"It's just a Mustang."

Ratchet

Established Member
Mistake me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it say mustang on the dash?
I believe it also says it in the little plastic moldings in the door sills....lol People say it to me... I don't really care. I know what it is....lol

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
The guys I work with always tell people "Him and his wife have fast Mustangs"....I step back and then pull the trigger....I say..

"K lets go over this quick, a Mustang says...nnnnnnannanaaaaaaay or sounds associated with a HORSE. The Cobra says, SSSssssSSSSSSSS. Kindergarten guys. What? You sleep through that part of class to?" Then we all laugh.

Now they do it just to get a laugh:beer:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
most of the time people who can't really tell could give a crap less what the car is because they don't really care and will forget even seeing it within an hour.

People who like cars and have one of their own immediately respect them.
before i went out and got a cobra id be in the car with friends driving places and when mustangs drove by wouldn't say anything but as soon as someone saw a cobra it was guys look a cobra (as we all almost wreck the car trying to look)

so for what its worth to people who like cars its defiantly a big statement and isn't just any old mustang.

:poke:

Arboc_tvs

Established Member
Mistake me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it say mustang on the dash?

Yep, says Mustang on the dash, doorsills, and owner's manual. It also came with a pony in the grill and one on the windshield right behind the review mirror. It's a Mustang.

A badass Mustang.

My new favorite hobby is to let new Camaro owners tell me how fast their car is, then give them a ride in my Mustang.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'm not sure why you guys are getting caught up on whether or not is says "Mustang" anywhere? Of course it's a freaking Mustang, nobody denied that, but isn't just a Mustang - that is the whole point. If it was, then none of us would have paid the extra 10k, or more for the Cobra. I just don't get why people are getting so hung up on the semantics, when the OP was just stating that HIS Cobra IS SPECIAL TO HIM, and it is not just a Mustang, which is true, so what's the issue?:bash:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
im pretty sure it dosnet say muctang on any party of the car..??

so its a cobra... :bash: :cuss:

I see we have another uneducated noob on the line. It depends on the year. My 95 is a cobra ... but it says mustang on the bumper and it was that way for a number of years.

oh wait you said muctang ... you are correct. NONE of the cobras say muctang on them on any party of the car.

yes indeed you will make a nice addition to the bubbling cauldron of noob soup.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I've owned an 85 F-150, 03 Lightning, and 10 Raptor and guess what at the end of the day they are still just F-150s.

yeppers at the end of the day they are still just f-150s... on steroids

va boy

Established Member
I see we have another uneducated noob on the line. It depends on the year. My 95 is a cobra ... but it says mustang on the bumper and it was that way for a number of years.

oh wait you said muctang ... you are correct. NONE of the cobras say muctang on them on any party of the car.

yes indeed you will make a nice addition to the bubbling cauldron of noob soup.

I LOL'd, "bubbling cauldron of noob soup", you sir are a wordsmith!

rudyrivera1189

Established Member
Whenever, people point and ask "is that your mustang?" I just say yeah it's a cobra.. When they ask "what's a cobra?" I just reply "to make it simple for you it's a mustang on roids."

Fuerza

Established Member
How does everyone react when they get the "Its just a Mustang" comment? When I first hear this I :dw: followed by :nonono:.

A coworker didn't understand why I did not want to leave it in long term airport parking while gone on a business trip. I didn't want to leave it out in the weather, or open to theft/vandalism. I got the "why its just a Mustang" comment after voicing my concerns.

When I got comments like that I didn't bother to explain the differences between Mustang's, Mustang GT's, Mustang Mach 1's and Mustang Cobra's. Too some people an automobile is to get you from one place to another, why waste your time and their time trying to educate and get them to believe otherwise. They most likely don't care and won't really give a crap about what you are telling them.

I personally don't blame you for long term parking, that is self explanatory but then again to some people a automobile is just like I said earlier, something to get you from point A to point B.

Those that know what a Mustang Cobra is, will most likely ask you more about what your driving than the average person. Those are the ones that I will give them a few extra minutes of my time and give them details.

As far as the "it's just a Mustang". I think we as automotive fanatics have gotten away from our roots. The car's in this forum are all Mustangs. It is the Termi, Terminator, Cobra, fanatic in us that gives this car its identity, "Terminator" 2003-2004 Supercharged Cobra.

zeusha

Established Member
I dunno, I have owned 3 Mustangs in my life but they have ALWAYS been my secondary car that I ride back and forth to work and on trips I never had a crazy one that I dumped money in. I must admit, I would spend a grand on my 02 Anniversary SS before I would on my Termi ... they are for 2 different purposes. But no matter if your a (WHATEVER) car company lover ... fact is, it takes a special person to get mad at the "it's just a ... (WATEVER)" it means your a car guy and for that I love it man rock on!.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
fact is, it takes a special person to get mad at the "it's just a ... (WATEVER)" it means your a car guy and for that I love it man rock on!.
oh please :rollseyes this is like saying you're not a car guy if you pay someone to do your engine work, and there are people stupid enough to say that too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread