It's just a GT...

Three21

Established Member
The car's looking great man, I like your 'no stone left unturned' approach. I might have missed it, but what Corbeaus are those? Are they much lighter than the stockers?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
evrything looks great BUT i wouldnt have painted the stuff with a spray can, i would either A)paid someone to spray it B) powder coated it

Well considering there is mixed opinions on powdercoating the eatons concerning that they either trap to much heat or destroy the back bearings I went with a spray can. The car will be getting a built motor in a few years so everything will be pulled and powdercoated at that time.

The car's looking great man, I like your 'no stone left unturned' approach. I might have missed it, but what Corbeaus are those? Are they much lighter than the stockers?

Thanks man, I believe before attaching the brackets they weigh in at 24 pounds. Just judging by lifting them they were slightly lighter than the stock leather seats and I know the brackets weigh a bit less than factory brackets as well. I wasn't really aiming for weight savings, more for improving comfort and support over the terrible stock seats.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Update time!

Few changes are going to be underway in the very near future with the car. This years rounds of mods are going to be..

-4" H.O. Fibertrends cowl hood
-New GT bumper without those gaudy "mustang" letters in it
-Different set of wheels

And finally putting the built trans in which will be going in with the following:
-03 cobra aluminum flywheel
-11" 26 spline promotion clutch (exact choice TBD)
-every piece that can be replaced while the trans is out will be
-aluminum driveshaft

I already have the car registered for a show in Louisville Kentucky on March 22nd called Water by the Bridge which is a primarily European show (VW/Audi/BMW) but other makes are allowed to go. Friend of mine and I have a few air-cooled volkswagen projects to button up first then it'll be time to finally do something with my car. Hope everyone else's projects are going good this winter and I know I'm excited to start mine! I'll get some teaser pictures up this weekend!

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
That is an awesome transformation I love what you have done with the entire car. Great work with the entire build.

This gave me the motivation to get a new carpet for mine. I need to pick up some nice front seats as well. Mine are trashed.

superstang01

Established Member
Ahhh, gotcha. It looks great! I'm stoked to get my cobra front end on as well! I think the wingless trunk and cobra front on mine should go together well. Always loved the wingless look. That 2.6 will be nasty, ecspecially since you have the bottom end to handle it. I'm just trying to prolong the life of mine and then someday when it goes ill do everything all at once.

Thanks man! The wheels are definitely my favorite part! I plan on going down to either a 3.4 pulley or a 3.1 pulley I'm not sure. I'd like to stay around 10psi.

I am running the 2.93 pulley on my Tork Tech....makes 11psi and it made 425rwhp 444rwtq

clc44

Established Member
Awesome work man. Love seeing people work on the 2V and commit to it. So easy to run for something faster. Built motor and a turbo could do wonders in a 2V. Good luck with your future plans. I'm sub'd!

Kyle5.0

still wishing
Established Member
Progress is looking good!

You wouldnt happen to still have that red corbeau would you?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Went and started the car for the first time since October last night, man I miss this car. Putting the new tranny in today!!! Will update with info about how it goes and install pictures later!

It takes a lot longer to add pictures now since Tapatalk doesn't allow you to post pictures with it.

Kyle5.0

still wishing
Established Member
Sure do, love the FR500's man. I've been considering picking up a set and doing like them myself.

Thanks man! The xxrs look great on your car

If you ever consider selling the seat just let me know

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
UPDATE TIME!

Started the transmission swap this weekend, things went smoothly for the most part. All except the part where the VIN number of my car has an X in it in the 8th spot denoting that I have a windsor block aka an 8 bolt crank. However when I remove my factory flywheel come to find out the car really is a Romeo block with a 6 bolt crank.. So my brand new aluminum flywheel that I orded for an 8 bolt crank car wont work :fm: There's a lot of things that my car has/doesn't have being an 01 car that really have me scratching my head and I'll likely start another thread to see others experiences.

So currently I'm stuck waiting for my stock steel flywheel to get resurfaced and am just going to re-use that. Promotion Powertrain recomended a steel flywheel for cars under 500 to the tires anyways so I guess I can't really be to mad about it all. Now I just need to call the T45 source and hope I can return the 8 bolt flywheel.

Snapped a few pictures this weekend, nothing to exciting I'll likely have the trans back in the car by the middle of this week and will update more. For anyone contemplating a trans swap and thinking its tough, it is not at all. The hardest part was getting the top starter bolt and top two trans to block bolts. That took lots of patience, extensions and some bloody knuckles but the rest of it really is smooth sailing.

Cluth disk and Pressure Plate from Promotion Powertrain
clutch.jpg

First time the car has seen daylight since May of 2013.
outside.jpg

Up on jack stands in the garage, and I'm loving the custom plate I got!
jackedup.jpg

Out with the old in with the new. T45 Street Heat package from the T45 source complete with all the goodies and a 26 spline input shaft.
trans.jpg

And my painter sent me this picture over the weekend of getting my 03 cobra hood and GT bumper without the word "mustang" on it painted.
hoodandbumper.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread