Iowa Get Together, Sept. 17 2011

Will you be attending

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zeus201

Established Member
Would be pretty sweet to have the Mystic roll up with us. I hope to figure out how to use my camera a bit and take some good pics.

Just sent Ryan a text, will see what he says

How do you like the camera? Glad you finally pulled the trigger on one.

Like I told Corey, still on the fence. Might be going to the Twin Cities the Friday before and coming back that morning so I may not be able to meet up till later. If I don't go then I'm for sure in but won't be able to too do any highway pulls...still running the Amazon tune and haven't had a chance to call SCT about the my chip or even ask Kurgran for pricing on a tune.

Every time I watch the video, I comment to myself on how good that car sounds!

[youtube_browser]Rmo27SWB70E[/youtube_browser]

That foxbody does sound awesome! But I hate the vid because the FPS and quality was killed with the software I used to edit it as well as the Youtube. It so much better straight from the camcorder....maybe one of these days I'll get around to uploading the original stuff.

Last edited:

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Like I told Corey, still on the fence. Might be going to the Twin Cities the Friday before and coming back that morning so I may not be able to meet up till later. If I don't go then I'm for sure in but won't be able to too do any highway pulls...still running the Amazon tune and haven't had a chance to call SCT about the my chip or even ask Kurgran for pricing on a tune.

Sounds good, Im actually in the process of getting a fill station put together so i can fill nitrous at my convenience now:banana: so hopefully ill have spray back in the car. If i can get the new fuel pump by then i may throw the 150 jets in and see how it goes otherwise ill leave the 100's in it. Havent been able to run it at all this year so im kinda anxious! Also Ryan, i think you may like the looks of the mustang a little better, did a simple mod that made the car look 100x better..... got rid of the stripes:rockon:

03snkvert

Established Member
Curious to see the car with no stripes! I like the look of just a clean car.

I won't be doing any pulls if everything goes right. The Daughter may be going on her first road trip in the Cobra.

Haven't got to play with the camera a lot, but what I have taken just on the Auto Settings are awesome. I haven't put the 55-200 lens on it yet.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Curious to see the car with no stripes! I like the look of just a clean car.

I won't be doing any pulls if everything goes right. The Daughter may be going on her first road trip in the Cobra.

Haven't got to play with the camera a lot, but what I have taken just on the Auto Settings are awesome. I haven't put the 55-200 lens on it yet.

It looks a ton better IMO. After i took them off initially it looked horrible since they had been on there for a while, But after about 6 hours of wetsanding with 3000, buffing with compound and polishing, and giving it 2 coats of wax it didnt turn out to bad. I also decided to plasti-dip the pony up front and the 35th anniversary badges on the fenders, Looks like a different car now for sure.

Thats going to be awesome if your daughter is able to go, especially if its her first trip in the cobra!! looking forward to it for sure.

03snkvert

Established Member
Kane......... Is that you? Its been so long. Might as well bring it out and break it in!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I took Friday off last week and caught a lot of grief over it, so there is a small possibility I may be stuck working Saturday depending on how behind things got with me gone and if I can catch it back up this week. I should have a better idea in the next couple of days.

03snkvert

Established Member
Cool....

Let me know. We are still planning on meeting at 9:30 at Prairie Meadows (north end) and heading to the Speedway around 10

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm hoping I can make it, it really sounds fun. I've got another 790 miles to put on it so I can hit the 1k mark and really start playing with it.

zeus201

Established Member
It looks a ton better IMO. After i took them off initially it looked horrible since they had been on there for a while, But after about 6 hours of wetsanding with 3000, buffing with compound and polishing, and giving it 2 coats of wax it didnt turn out to bad. I also decided to plasti-dip the pony up front and the 35th anniversary badges on the fenders, Looks like a different car now for sure.

Looks like I'm in!

I did like the strips but I imagine it looks tons better without them...can't wait too see the new look. One of these days, I need pick up a can of plastidip and black out the cobra badges.

Lance, if you are going to in Ames Saturday, you wanna meet up and roll down together?

03snkvert

Established Member
Looks like I'm in!

I did like the strips but I imagine it looks tons better without them...can't wait too see the new look. One of these days, I need pick up a can of plastidip and black out the cobra badges.

Lance, if you are going to in Ames Saturday, you wanna meet up and roll down together?

Sweet.... Sounds like we should have a pretty good turn out. Kind of hope my bag for my Camera comes in this week. Amazon shipped through the Damn USPS so I am sure it wont be here.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I may have to meet you at the track as opposed to Altoona.

My daughter is competing in the Ironkids HyVee Triathalon. Her division got cancelled a couple weeks back due to lightning. So she is supposed to start at 7:00 am in WDM. If her class goes first I should make it. If not I will be coming later. I will call your cell Corey to confirm either way.

Tag

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Looks like I'm in!

Good to hear! I will be in marshalltown but i'd be up to cruise to ames first and head to prarie meadows with ya. sounds like aaron may go also so we may have to make a quick detour at his place in ankeny to grab him. Plasti-dip is very cool stuff! super easy to remove and put on and it looks great!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm gonna do everything I can to be there. Work is hellish right now so I might have trouble not working Saturday, but we'll see.

Not that my car is exactly show worthy. Doesn't even have so much as a set of aftermarket floormats. :D

03snkvert

Established Member
This is all about just getting together. I am sure, even just a "Stock" Mustang will garner some attention. They are Super Nice looking cars right off the lot.

Hope you can make it out. We are super busy at work too, but I feel if I don't just take the time every now and then, I will get burnt out, and end up freaking out at work.

03snkvert

Established Member
Cool, as we get to the Speedway though I want to be able to park all the Mustangs together

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Looking good at the moment. As long as I get a lot done tomorrow, I should be set for the weekend. Gotta find time to give it a quick cleanup, got some bugs splattered on the front from laps around Easter Lake. :coolman:

03snkvert

Established Member
Looking good at the moment. As long as I get a lot done tomorrow, I should be set for the weekend. Gotta find time to give it a quick cleanup, got some bugs splattered on the front from laps around Easter Lake. :coolman:

Sounds Good, I am going to clean mine up tonight and tomorrow! It has become a lot harder trying to find time to clean it up with a little one around!

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Looking forward to it!!!! Ryan, ill shoot you a text later and get a gameplan together, still talking to a few that are on the bubble around here so see what happens i guess. I was lucky enough to have someone back into the car while over in ames the other day so dont make too much fun of me for having a few rough spots on the rear bumper, hahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread