Iowa Get Together, Sept. 17 2011

Will you be attending

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zeus201

Established Member
Sounds Good, I am going to clean mine up tonight and tomorrow! It has become a lot harder trying to find time to clean it up with a little one around!

I hear you on having no time to do anything!

Looking forward to it!!!! Ryan, ill shoot you a text later and get a gameplan together, still talking to a few that are on the bubble around here so see what happens i guess. I was lucky enough to have someone back into the car while over in ames the other day so dont make too much fun of me for having a few rough spots on the rear bumper, hahahaha.

That sucks!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I wonder how black lugs would look on mine... the wheels are fairly dark grey

Looks like it should be a go for me. I'll just have to hit a car wash somewhere and spray it clean then hand dry it, should be good enough. Got a little wet this morning dropping my wife at the airport, but otherwise it's still got most of the "new" clean.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Im meeting up with Aaron, Ryan, and a buddy he works with tomorrow at the 1st ave quick trip in ankeny around 9:15, we'll head straight to prarie meadows after that and meet up with the rest of you guys!

92BlkGT

Established Member
Well looks like plans have changed and I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I look forward to pictures and the cruises next year, have fun guys! :beer:

03snkvert

Established Member
I wonder how black lugs would look on mine... the wheels are fairly dark grey

Looks like it should be a go for me. I'll just have to hit a car wash somewhere and spray it clean then hand dry it, should be good enough. Got a little wet this morning dropping my wife at the airport, but otherwise it's still got most of the "new" clean.

Going to bring the lugs with me tomorrow because Ryan want to look at them, you can take them over to the car and see how they look.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I've got your old cell in my new phone, assuming you still have the same number I'll give you a ring when I get up to PM if I can't find you guys.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Got the car cleaned today, unfortunately the sloppy weather caused me to stop before I could get the bugs off the front bumper, but oh well...maybe I'll have time in the morning. Praying for some decent weather!

03snkvert

Established Member
weatheris supposed to be nice (no rain)

Kane cell is still the same. North end of the lot

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Dammit, just got done drying it and it started raining, had to drive it home in the rain.

At least it was clean and the roads weren't soaked yet so I should be able to just towel it off... I thought it wasn't supposed to rain today. ><

Skrapmetal

Established Member
That was pretty fun. The show itself was a bit lame, but the company was good. So was lunch.

Do we still have a contact list like we did before?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Good seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces. I was over by a friend's drag car talking to him for awhile otherwise I woulda said see ya. Oh well, sure I'll see ya all again, keep me posted on any other cruises.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
We kept trying to figure out where you went. Wasn't a very big show, surprised we couldn't see you.

03snkvert

Established Member
Kane, we dont really have a contact list anymore. I usually just try and stay on top of the whos from Iowa thread and PM those that are still relevant in the thread.

I kind of walked over by that drag car and looked up there, but I think I didn't notice because he was probably setting in the car. I tried calling his phone, but it just went straight to VM :poke:

Anyways..... At work now, but will try and get the few pics I took up later today.

Oh yeah, I am thinking about next year, moving this up a couple weeks and having it at the Altoona Palooza fest. Went up to the show this year, its $10 to pre register, they had KIOA there for a while in the morning, but then they live bands later in the day. They had Mud Volleyball going on, they had Softball going on, they had 5-10 food vendors, they had bouncy things for kids to play on. They have 2 classes, pre 80 and Post 80.

The show at the Speedway REALLY disappointed me this year, and I am going to email them that and let them know. Obviously we werent the only ones that thought that, because it seemed like a lot of the nicer cars were bailing early like the Willys.

Last edited:

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Yea, it was no big deal, I figured you guys got bored haha. I was sitting in the car and unfortunately didn't have my phone yesterday.

I stayed for the airshow and then right after the air show they announced prizes. They ended up rearranging the classes. They did a motorcycle class, a hot rod class, a custom class, a classic class, and a "new" classics.

It was kind of lame because the motorcycle winners were the 2 trikes that were there and that one red little jet looking thing and there were no others bikes there to compete with. THen the new classics the winners were the lime green 2011 camaro, the other bone stock 2011 silver camaro, and then the ZR1.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
The show was definitely not what it has been but it was great to get out and put some names with some faces. Definitely have to get together sometime soon weather its car related or not.

zeus201

Established Member
Looks like Cruise through the Woods is October 2nd...not sure if I will be able to make unless we leave the Twin Cities that Saturday night. However, I can say and probably Lance too, it is a good time with a ton of cars ranging from all years. I will say that the stop at Stratford IA is a good place to turn around.

For sure need to plan end of year get together! Not too many weekends left.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Yea, it was no big deal, I figured you guys got bored haha. I was sitting in the car and unfortunately didn't have my phone yesterday.

I stayed for the airshow and then right after the air show they announced prizes. They ended up rearranging the classes. They did a motorcycle class, a hot rod class, a custom class, a classic class, and a "new" classics.

It was kind of lame because the motorcycle winners were the 2 trikes that were there and that one red little jet looking thing and there were no others bikes there to compete with. THen the new classics the winners were the lime green 2011 camaro, the other bone stock 2011 silver camaro, and then the ZR1.

Not surprising with the track's relationship with Central Iowa Chevy Dealers. I would have picked the orange challenger over any of those listed.

Users who are viewing this thread