Is the 03-04 Cobra the Beast it was 7-10+ Years Ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangfreak

Established Member
speaking of road course........saw someone said they have been posting here since 2004.

venomous03cobra, john, road raced his cobra back then. He said it did amazingly well. the corvette club went to the pits and inspected johns cobra. asked him what mods he did. John said suspension is 100% stock. which it was. At that time he had a APTEN ported eaton. 2.8 upper 2lb lower.

Johns cobra also went 10.30's with the eaton and a 60 dry shot. stock motor Full weight stock suspension and he even had his power tools in the trunk lol. That motor did not want to let up. Beat the shit out of it and it was lasting. swapped injectors, one failed, boom. motor went.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Interior is horrible too, I dont know wtf you guys are smoking, 10 year old interior from 94, dog shit is dog shit.

Totally agree. NOBODY, and i mean NOBODY is defending the horseshit creaky ass interior.

I want to rent a Terminator now on turo. I know its nothing compared to my viper, but I want to experience what you guys are so highly defending.
Great idea.

And....

LOL WUT??!

How the hell can you run your dicksuckers at light speed on this topic when you havent DRIVEN a Terminator????

Kick your own ass much?

Maybe that whine has you hypnotized? LOL

It is absolutely part of the fun of driving one.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This still doesn’t disappoint. I also lol because of a bunch of you had one. It’s like comparing my 04 150 to my new 18 that I ordered. Not even close. It’s call technology.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
This still doesn’t disappoint. I also lol because of a bunch of you had one. It’s like comparing my 04 150 to my new 18 that I ordered. Not even close. It’s call technology.
Theres probably 3-4 owners in this 10 page thread that are original owners. The rest are happy they can finally afford a $20k car.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Theres probably 3-4 owners in this 10 page thread that are original owners. The rest are happy they can finally afford a $20k car.
Me being one of them, and believe me I know the new crap would kick my ass. Love my car, but I understand.

wckdvnm

Established Member

Okay and? I could have got a new coyote in 2015 when I got my car but chose not to because I hated the way it drove. (Pre S550) drove the S550 still hated it, drove it modded and hated it. Some don’t like newer cars; that being said comparing a car that is 15 years old to the advent of technology. Everything wrong with the 03/04 cars was remedied by SVT on the next car but brought new problems, that happened again, and again. Now you have people complaining that a road course focused GT-350 doesn’t have the same torque as a 13-14 GT-500 and it’s not good at drag racing.

It’s like someone said earlier it’s apples to oranges. One was built with fords old ideology and one was built with a newer more modern (and European) ideology.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

What the hell are you babbling about? Not everyone was even driving age in 2003. You can get a Coyote for a lot less then 20k and the +2018 is just ugly. I've driven several S550s, they are very removed from the Pony car experience I want. It has more in common with a BMW, it's become a Sports Car.

Ford needs to do a limited edition run of the Terminators, maybe 1000 with a blown coyote motor. Solid axle and all. Bringing SVT logo back, Sonic Blue and Mystichrome colors back too. I;m in.

How the hell did you join in 2004 and you don't know the Cobra is an IRS car?

As for the SVT Logo, with the purchase of the Shelby name, Ford is going to milk that cow to death.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
What the hell are you babbling about? Not everyone was even driving age in 2003. You can get a Coyote for a lot less then 20k and the +2018 is just ugly. I've driven several S550s, they are very removed from the Pony car experience I want. It has more in common with a BMW, it's become a Sports Car.

How the hell did you join in 2004 and you don't know the Cobra is a IRS car?

As for the SVT Logo, with the purchase of the Shelby name, Ford is going to milk that cow to death.
Lol, you're one of those owners.
How many miles is on that thing? Are you like the 10th owner? Also, im not following every post, but you're having problems with yours right? LOL
Keep up the good fight, glad im not in your shoes. :D

I said a solid axle swap would do wonders for a remake of the 03/04 cobra seeing as 95% of the owners are not taking them to the road course, also saving weight.

With guys like you making a big deal about an 8,xxx production run, SHELBY doesnt need to be badged on this thing. It will sell itself. 1000 units of this car will sell to the die hard Terminator is best car ever crowd.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford needs to do a limited edition run of the Terminators, maybe 1000 with a blown coyote motor. Solid axle and all. Bringing SVT logo back, Sonic Blue and Mystichrome colors back too. I;m in.
Lol, you're one of those owners.
How many miles is on that thing? Are you like the 10th owner? Also, im not following every post, but you're having problems with yours right? LOL
Keep up the good fight, glad im not in your shoes. :D

I said a solid axle swap would do wonders for a remake of the 03/04 cobra seeing as 95% of the owners are not taking them to the road course, also saving weight.

With guys like you making a big deal about an 8,xxx production run, SHELBY doesnt need to be badged on this thing. It will sell itself. 1000 units of this car will sell to the die hard Terminator is best car ever crowd.

1307651951001.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Geez 20+ pages lol. I really don't understand the arguments? Anything can be built and extremely fast. Plenty of foxbody guys still running Windsor based blocks with nitrous and turbo's running 8's in the 1/4 mile.

I've owned my cobra for 8+ years and counting. I could careless of the next best and fastest thing. Not everyone wants 1k hp as we all know, the more you make the better chances problems will arise.

At 15 years old my car in the neighborhood of 700 rwhp is still plenty fun on the street and if it can still compete with some of the newer cars of today that's awesome. And for me, it's not all about hp, but the total package. I love the looks of the cobra. I love the fact it's a simple enough platform I can still wrench on it myself.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jaxbusa

Established Member

If they do and you buy one, you might be telling us in 15 years that our new cars are not raw enough and yours is just as fast. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
This thread..
'32 Ford
'40 Ford
'57 Chevy
'69 Mach 1
Just a few classics that were surpassed in time with more power & tech but will always be sought after & hold good value.
Just like the '03/'04 Cobra! Because Terminator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread