Iowa Cruise

Are You Gonna Make the Cruise

• Total voters

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Man, I couldn't be happier that the snow and rain missed Des Moines last night. I'll be driving the L tonight, just finished putting the emblems on the centercaps. The truck is a bit dirty from driving it for the new job this week, but it'll clean up once it gets warmer.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Me too, spent a bunch of time cleaning my car, I would hate to drive it through a puddle right now.

Eric91Z

Established Member
Man, I couldn't be happier that the snow and rain missed Des Moines last night. I'll be driving the L tonight, just finished putting the emblems on the centercaps. The truck is a bit dirty from driving it for the new job this week, but it'll clean up once it gets warmer.

I, too, am happy it missed us. I am thinking of getting the Marauder out to drive tonight. Especially since the streets seem to be mostly dry and it doesn't look like it is going to get warm enough today for more melting on to the streets.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Well it was nice meeting every one. Shame to corey for not getting his car there. :nonono: My clumsy wife feels bad. But I am used to it, she fell down the stairs last week. They are okay and we both had fun. I will get some sandwich info this week. I need to go to hyvee to get my wife a birthday cake any ways for may. I think every one had some thing on there cars that I wish I had. The cruise is going to turn out pretty nice, can't wait.

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
Yeah, It was good to meet up with everyone. I fully planned on having the car done and just ran into a few snags along the way.

I have to say, your wife made a hell of a save keeping your daughter from any injury.

Listening to everyone cars deff. makes me want to get mine out. Hopefully tomorrow I will get it buttoned up (enough to drive) and take it for a little cruise.

Cameron your car sounds pretty good, seems to run real nice.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
You'll get it, maybe if you talk nice to it this time things will go better. :) Or if it's any thing like me, after you break a few pieces and do every thing wrong the first time, the second time will go much easier. Makes me wonder if I should get it, guess I won't do it myself either way. Tell me if your happy when it's done. I would probably go with both maximum motorsport pieces, I have been happy with their products so far.

Last edited:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Yeah, It was good to meet up with everyone. I fully planned on having the car done and just ran into a few snags along the way.

I have to say, your wife made a hell of a save keeping your daughter from any injury.

Listening to everyone cars deff. makes me want to get mine out. Hopefully tomorrow I will get it buttoned up (enough to drive) and take it for a little cruise.

Cameron your car sounds pretty good, seems to run real nice.

Had to get a little bit of 2v love out of you guys :beer:

03snkvert

Established Member
I got it put together and took it for a drive and the amount of pedal travel is awesome. I just need to get the clutch adjusted a little more. On a hard pull it still wont go into third real easy. And so I adjusted it a little, and now when I go to put it in reverse it doesn't seem like I am getting enough pull on it.

I am sure I got quite the looks to, Had the top down with a stocking hat and a carhart on. Woo Hoo 40 degrees is like summer for us vert guys.

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I got it put together and took it for a drive and the amount of pedal travel is awesome. I just need to get the clutch adjusted a little more. On a hard pull it still wont go into third real easy. And so I adjusted it a little, and now when I go to put it in reverse it doesn't seem like I am getting enough pull on it.

I am sure I got quite the looks to, Had the top down with a stocking hat and a carhart on. Woo Hoo 40 degrees is like summer for us vert guys.

Well on one hand it would be way too cold for me, but on the other hand at least you had it down. I also can't stand the people that have to have the top down but all the windows up either. The sandwich tray is $50 for 20 people about 3 sandwiches a person. Comes with three kinds of meats, three cheeses, buns, mayonaise and mustand in tiny packets. Considering some people might not eat and some might not show, what do you think? I am more than happy to pay for it all also, in fact I would like to.

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
I think enough for 20 people would be fine. 3 sandwiches a person is an awful lot anyways. We will get some chips and stuff also, and that should be enough of a snack for people. If not they can head out for dinner somewhere.

I was thinking, If we order the sandwich tray maybe we could order it at the one on Merle Hay unless the packaging is small enough to fit in a cooler. This way if it didn't fit in the cooler we would just throw it in the trunk and it would be on the way to Saylorville.

I was just thinking too, my aunt works at the Hy-Vee in Ankeny making these trays so I could see if she could get a little better price or maybe just hook us up with a little more meat.

I can not Stand People that have the top down and ANY windows up!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
The sandwich tray should be a good idea, we'll need plates too then. I lost the paperwork for the park when we went to Legends, so I can't remember what it said about garbage removal. We might want to bring some garbage bags just incase, but maybe once we get past April 1st we can swing up and check out the shelter and see if they handle that or not.

The more we talk about it, the more I'm wondering if we shouldn't make the next cruise a potluck thing. We got away from that at first, but things are slowly heading back that way anyway.

03snkvert

Established Member
Only thing about a pot luck is the fact that anyone that has to drive any distance wouldn't want to bring something and have it in there trunk all day.

But we can play it by ear and see what happens!

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I think enough for 20 people would be fine. 3 sandwiches a person is an awful lot anyways. We will get some chips and stuff also, and that should be enough of a snack for people. If not they can head out for dinner somewhere.

I was thinking, If we order the sandwich tray maybe we could order it at the one on Merle Hay unless the packaging is small enough to fit in a cooler. This way if it didn't fit in the cooler we would just throw it in the trunk and it would be on the way to Saylorville.

I was just thinking too, my aunt works at the Hy-Vee in Ankeny making these trays so I could see if she could get a little better price or maybe just hook us up with a little more meat.

I can not Stand People that have the top down and ANY windows up!
The tray is slightly larger than a dinner plate, round. Which ever place works best, I forget the route. When it comes to garbage bags and the mess though I don't think any one wants to stay after and clean up, so it would be best to get more details on that and making sure nobody liters.

Users who are viewing this thread