It's just a GT...

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
First off thanks everyone for checking this out, hopefully everyone enjoys the content. There's lots and lots of stuff to cover in this, Tork Tech, Corbeau, XXR, Toyo Proxes drag radials, LFP, trunk mounted intercooler reservoir, and way more!

A little back story on the car, it's a 2001 GT, bought it bone stock a little over 2 years ago, the kid never cleaned it and knew nothing about it. Last winter I put the blower on the car and ran it all last year on 8psi with Tork Techs starter tune. It was tons of fun, but this winter I decided I was going to take everything that I'd done, and refine it to what I hope will be worthy of showcar status someday. I've been collecting parts since last October for it and about 2 weeks ago I finally drug it out of storage to bring home and start working on it!

So on to the pictures, feel free to post up your feelings and comments!

UPDATE ON THE END OF PAGE 4 WITH NEW T45SOURCE TRANSMISSION INSTALL.

ANOTHER SHORT UPDATE ON PAGE 5 WITH SOME INFO SINCE THE TRANSMISSION WAS PUT IN.

Here's the car literally the first day I bought it, nice and all but ugly wheels and in a dire need of a cleaning!

4u3u7u8e.jpg

This was the look it had the first summer, cleaned it up, threw on some tenth anniversaries, yanked the wing off and enjoyed it!

9y8uzese.jpg

5uqeza6e.jpg

zypa4y3a.jpg

Fast forward to last spring time, just finished putting the eaton on.

ja4upape.jpg

3yvusaza.jpg

Swapped wheels midway through the year.. The cars going on it's 5th set of wheels and tires this spring in 2 years.

ujehegy5.jpg

Now we are up to date on putting it away last winter, it sat in storage from October up until 2 weeks ago on v6 wheels and tires, no hood, and no bumper. All winter long the UPS, FedEx, and post office drivers pretty much made delivering parts an everyday occurrence.

A couple noteable items..

ugu7ahy5.jpg

uryjuqej.jpg

usugupeb.jpg

ymu4u4yb.jpg

enypy3ej.jpg

Now hopefully I've peaked a little interest, yes the Corbeau seats are truly nicer than the pictures look. (I know you were wondering anyways) and hell yeah I'm doing gold wheels! So cars still in storage, but I'm feeling like doing something so I went and pulled the blower off.. Time to get out the wire wheel and sandpaper it's painting time!

9ade6utu.jpg

Shaved the snout, no more ford and svt logos!

2yhahu3a.jpg

he7evezy.jpg

uruqytuj.jpg

vymury4e.jpg

ute4utar.jpg

Now that the blower is done, it was time to bolt the lower intercooler up to it! Tork tech so graciously sent me one of those for a large sum of money, but hey what can you do.

Adapter plate, because why should it bolt right up?

3ere2a9a.jpg

vumajyma.jpg

So once I put the supercharger back on, it was time to fire the car up and make sure everything was ok, after all it had sat for 6 long months. Charged the battery and boom; started like normal right on the first try!

upyve5as.jpg

This is what the poor car looked like once I got it home two weeks ago, my neighbor (previously owned a heads/cam/nitrous LS1) and I joked about how the other neighbors were probably thinking "we knew that young punk would trash that car" lol

hymy2ajy.jpg

For now that's where I'll leave off, I need to organize some more pictures and then here in a while ill post up progress photos of what I've got done so far in these last 2 weeks!

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
So the cars home now, and it's time to get to work, here's a few shots of how it sat before I began doing what I'm doing.

musu5y2a.jpg

This is what an engine bay with 90k miles looks like dirty, and 12 years old. I may have already had to put my carbon fiber JLT on since I couldn't find my stock tube for anything lol

dugyparu.jpg

The cars mint charcoal leather seats are long gone, trunks bare (don't worry it won't be for long) and I plan on laying sound deadening down under the carpet, in the trunk, and under the back seats.

nu5enede.jpg

Yes that's a spare Corbeau seat, I bought it for a crazy stupid cheap price, don't worry it isn't staying in there. And my sweet 1 ball shift ball a buddy of mine made for me. However that probably won't stay either since I have a 5 speed f*cking fast knob and 10th anniversary shift boot to go on.

3e3ydetu.jpg

First night of work, drained all the coolant (I hate coolant) and started taking stuff off to start hardcore cleaning and making things look nice.

4ynarady.jpg

As you can see this thing is DIRTY.

8atezedu.jpg

Pulled the radiator, and as some of you may notice the condenser is gone. If you haven't guessed already it's because the A/C is getting deleted. I never use it, and I'm not going to ever sell this car so I could care less about resell value.

une6evu4.jpg

Buh-bye A/C compressor, take note of those 2 extra idlers as they'll be getting deleted as well. Turns out everyone that has a one bolt tensioner has a much cleaner way to delete their ac and route their belt than with a stupid delete pulley.

ejatyvap.jpg

This was just me test fitting the belt I bought, once you swap the tensioner pulley for a ribbed one you route the belt through it like so and viola everything down by the old ac compressor area gets bypassed!

anu3eqe5.jpg

Got the evaporater taken out and all the lines removed as well.

8yvudaha.jpg

Here it is with almost everything off that was coming off before I started to clean.

habuvu4e.jpg

But before we start cleaning it was time to paint the Tork tech pulley bridge (which got the words Tork tech shaved off) alternator, and thermostat housing!

9e5y9age.jpg

yne7e2e7.jpg

So were onto cleaning, looks pretty good right? No way, not stopping there!

ty4unymy.jpg

pe7ybamu.jpg

pupe2yby.jpg

Hours upon hours of cleaning later it's looking pretty good!

py3uzeta.jpg

zy6ehymu.jpg

Time to start re-assembly!

sezeny8e.jpg

ara5amum.jpg

arybadat.jpg

bu2ehudy.jpg

aqa2ehap.jpg

Moroso power steering tank! It looks infinitely better than that gaudy stock piece!

2ytydahy.jpg

More Moroso pieces!

u8u5azu9.jpg

Started working on the coolant lines, instead of hating how Tork Tech does it I've tried to embrace it and make it look as good as I can!

zyjemy4a.jpg

dube4y9e.jpg

7uvu4u8e.jpg

At this point I was getting super pumped with how it was starting to look!

py2y6e8a.jpg

Got the intercooler coolant lines ran away from the intake manifold and down into the passenger side wheelwell.

u9unyme7.jpg

So with up under the hood nearing completion it was time to set my sights on a few other aspects of the car...

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
So with work moving right along nicely it was finally time for the moment I had been waiting for all winter long, it was time to put the wheels on! Let me tell you guys that pictures seriously don't do these justice. They look so good on the car and it looks even better than I hoped they would!

ybuha3a9.jpg

4y5a6ugy.jpg

yzydy6u2.jpg

eze3y3a4.jpg

ysy3ysun.jpg

Hard to get a good picture but the 315 Toyo's on these 18x10's are damn near fender flush perfectly!

6uzeteha.jpg

So next up it was time to mount a "catch can" and vent my valve covers to it. It'll sit right up behind the front bumper.

8amu8yzy.jpg

Decided it was time to take it for a short drive around the "block" to see if everything was working ok. I always get a little nervous after I put things back together. Call it lack of experience. Everything worked like it should, it just looked ridiculous for the 10 minutes I drove it. These Toyo's are going to definitely be worth the investment!!!

e6u8ejam.jpg

e9u9yha5.jpg

So with the car running good I set my sights on starting to sound deaden the inside of the car. Seeing that it's 12 years old with a loud exhaust I figured that anything I could do to prevent the old car "shakes and rattles" would be a plus. I couldn't tell you the name of what I used is called but they sell it in rolls at Lowes. We've put this stuff in a few of my friends older volkswagens we've brought back to life and it makes a world of difference. Installing it was just cutting carpet tape and it to desired size and laying it down. It was a very tedious task though.

e5udezep.jpg

dy5agu2y.jpg

agyrurat.jpg

With that out of the way I dug my heat exchanger brackets out of the box and mounted my LFP Dual Pass.

muhasehy.jpg

Just this past weekends project was building a floor for the trunk. I hate the the new edge cars just had some flimsy ass piece of crap carpet to cover the spare tire. Not to mention when people have trunk mounted intercooler tanks I feel like they always look thrown in there. So off to Lowe's I went! I brought home a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" plywood. Why so thick and heavy you ask? Well it has to support the tank being mounted over the spare tire area and I wanted zero sag. So I sacrificed a few pounds for functionality.

This is it cut down to size, I had to do some minor trimming to actually get it to fit into the mouth of the trunk opening, but you get the idea.

a6ytazug.jpg

Here's the concept were shooting for.

6yny8yju.jpg

Mounted the tank, once I got it where I needed it it was time to cut some holes for the lines to come through.

anugy4u9.jpg

I used hydraulic hose from here at work, unfortunately the 90• fittings are bulky at the end so I had to make bigger holes than I hoped but that's ok, it'll be covered.

ate4u6ub.jpg

With it in the car! I laid down some insulation only to give the fabric I cover it with more of a plush look instead of it looking like it was fabric on a flat board.

y8e6y7ed.jpg

And with it covered! The nice ladies at Jo-Ann Fabrics here in town found me some material that literally matched the trunk pieces perfect!

ene6erez.jpg

So, I still need to polish the tank, and run the wires for the pump under it. Then ill put the side panels back into the trunk and that will be done. The seats still need to go in, and the hood and trunk are currently at the painters getting sprayed. My 03 bumper needs the chin spoiler put on and then installed and I'm sure there are other misc things I need to do but it's coming along nicely! Hopefully everyone has enjoyed the pictures and stay tuned for more progress!!!!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Looks sick man! Did the dynomat make any noticeable difference?

Thanks man!! It's actually not dynomat, that stuff is crazy expensive. It's stuff I bought at lowes, ill try to get a picture tonight of what the stuff is. It's like 15 dollars a roll and I only used 2 full rolls of it. I haven't had the car out to really drive yet with all the interior in so I can't say for sure one way or the other. But I feel like it's going to help based on past experiences with other cars. If anything it makes me feel better to know that it's in there lol

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Great job man, sure is coming along well. vast improvement. Besides the spoiler. haha.

Haha! The spoiler is going away, getting the holes in the trunk filled so it won't have one at all! But thanks man, been waiting to put the seats in since I've been in and out of the car so much. Trying to not expose them to anymore wear than necessary lol

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Thanks man! I was actually just checking your thread out! Your car looks awesome!

Thanks bro. I've considered getting some xxr's like yours but all black.
My car slowly getting there. Need to detail it and focus on it more.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Very cool project!

Thank you sir! :beer:

Thanks bro. I've considered getting some xxr's like yours but all black.
My car slowly getting there. Need to detail it and focus on it more.

The xxr's are really a nice quality wheel for the money. And they are considerably lighter than stock mustang wheels. I think the backs only weigh like 20lbs a piece, you can definitely tell they're lighter when you pick one up. I'm just glad they produce their gold ones in a single lug pattern, that's what kills there other colors is there dual lug patterns. Someday I'll buy some CCW's.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Very nice build!

EXTREMELY well documented! Makes me want to re-vamp mine a bit!

Keep up the good work bud!

Thanks alot man! I've really tried to slow down and take my time with making everything look nice. Last year when I put it all together I really didn't know much about it, so after a year I've really been able to clean things up and make them look how they should!

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Thanks alot man! I've really tried to slow down and take my time with making everything look nice. Last year when I put it all together I really didn't know much about it, so after a year I've really been able to clean things up and make them look how they should!

Nah, ive been planning to paint the car for a while and finally got around to it. Got a KILLER deal that i couldnt pass up on a 2.6L KB, so i had to have a new hood that would have the clearance needed and i couldnt pass up the deal i got on the hood, bumper, trunk/spoiler combo so it all went together.

Really dig the look of the gold xxr's!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Nah, ive been planning to paint the car for a while and finally got around to it. Got a KILLER deal that i couldnt pass up on a 2.6L KB, so i had to have a new hood that would have the clearance needed and i couldnt pass up the deal i got on the hood, bumper, trunk/spoiler combo so it all went together.

Really dig the look of the gold xxr's!

Ahhh, gotcha. It looks great! I'm stoked to get my cobra front end on as well! I think the wingless trunk and cobra front on mine should go together well. Always loved the wingless look. That 2.6 will be nasty, ecspecially since you have the bottom end to handle it. I'm just trying to prolong the life of mine and then someday when it goes ill do everything all at once.

Car looks sick man...love the gold xxrs...what psi are you planning on running on the intercooled setup?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man! The wheels are definitely my favorite part! I plan on going down to either a 3.4 pulley or a 3.1 pulley I'm not sure. I'd like to stay around 10psi.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Awesome job! I always loved your car and now it's really gonna be sick when it's done. Those 315 look pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

BMR Tech

Awesome!

Quick question; what is the temp of the Stat that they supply? (remote mounted stat housing)

Users who are viewing this thread