It's just a GT...

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Awesome job! I always loved your car and now it's really gonna be sick when it's done. Those 315 look pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much man! I really appreciate it!

What 8 rib pulleys did you use?

The back of the pulley bridge that runs the original accessory belt remains 6 rib. Then the tensioner pulley, idlers, piggyback crank pulley and blower are all 8 rib. Tork Tech supplies the pulleys, however I did go with a Metco idler on the front more for looks than anything. Disappointingly the second 90mm Metco won't fit with how they have you mount your alternator.

Awesome!

Quick question; what is the temp of the Stat that they supply? (remote mounted stat housing)

Thanks! Tork Tech doesn't supply you with a thermostat. It's up to the indidival on what to go with, I think they suggest a 180, which is what I'm running but they pretty much leave almost everything up to the owner.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
You guys are going to force me to start working on mine again, aren't you......One recommendation , try to get the air cleaner out of the engine bay and into the fenderwell, since I currently don't run an intercooler, and I was never happy with the way the bay type air cleaner sealed up, I placed it into the fenderwell and it was noticeably cooller on the intake air...FWIW

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I did a lot of reading concerning that issue, and it seemed like it was relatively agreed upon that the only time having the filter in the fender was "better" was sitting still. I truly think it's more of a looks thing than performance, I ran it this way last year non-intercooled so I don't have any personal experience to argue the issue but I can see what your saying. But considering the 3 gallon tank in the trunk to help combat IAT's I think ill be ok in that regard.

But yes get back to working on yours! :beer:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Here's a cheap trick then, when you run the car, with the filter in that location, pop the headlight out on that side, it's like a direct tunnel to the air box.

Img_0516.jpg

froush

Established Member
Here's a cheap trick then, when you run the car, with the filter in that location, pop the headlight out on that side, it's like a direct tunnel to the air box.

Img_0516.jpg

or you could make a sweet headlight like mine. Same thing except it looks better.
IMG_20130323_133803_416_zpsca10ea34.jpg

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Update from last night, did some wet sanding and polishing on my chiseled intercooler tank, looks tremendously better than it did. Lighting kind of sucked in the garage last night after it was dark so didnt get a chance to snap a picture.

Wired up the intercooler pump and pumped water through the system, check all my lines and hoses, and everything I did looks good. Then I make it to where the hoses enter the intercooler through the front of the intake manifold. Tork Tech supplies you two "tubes" that are O-ringed that slide into the manifold. They look to be multiple pieces originally then they are epoxied together. And of course BOTH mine are leaking very slowly from there, fantastic. They are a total PITA to get to with the blower and front cross brace assembly on.

Tonight I plan to get the front bumper put on, the trunk all finished up and the back seats in the car. Tomorrow I need to mess with my IAC because the car runs properly and doesn't have any idle hang but when it's cold it doesn't like to stay running, have to give it a little throttle to keep it going for a few seconds then it smooths out. I know it's IAC related because I put a "restrtrictor" gasket in and it's had that issue since. Ill get some more pics up tomorrow hopefully of the front bumper installed!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Damn man, car looks great! I hate reading threads like this. It makes me want to spend an entire weekend in my garage ripping things apart lol.

Haha thanks man! Hopefully it'll help get you pumped up for your Tork Tech install! I'm interested to see how yours turns out when it's all done!

trxcobra

Established Member
Looks awesome!! Love the wheels, although I am a little biased haha

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Last night I managed to get the tank bolted down in the trunk, the back seats put in and the permanent wiring for the intercooler pump ran. (It's going to a key on toggle switch) and last but not least a buddy of mine came to lend me a hand putting the brand new front bumper on! I think it looks absolutely awesome!

Btw for those of you who may be considering a cobra bumper conversion I have over 700 dollars in just what you see there, it's not a cheap venture to buy everything new but it looks ohhhhh so good!

atujy4um.jpg

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Looks great man! I love my Cobra bumper. What hood are you going to be running?

A factory 03/04 cobra hood, I got an amazing deal local on one! The guy didnt know what it was worth, I paid 175 dollars and it was pristine! It's even geniune ford too. It's at the painters right now along with the trunk getting the holes filled in. I'm picking both those up Friday :)

Users who are viewing this thread