am going +100. We are both grinning ear to ear from then on until I let him off back at the gas station. I think he had as much fun as I did in my Mustang. : )

Truth is, it could have happened in almost any souped up car. We are here because we have all chosen the Terminator as our weapon of choice.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I totally understand the personal passion for a particular muscle car model. I used to own a 1994 Camaro Z28 heavily modified by Callaway Cars. Had every option in their catalog (including their Vette engine) except the body kit. Had the car completely repainted by their paint shop. It was more to me than it was to anyone else. In reality it was just a Camaro. To me, it was an exclusive custom muscle car in which I poured my money and time into. My daughter gave me a framed photo in 1999 engraved with 'Poppy's Pride & Joy'. THAT was exactly what it was to me. My pride and joy. Nobody else could possible fully understand that it could never be "just a Camaro" to me. I can understand the passion people have for their cars.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
I was reluctant to leave my wife Subaru in the covered parking garage at the airport for 2 nights... but I had basically no other choice. leaving my cobra at an airport is definitely NOT an option for me.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
some people don't understand... my uncle drives a 5 year old BMW 525i (240 factory rated hp), and thinks that no matter what the hp numbers on his car vs my cobra reads that his car is faster because it's BMW, and mine is a "Plastic Ford" as he calls it.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
this thread is kinda of funny... I used to drive a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4, and used to catch hella shit, even by my car guy friends... simply because it was a Neon. I can handle the occasional "it's just a mustang" comment

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I don't blame the OP for not wanting to leave it at the airport. Considering how many have been stolen (especially in So. Florida), which car would most likely to be stolen? The "Mustang Cobra", or the "Mustang" parked next to it (or a few rows down for that matter)?

If I have to leave a car at the airport, it'll be my beater. It's like the Braves were several years ago when they couldn't buy a win. One guy parked his convertible at the mall with the top down and 2 Braves tickets sitting on the dash. When he returned to his car, there were 4 Braves tickets on the dash. That wouldn't happen with a Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread