Iowa Cruise

Are You Gonna Make the Cruise

• Total voters

03snkvert

Established Member
Saturday April 26th, 2008

On Saturday April 26th, The Iowa Members of SVTPerformance are planning a Get Together and Cruise. The plan right now, Is to meet at Buffalo Wild Wings in West Des Moines (Jordan Creek Mall) and have lunch around 12:00 and get to know each other. From there we are planning a Cruise to Saylorville Lake.

Here is a thought on a cruise route:
We could take George Mills over to the interstate, hop on and go north up to Hickman, then go Hickman -> Merle Hay Rd -> Beaver Dr (we could stop at Camp Dodge for some pics by the tanks/jets, if we don't have *too* many cars) -> mile long bridge across the lake... then to a shelter we have reserved we will provide some drinks also.

From there we could go back into Des Moines for some City Pics or try and find a cruise night (if Porkys is still open) or just take over a parking lot somewhere.

I would like to get as many cars as possible, They don't HAVE to be Mustangs as there are plenty of guys on SVT that are non Mustang owners. Please feel free to invite anyone with a Mustang or a Love of cars to come out and join us.

Please Visit the Poll so I can try and get a CAR count and I will just figure in general about 2 people per car.

Anybody coming from the north or the east can meet up with us at the Shoppers Store at NE 14th and I-80 (old K-Mart). We will be leaving there no later than 11:30am.

If you have any suggestions feel free to drop me an email: [email protected]

Last edited:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Hey sonic, I have 2 cars coming as of now but the poll won't let me vote again. Just wanted to let you know... BTW everything you have done to organize this is killer :rockon:

03snkvert

Established Member
Hmmmmm...... Oh Well it will give me a ball park.

I just hope we get a good turnout! :shrug:

Eric91Z

Established Member
Yup, I will be there with a car of 1 (myself). I will let Ryan know and see if he can have his car together by then...

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Crap... I just checked last years schedule and racing started by April 28th. Granted, that was last year but the opening was April 11th so it will just depend on the new schedule.

Who knows, but a meet at Porky's does sound fun!

John

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'll be there for sure, unless something catastrophic happens. Then maybe. :D

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
I'll be there (providing the weathers nice and dry) and I should have a car or two besides me. Put me down for up to four or five others. I can let you know the exact number as the date gets closer.

zeus201

Established Member
I'm going to swing by Lund's tonight and I'll give them Corey's original post and tell them to post on here if they know of people who are in as well.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm going to swing by Lund's tonight and I'll give them Corey's original post and tell them to post on here if they know of people who are in as well.

I was right across the street from there today. Too bad I'm not smart enough to think of that.

03snkvert

Established Member
This is looking good so far! I have a count of about 17 cars so far and the thread has only been open for a day.

Skap, I think we need to maybe work on a map of the cruise. This way we can hand them out and if someone gets caught at a light or something they will be able to catch up.

We also need to be on the lookout for a photographer or amateur photographer to take some good pics!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm sure I can come up with some maps, if nothing else I can make a route on mapquest and make copies of it.

Need a definite destination though. Are we thinking about reserving a shelter? If so, if anyone has any suggestions at Saylorville or Big Creek, I haven't been to either in a while. I could run by and see what I can find that can hold a lot of cars, though.

At Saylorville, it's $50 for a regular shelter, $110 for the big Sandpiper area. Here's a list of shelters, their cost, how many people they can hold and how many cars the lot can take... and what the area is like: http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/Saylorville/PicnicShelters.cfm

I'm thinking maybe shelter 5 or 6 in Cherry Glen?

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
This is looking good so far! I have a count of about 17 cars so far and the thread has only been open for a day.

Skap, I think we need to maybe work on a map of the cruise. This way we can hand them out and if someone gets caught at a light or something they will be able to catch up.

We also need to be on the lookout for a photographer or amateur photographer to take some good pics!

My ex's brother in law is pretty good, I can check and see if he will come and take pics. He can ride with me, and he is always up for checking out some sweet cars!

03snkvert

Established Member
I don't mind if we get a shelter or not. But by the time we are done eating and driving / taking pics we probably wont be to Saylorville until around 4-5 If we just want to end up there that is fine, but if we want to cruise to big creek then we probably wouldn't want the shelter.

So I will leave it up to majority:

1) Finish at Saylorville and try and get a shelter

2) Forgoe the shelter and cruise up to big creek afterwards

If we decide on a shelter I will have to call and see if they have any available

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Doesn't matter to me at all, as long as we wind up with a place we can all stop for taking pictures.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
sorry,not to be a winer, but i think des moines is going to be a lil far for me but we will see, i would love iowa city but o well maybe next year.

Users who are viewing this thread