Is the 03-04 Cobra the Beast it was 7-10+ Years Ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
The 03/04 Cobra is a significant driver for why this forum is still relevant after 15 years.

Go click off some "fast passes" (relative) in a 03/04 Cobra, Grand National, or Supra and it will get some attention. Go run that similar time in a 18 Mustang GT and no one cares except the other guy in an 18 Mustang GT. After jumping brands, you realize no one respects Mustang GT's. No one will ever care about Mustang GT's. You could run a 8 second quarter mile time with the air conditioning on. It doesn't matter.

Ford needs to do a limited edition run of the Terminators, maybe 1000 with a blown coyote motor. Solid axle and all. Bringing SVT logo back, Sonic Blue and Mystichrome colors back too. I;m in.

There is a better chance that I'll sleep with Kate Upton tonight. These "relevant" cars happen almost by accident and somehow survive the "Corporate Culture" that seeks to build marginal, bland, bloated, uninspiring cars.

My Mystichrome Cobra will remain relevant for a long time.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The 03/04 Cobra is a significant driver for why this forum is still relevant after 15 years.

Go click off some "fast passes" (relative) in a 03/04 Cobra, Grand National, or Supra and it will get some attention. Go run that similar time in a 18 Mustang GT and no one cares except the other guy in an 18 Mustang GT. After jumping brands, you realize no one respects Mustang GT's. No one will ever care about Mustang GT's. You could run a 8 second quarter mile time with the air conditioning on. It doesn't matter.

There is a better chance that I'll sleep with Kate Upton tonight. These "relevant" cars happen almost by accident and somehow survive the "Corporate Culture" that seeks to build marginal, bland, bloated, uninspiring cars.

My Mystichrome Cobra will remain relevant for a long time.
I have a love for n/a engines, so I'm a GT fan just as much as I am a Cobra fan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Go click off some "fast passes" (relative) in a 03/04 Cobra, Grand National, or Supra and it will get some attention. Go run that similar time in a 18 Mustang GT and no one cares except the other guy in an 18 Mustang GT. After jumping brands, you realize no one respects Mustang GT's. No one will ever care about Mustang GT's. You could run a 8 second quarter mile time with the air conditioning on. It doesn't matter..

Dumbest post of the thread.

A true car guy respects a fast car no matter the brand or model.

Saying a car that runs 8s is insignificant because its a "mustang gt" is retarded.

Now all of a sudden a Cobra or GT500 isn't a mustang?? LMAO. Gotcha.

And to answer OP's question regarding the 03/04's beastliness: The answer is no. No it's not.

Here's a recent one that is running mid 12s at 115 mph with an upgraded blower... VMP if I remember right.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...ot-some-work-to-put-in.1161117/#post-15934365

Hell... my 07 GT500 with a 2.5" pulley, CAI, and tune ran a 12.7@117.... car was making around 520 whp at the time.

For some perspective.. my '18 ran 12.4@115 100% bone stock down to the paper air filter and all season 19" Pirellis.

Like it or not, the Coyote motor--and 2018 GT mustang more specifically are both overachievers...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

Saying a car that runs 8s is insignificant because its a "mustang gt" is retarded.

Now all of a sudden a Cobra or GT500 isn't a mustang?? LMAO. Gotcha.

And to answer OP's question regarding the 03/04's beastliness: The answer is no. No it's not.

Here's a recent one that is running mid 12s at 115 mph with an upgraded blower... VMP if I remember right.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...ot-some-work-to-put-in.1161117/#post-15934365

Hell... my 07 GT500 with a 2.5" pulley, CAI, and tune ran a 12.7@117.... car was making around 520 whp at the time.

For some perspective.. my '18 ran 12.4@115 100% bone stock down to the paper air filter and all season 19" Pirellis.

Like it or not, the Coyote motor--and 2018 GT mustang more specifically are both overachievers...

I think that guys time has to be driver related. With the blower and right mods it should be a lot better.

That’s insane man the Shelby and 2018 comparison. The 2018 looks are growing on me the performance is awesome.

At the end of the day I’m happy and thankful for what I have it’s not the fastest. But it’s a great time to be a gear-head look at all that’s out there
In general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I think that guys time has to be driver related. With the blower and right mods it should be a lot better.

That’s insane man the Shelby and 2018 comparison. The 2018 looks are growing on me the performance is awesome.

At the end of the day I’m happy and thankful for what I have it’s not the fastest. But it’s a great time to be a gear-head look at all that’s out there
In general.

I think youre right about his times. Car should run harder.

It's really just a testament to how far the new stuff has come and how efficient that 10r80 auto is!

Like I said earlier.. I love the 03/04 for what it is and respect it. I even understand why these guys white-knight for it. It's probably the first fast car they ever owned.

Truth be told, Im the same way about the 1st gen DSM cars. That is the first car I went fast in back in the late 90s so it'll always be special from my perspective--even though the car itself would fall apart and leave you stranded almost monthly LOL.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Raw is going WOT on the stock Goodyears in a pullied GT500 on uneven pavement. Ask me how I know.
Kind of how I feel in the Hellcat on the stock 275’s. I have 305 Nitto 555R’s ready to roll when I annihilate these though.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I think youre right about his times. Car should run harder.

It's really just a testament to how far the new stuff has come and how efficient that 10r80 auto is!

Like I said earlier.. I love the 03/04 for what it is and respect it. I even understand why these guys white-knight for it. It's probably the first fast car they ever owned.

Truth be told, Im the same way about the 1st gen DSM cars. That is the first car I went fast in back in the late 90s so it'll always be special from my perspective--even though the car itself would fall apart and leave you stranded almost monthly LOL.

Totally agree. Damn I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a DSM or TSI for that matter.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Now all of a sudden a Cobra or GT500 isn't a mustang?? LMAO. Gotcha

The hate runs deep young Skywalker.

lol

VenomVeins

Established Member

That is just sick!

Cant wait to see what the new GT500 puts down. I may just have to grab one.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I knew some 2018 GT dude would react. Now I just need another 2018 GT guy to pile on. Point proven then.

Point proven that all of your posts are pure opinion based in 0 fact?

Yeah... you’re right.

I’d be pissed if my 650 hp ZL1 barely out performed a NA 460 hp mustang too.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolute TRUTH.

To this day, my old H/C/I/E C5Z is the funnest car i’ve ever driven, barely edging out the Lotus Elise (not enough HP)

HCI c5z would be absolutely nuts. I can only imagine. Damn car only weighs 3000 lbs.

Ours was stock and was fun as hell.

I’ll have another some day.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
2018 GT mustang more specifically are both overachievers...

I'm not impressed. My Cobra ran high 12's bone stock 15+ years ago. My 2018 ZL1 ran an 11.2 @ 125 MPH with a 1.72 60' time on factory tires and no mods but a drop in filter. This thread is about Cobras. Go find some 18-stang-bro's to fist pump with and talk about how awesome your car is. Totally awesome, totally.

I'm looking forward to your reply on value or something.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not impressed. My Cobra ran high 12's bone stock 15+ years ago. My 2018 ZL1 ran an 11.2 @ 125 MPH with a 1.72 60' time on factory tires and no mods but a drop in filter. This thread is about Cobras. Go find some 18-stang-bro's to fist pump with and talk about how awesome your car is. Totally awesome, totally.

I'm looking forward to your reply on value or something.

Coming from the guy that went 11.9@120 with a built Cobra. LMAO.

I ran that tune only with my current car with 400 miles on the ODO.

Also... bragging about an 11.2@125 with a supercharged vehicle is like bragging about graduating from High School at 22 years old.

Congrats bro!

GM went full retard when they put that weak ass 1.7l TVS on the LT4.

If/when they pull their head out of their ass and slap the r2650 blown ZR1 motor into a Camaro you will have something to brag about.

Until then.. keep underachieving. Looks good on you!

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Now you just sound like the GT350 guys. :(

Bragging about an 11.2@125 with a supercharged vehicle is like bragging about graduating from High School at 22 years old.

Congrats bro!

GM went full retard when they put that weak ass 1.7l TVS on the LT4.

If/when they pull their head out of their ass and slap the r2650 blown ZR1 motor into a Camaro you will have something to brag about.

Until then.. keep underachieving. Looks good on you!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Now you just sound like the GT350 guys. :(

Care to explain or just flinging turds against the wall hoping something will stick again?

Reading your posts is like doing the 4th grade over again at 40 years old.

Easy, but only mildly entertaining.

Next?

Last edited:

VenomVeins

Established Member
HCI c5z would be absolutely nuts. I can only imagine. Damn car only weighs 3000 lbs.

Ours was stock and was fun as hell.

I’ll have another some day.

It honestly felt like it was tearing a hole through time itself when i blasted into 2nd and 3rd gear.

Just a total blast to drive.

I’ll eventually own another as well someday.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It honestly felt like it was tearing a hole through time itself when i blasted into 2nd and 3rd gear.

Just a total blast to drive.

I’ll eventually own another as well someday.

The road and field of vision narrow quickly in those cars when you go WOT. Mine was full exhaust, fast intake manifold and futral cam car. The loud pedal always brought a smile to my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread